5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

suln

Reaction score
I have a stock 2022 4x2 Hemi
I want to put front and rear sway bars on.
How do I go about purchasing the Roadmaster bar? Do i purchase a 2500 kit?
Also, im tryin to get a comparison of Front and rear kit from Hellwig and front and rear Roadmaster? Anyone with input is appreciated!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand. Do you have a 2500? If so, you might have better luck in the hdrams.com site.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the 1500’s, the Hellwig rear sway bar is a great addition. Hellwig states on their website that there is no reason to replace the stock front sway bar.

suln

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand. Do you have a 2500? If so, you might have better luck in the hdrams.com site.
I have a 1500. On my signature it shows what i drive. But, I have seen posts and replies when discussing the rear sway bar options. And some me tion OEM 2500 bars for the rear of the 1500 bc they are beefier. And others say Hellwig or Roadmaster.

suln

Reaction score
For the 1500’s, the Hellwig rear sway bar is a great addition. Hellwig states on their website that there is no reason to replace the stock front sway bar.
Ok, cool, ive also read that front sway bars are beneficial for RWD trucks and cars, thats why I was thinking of doing both. I may try out the Hellwig and go from there. Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 1500. On my signature it shows what i drive. But, I have seen posts and replies when discussing the rear sway bar options. And some me tion OEM 2500 bars for the rear of the 1500 bc they are beefier. And others say Hellwig or Roadmaster.
Sorry, we can't see signatures on the mobile app.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, cool, ive also read that front sway bars are beneficial for RWD trucks and cars, thats why I was thinking of doing both. I may try out the Hellwig and go from there. Thanks
Your truck has front and rear sway bars from the factory. There isn't an aftermarket front sway bar option at this time. The rear Hellwig sway bar replacement is a very good upgrade.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a stock 2022 4x2 Hemi
I want to put front and rear sway bars on.
How do I go about purchasing the Roadmaster bar? Do i purchase a 2500 kit?
Also, im tryin to get a comparison of Front and rear kit from Hellwig and front and rear Roadmaster? Anyone with input is appreciated!
Hellwig rear sway bar is a great addition. I'm not sure there are any aftermarket front stabilizer bar options out there yet.

suln

Reaction score
Hellwig rear sway bar is a great addition. I'm not sure there are any aftermarket front stabilizer bar options out there yet.
What is the benefit/feeling after installing? What are your impressions?

suln

Reaction score
Your truck has front and rear sway bars from the factory. There isn't an aftermarket front sway bar option at this time. The rear Hellwig sway bar replacement is a very good upgrade.
I meant aftermarket sway bars, but what do you think about the Hellwig upgrade? Is it noticeable and worth it?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I meant aftermarket sway bars, but what do you think about the Hellwig upgrade? Is it noticeable and worth it?
Very noticeable and very good difference. Truck is a lot more firm and corners so much better. I went right to stiffest setting(closest hole) because I wanted the max benefit. Most people use the center hole.

suln

Reaction score
Very noticeable and very good difference. Truck is a lot more firm and corners so much better. I went right to stiffest setting(closest hole) because I wanted the max benefit. Most people use the center hole.
Hmm ok nice. Is the ride quality affected? Like over bumps and dips? Is the “firmness” only wen turning and steering adjustments?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm ok nice. Is the ride quality affected? Like over bumps and dips? Is the “firmness” only wen turning and steering adjustments?
Mostly just when turning. Ride quality is better overall because it doesn't feel like it floats as much.

suln

Reaction score
Mostly just when turning. Ride quality is better overall because it doesn't feel like it floats as much.
Nice ok, i hust dont want a “stiff” riding experience, i just want better turn in and less roll so it sounds like i will like what it is going to do

suln

Reaction score
Sure, a little stiffer. If you like the plush ride then I suggest leaving the truck stock.
No thanks, im not ONLY after the plushest ride. I am just trying to get your opinion VERSES stock ride. I want to mod the truck and i understand that non oem parts change the the stock feel.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No thanks, im not ONLY after the plushest ride. I am just trying to get your opinion VERSES stock ride. I want to mod the truck and i understand that non oem parts change the the stock feel.
Gotcha, here's a link to 18 pages of opinions on the Hellwig.

Users who are viewing this thread