5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Skid Plate

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I would contact them and ask but I would think that it would as the Rebel frame and the 1500 frame should be the same.

MurrayB

Reaction score
@MurrayB - Possibly a stupid question: How did you mount this to the front bumper? Are you using bolts with threaded spring clips, or are you managing to get washers and nuts in behind the plate (which seems like it would involve a lot of swearing...)???
There was enough room in the little pocket of the front bumper to drop in a small washer and nut and tighten with a small 1/4" drive socket. Surprisingly little swearing during install. I haven't had to take it off, though.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Thekidcasual very simple and easy install really.

hardest was loosening the existing nuts/bolts.

i used a floor Jack to hoist it up into place so one might need a second person.

but the fit was perfect

taylorashipley

Reaction score
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on temps in the short term. 103 out today and no issues.

I should have mentioned it's for a '20 1500 Lonestar (Big horn). The plate started out as a 27" x 28" sheet. Its 27" across at the bumper and tapers to 19" at the crossmember. Excuse the crude drawing...my big template with the numbers got trashed.
way behind on this but looking to do something similar to this for my truck. How does this mount to the cross member? I easily see how you mount it to the bumper... can you post a pic of how it mounts on the other end? Thanks!

BUFFRAM21

Reaction score
Thekidcasual very simple and easy install really.

hardest was loosening the existing nuts/bolts.

i used a floor Jack to hoist it up into place so one might need a second person.

but the fit was perfect
How far forward does it go? I'm looking for one to cover the gap between the front bumper and the crossmember. Thanks

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is there a skid plate which will work with the air dams still on the truck?

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Ma1enemy if you looked at the photos they have online you would have seen that it does not go all the way to the bumper.

i have not found anyone that sells one for that area, but I am happy with the Dethloff one as it does protect a very sensitive area.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If I was to design and manufacture a full bell skid in multiple peices, who would be interested, what pieces would you be interestered and what would you be willing to spend? If it is worth while I will design and offer a full belly skid in pieces (probably about three pieces) and make it available to purchase all or just pieces. Let us know.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I was to design and manufacture a full bell skid in multiple peices, who would be interested, what pieces would you be interestered and what would you be willing to spend? If it is worth while I will design and offer a full belly skid in pieces (probably about three pieces) and make it available to purchase all or just pieces. Let us know.

I think a lot of us are looking for a skid plate to cover the area between the bumper and lower control arms when the front air dams are removed from the truck. Nobody makes this accessory now, so there’s no competition for you if you do it. Even better if you can make it with some aesthetics so it’s not literally a flat plate with a few connection holes in it!

JbVt

Reaction score
I think a lot of us are looking for a skid plate to cover the area between the bumper and lower control arms when the front air dams are removed from the truck. Nobody makes this accessory now, so there’s no competition for you if you do it. Even better if you can make it with some aesthetics so it’s not literally a flat plate with a few connection holes in it!
Exactly what he said!

RamMe

Reaction score
I’m in if a package is available.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I'm in too, if it's setup to cover from lower bumper on back. That air dam looks hideous, so I dont want to take it off unless I have some protection under there.

Users who are viewing this thread