5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Sway Bar End Links, possible solution

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well the options SuspensionMAXX has are 19mm or 21mm sway link nuts. My truck has neither. Mine are 18mm. So I ordered the 19mm since that was closest. I hope they work. Those things are PRICEY for what they are.
I didn't see any "options" on the end links other than stock, or lifted applications. I just ordered, and received the lifted ones for my truck and was just add to cart and pay

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahhh...the fine print that I never read 🤣. Didn't know that ram did a design change. Hopefully the 19mm work for you.
IIRC, since I just had mine apart to move the clip on the Bilstiens, my end link was a 18mm on the lower control arm. I didn't touch the sway bar side

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The SuspensionMAXX links are bad ***. I love them. Mounted far easier than taking the stock junk off. No more rattling and noise!
My stock ones came off easier than putting the news ones on. Used my electric impact and the nuts zipped right off. I took the bottom ones out of the control arm first then was able to rotate the sway bar up to where I could get on the nuts with a 1' wobble extension on my impacts. Putting new ones on, I used my regular ratchet and was only able to get 1/4 turn. But that's because I followed the install directions that said to do the bottom nuts first to mount to control arms.

Kamper

Reaction score
I went SuspensionMaxx - solved the issues w the under-engineered RAM links. Also - as I had a question about which to get - I placed a call which I rarely do anymore (cuz most sites have chat, etc...) they picked up the phone right away and I spoke w the owner. Nice guy and no question which to get per the conversation. Truck is still driving tight up front, no noise etc... my mechanic loves the new ones and reference how easy they would be to service bushings if/when they wear... good stuff. Worth the extra cost over the cheap RAM update as well. When my mechanic took my stock ones off the bushings were completely shot/gone and not serviceable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just an update for mine with the Suspensionmaxx end links. I can't say turning is any different, but I have not experienced the floating feel while driving down the road that I had every now and then with stock end links.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Eighty how different are the TRX end links compared to regular 1500s?
Screenshot_20240114-085727.png

397STROKER

Reaction score
1705283253681.png
this the stock end link for a 1500. Notices the bolt orientations. One is straight down with a ball joint. If you look at the TRX both bolt go on a 90 degree or sideways

James066

Reaction score
I just failed my inspection for "sway bar links have slight play, along with sway bar worn bushings. Will require front sway bar assembly replaced". Part # they gave me is 68361445AG. I haven't been able to find any videos on how to do this job. I'd like to do it myself if possible to save the outrageous labor costs. Has anyone come across any videos?

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just failed my inspection for "sway bar links have slight play, along with sway bar worn bushings. Will require front sway bar assembly replaced". Part # they gave me is 68361445AG. I haven't been able to find any videos on how to do this job. I'd like to do it myself if possible to save the outrageous labor costs. Has anyone come across any videos?
This is a part of your annual vehicle inspection?

James066

Reaction score
Yes in my province in Canada we have to do an mvi every year. It's stupid as not every province requires this. Cash grab.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Get the Suspensionmaxx end links and poly urethane bushings. They will last longer and improve performance

Energy Suspension 5.5160G 36mm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018LSCA0?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

James066

Reaction score
Is there any important points that may not be obvious for removing the old sway bar assembly and installing a new one? I've never done it but am gonna give it a go.

397STROKER

Reaction score
It is not hard. You only need to replace the bushing and the end links. The sway bar itself should be fine. There are videos on Youtube for the end links and the bushing. I believe someone on hear may even have instruction if you search for it. 2 bolts for each bushing clamp and 2 nuts per end link and if you are staying stock on the end links even easier.

Users who are viewing this thread