5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Sway Bar End Links, possible solution

Boo82osu

Reaction score
More than likely the dealer is going to give you some pushback since you have an aftermarket level kit installed and it was installed by an independent shop. I just went through this with my dealership in regards to my lower ball joints going bad and I finally gave up after trying a few different dealers.
It sounds like the independent shop that installed your level kit is willing to work with you to make it right so I would just keep that relationship going with them. You will probably get better service from them anyway. Good luck, keep us posted.
Thank you all for your input! The lug nuts are aftermarket that came with the fuel wheel package I purchased. I got underneath it today and the lug nuts are tight, the strut top hat nuts are tight, the sway bar link nuts are tight. Everything looks good but it just makes this loose, slight honking noise when hitting bumps or road dips. It’s like the shock is bad but it looks great. I guess it could be a ball joint but with 9,000 miles that wouldn’t make much sense. Also, the sway bar link nuts are tight like I mentioned but am I correct in saying that one wouldn’t know if the link has play in it and has gone bad until the tension is taken off of it by removing it?

Boo82osu

Reaction score
Unless you have an awesome relationship with your Dealer, they will likely use any changes to the front suspension to nullify the warranty. I wouldn't blame them if they did- dealers have enough of a challenge finding and keeping good techs to work on stock vehicles, let alone chase issues that are possibly related to a/m parts. Not excusing it, but it is a direct result of the lack of people willing to work currently, and good techs are getting poached all the time.

One thing I just thought of, do you have spacers or rings between your Fuel wheels and the hubs? The correct concentric spacers help keep the wheels centered, and from moving around under load. Maybe check those?
No spacers. The custom shop that I used to install the wheels doesn’t usually use spacers.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you all for your input! The lug nuts are aftermarket that came with the fuel wheel package I purchased. I got underneath it today and the lug nuts are tight, the strut top hat nuts are tight, the sway bar link nuts are tight. Everything looks good but it just makes this loose, slight honking noise when hitting bumps or road dips. It’s like the shock is bad but it looks great. I guess it could be a ball joint but with 9,000 miles that wouldn’t make much sense. Also, the sway bar link nuts are tight like I mentioned but am I correct in saying that one wouldn’t know if the link has play in it and has gone bad until the tension is taken off of it by removing it?
Yeah it sucks chasing down suspension noises. If it is a spacer type lift then it could be the spacer itself making the noise 🤷, hard to say.

That's correct about checking the end links, it would be really hard to know if the bushings have play without removing them.

Boo82osu

Reaction score
Is it possible to get aftermarket sway bar links for a 2019 Ram 1500 (new style)? Researching on line, I’m not sure they are even available. Everything I can find says up to 2018 or 2019 “Classic”.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it possible to get aftermarket sway bar links for a 2019 Ram 1500 (new style)? Researching on line, I’m not sure they are even available. Everything I can find says up to 2018 or 2019 “Classic”.
None available at this time.

Kamper

Reaction score
Affirmative what Jeffjad is stating - I've exhausted many searches and doesn't seem to be anything but stock links and LOTS of folks replacing them cuz they are pretty weak/suck (per my independent shop owner!

397STROKER

Reaction score
Are you saying these will work on 2019-2022 Ram 1500 too?
I am saying they might be a solution. I don't think anyone has tried them. The stock link for a 2500 is about an inch shorter and the stud that would go through the sway bar may be a little larger, but you could drill out the sway bar. look at the beginning of this post and the pictures. These are available for 0-2" of lift, 3-5", and I think 6-8", so you could get the additional length needed.

Last edited:

Boo82osu

Reaction score
The custom shop took my truck back in yesterday and drove it. They are telling me it’s the front driver side strut. They are replacing it with a new factory Mopar strut and not charging me since they did the 2.5” leveling kit two weeks ago. It drove great for a week after the kit/wheels/35” tires were added then started making the front end loose knocking noise. Not sure how a strut goes out at 9,800 miles…? Somehow I guess it was the addition of the leveling kit, which is why the shop is doing the new strut at no cost. The owner doesn’t think the Dodge dealership will honor my 3/36k mile warranty with the leveling. We will see if that fixes the problem! I thought all 2019 (new body style trucks) had the air suspension system, how would I know if my truck was equipped with that?

Kamper

Reaction score
Air ride was optional on some models and only standard on Limiteds. Your sig shows a tradesman and I don't believe you could get air on that in 19 (but I might be mistaken). Sounds like the independent shop is a "good" shop. I've been fortunate to find a couple in my community. Ram dealers locally are a joke, literally a joke in their service/parts. Don't return calls, deny things like the "clunk" noise exists etc...

I contacted my 2 closest Ram dealers to order the sway bar end links and schedule install (on my dime) and have not had a call back or response from either. 2 calls and 2 web form submissions to each. Ridiculous. Finally ordered links from Mopar e-store (at a nice discount) and will pay my independent shop to install. I also ordered Eibach front / rear suspension bits so he's installing those as well. So I will get the front leveled via the adjustable front struts (spring perch is adjustable like the Bilsteins) and match the valving w the rear shocks.

Boo82osu

Reaction score
Air ride was optional on some models and only standard on Limiteds. Your sig shows a tradesman and I don't believe you could get air on that in 19 (but I might be mistaken). Sounds like the independent shop is a "good" shop. I've been fortunate to find a couple in my community. Ram dealers locally are a joke, literally a joke in their service/parts. Don't return calls, deny things like the "clunk" noise exists etc...

I contacted my 2 closest Ram dealers to order the sway bar end links and schedule install (on my dime) and have not had a call back or response from either. 2 calls and 2 web form submissions to each. Ridiculous. Finally ordered links from Mopar e-store (at a nice discount) and will pay my independent shop to install. I also ordered Eibach front / rear suspension bits so he's installing those as well. So I will get the front leveled via the adjustable front struts (spring perch is adjustable like the Bilsteins) and match the valving w the rear shocks.
Sorry to hear that about the dealerships! Doesn’t make me warm and fuzzy with just getting into a Ram. Had a Tacoma for the last 3 years and the Toyota dealership service was awesome. But also never had any issues with that truck besides routine maintenance.
If this Mopar strut doesn’t last long or the passenger side goes out, I will switch over to Bilsteins or Eibach’s. In your research, was one better than the other? Also, did both your sway bar links go bad & if so, how many miles did you get on them? I’m just shocked an aftermarket, much tougher link hasn’t been made yet!

Kamper

Reaction score
I will state this - local dealers aside and end links as well - I have never enjoyed a vehicle as much as this truck. I've owned some nice vehicles over the years as well. My extremely finicky wife likes my trucks ride and interior better than her 19 Acura MDX (and so do i).

I've never had a single issue outside of the sway bar links being loose (local shop tightened and didn't charge a dime as it took em 15 minutes to diagnose and tighten). Full expect that the bushings in the links are the culprit. Will know once they arrive and are installed. Candidly - they are a $27 part when discounted and shouldn't be but an hr to install.

My truck runs as nice, and quiet as new and I've only completed oil changes and end links tightened.

BTW - I also live at 8000 ft elevation and overall MPG avg is sitting right about 19. Im in the Mts and up and down to get anywhere.

Its very possible 1 bad shock landed on your truck or something else happened - I guess hard to say but sounds like you have found a good tire/sus shop that's gonna address it with. Keep the faith! Hope you have a good outcome.

I researched shocks/leveling ad nauseam. btw the 2 the reviews are nearly the same. Some like the bill better, some the Eibach. Bils out of stock and Eibach are mfg and assembled here in the US and in stock. Same price really and same basic features. Ill post a review once installed and a few drives under my belt. I also had some great service when asking questions about ride quality, which springs (stay w stock or go with theirs), install, spring perch location etc...

Boo82osu

Reaction score
I will state this - local dealers aside and end links as well - I have never enjoyed a vehicle as much as this truck. I've owned some nice vehicles over the years as well. My extremely finicky wife likes my trucks ride and interior better than her 19 Acura MDX (and so do i).

I've never had a single issue outside of the sway bar links being loose (local shop tightened and didn't charge a dime as it took em 15 minutes to diagnose and tighten). Full expect that the bushings in the links are the culprit. Will know once they arrive and are installed. Candidly - they are a $27 part when discounted and shouldn't be but an hr to install.

My truck runs as nice, and quiet as new and I've only completed oil changes and end links tightened.

BTW - I also live at 8000 ft elevation and overall MPG avg is sitting right about 19. Im in the Mts and up and down to get anywhere.

Its very possible 1 bad shock landed on your truck or something else happened - I guess hard to say but sounds like you have found a good tire/sus shop that's gonna address it with. Keep the faith! Hope you have a good outcome.

I researched shocks/leveling ad nauseam. btw the 2 the reviews are nearly the same. Some like the bill better, some the Eibach. Bils out of stock and Eibach are mfg and assembled here in the US and in stock. Same price really and same basic features. Ill post a review once installed and a few drives under my belt. I also had some great service when asking questions about ride quality, which springs (stay w stock or go with theirs), install, spring perch location etc...
That’s good info, thank you & I will definitely keep the faith. I agree that everything I’ve seen about the links points back to the bushings. Being that the new style has been out since 19 now, my guess is a good aftermarket link will become available in the near future. Appreciate you posting about the Eibach struts once you get some travel in them!

Kamper

Reaction score
Well - it was a heck of a journey - but finally found some end links. Mopar nationwide and the numerous independent front end stores may show in stock, available but currently via Mopar they are on a national backorder.

The only way to find them was if someone was sitting on pre-ordered stock. Well - took a bit but landed a couple. eBay ended up being the point of reference for "availability". 2 sellers had em and are national parts resellers. I grabbed the last 2 from one of the sellers. If you put the part number and brief description in the search bar they will show. Of note, I didn't buy from the e-bay listing, but direct from their website and saved about $8 in total after shipping/tax.

the other seller was showing 7 available as of last night. I got a call from one of the Mopar sites and there is currently no ETA from Mopar - so if you need end links sooner vs later you may want to take action.

Kamper

Reaction score
apparently the ebay sellers have been mis-representing - my order was refunded as they were NOT stocking them but fronting Mopar. Soooooo - no end links I can find anywhere.

Anyone know about just replacing the bushings components of the stock pieces???

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
apparently the ebay sellers have been mis-representing - my order was refunded as they were NOT stocking them but fronting Mopar. Soooooo - no end links I can find anywhere.

Anyone know about just replacing the bushings components of the stock pieces???
Bummer.....I just ordered some today from getOEMparts.com. My order went through but time will tell if they actually have them in stock.

Kamper

Reaction score
keep me posted - I've placed 3 orders and all were subsequently cancelled due to "national backorder" at about 2 days post order

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
keep me posted - I've placed 3 orders and all were subsequently cancelled due to "national backorder" at about 2 days post order
I ordered mine from Mopar Genuine Parts, shipped about a month later.

Users who are viewing this thread