5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front Skid Plate

Billetram1500

Reaction score
I’m having one built by the local colony in 3/16 will be curved at the front to follow the bumper line and bolt up to the 6 bumper holes and be bent to go down under the lower control arm mount. If it turns out good they will already have the dimensions and would take them no time to knock out a couple more if there was some interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I’m having one built by the local colony in 3/16 will be curved at the front to follow the bumper line and bolt up to the 6 bumper holes and be bent to go down under the lower control arm mount. If it turns out good they will already have the dimensions and would take them no time to knock out a couple more if there was some interest.

Let me know!

Billetram1500

Reaction score
198a7136ab2f01bea9b78b4286186869.jpg

Billetram1500

Reaction score
Yup had to drill the 2 rear holes but that was easy. Took it back off today and painted it

Billetram1500

Reaction score
Would be $250 can + shipping. I don’t imagine shipping would be cheap as the plate weighs close to 50 lbs. so I’d assume there would be cheaper options available

RunsWithBeer

Reaction score
Don't forget about armoring the rear pinion as well. Anything tall enough to gouge at the front can definitely impact the rear pinion as well. I had to rescue a guy that snapped his on a trail at the Uwharrie.

Billetram1500

Reaction score
Don't forget about armoring the rear pinion as well. Anything tall enough to gouge at the front can definitely impact the rear pinion as well. I had to rescue a guy that snapped his on a trail at the Uwharrie.

Mines just to stop debris and stuff going into the engine compartment

Billetram1500

Reaction score
I can get more made. I had a Hutterite colony that we do heavy truck work for make them. I just have to call and get them to make another they have all the measurements and what not

KiloFive

Reaction score
How's this? It's noticable enough that I didn't want to cheap out on hardware but otherwse it's pretty low profile.
View attachment 65109 View attachment 65110

@MurrayB - Possibly a stupid question: How did you mount this to the front bumper? Are you using bolts with threaded spring clips, or are you managing to get washers and nuts in behind the plate (which seems like it would involve a lot of swearing...)???

Users who are viewing this thread