5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freedom Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm certainly not trying to say or imply that some restrictions aren't helpful. Years ago the Cuyahoga River caught fire due to the high volume of commercial waste dumped into it. EPA regulations were put in place and you can actually eat the fish coming out of the river now, so it has come a long way.
Regulation good, over-regulation bad.

However, restricting capacity isn't the same thing as a speed limit, or EPA regulation. Those were put into place to regulate law abiding citizens. Those who will follow the law/regulation. Limiting magazine capacity to 10 rounds will have the same effect. The law abiding citizens will carry 10 rounds or less, but is that really the concern or intent of the proposal? I doubt it. The the intent of a 10 round limit (as I understand it) is to prevent mass shootings and/or limit the effectiveness of a mass shooter. Is that accurate? Maybe I'm interpreting the intent wrong.
The problem is that a capacity limit isn't going to stop someone who isn't adhering to the law from carrying more than 10 rounds. Just like drug laws don't stop an addict from shooting up heroin, or a shady company from dumping waste into a stream somewhere. If everyone followed the law/restrictions the proposal would work. The problem is that they don't.
A 10 round limit isn't about John Q. Citizen having a bunch of unused rounds in his magazine, it's about limiting usable rounds for an active shooter. Again, that's assuming I'm understanding the intent behind the limit.

LOL yes it is isn't it.
-... ..- - .. ... - .. .-.. .-.. .-.. .. -.- . - --- ..- ... . - .... . --

I think you understand the point.......way to go.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not true....I just don't agree with you......that is difficult for you to deal with.
It is true.

Disagreement is fine, but you've repeatedly wailed for everyone else to show data while refusing to do so yourself.

Also, your timid insults that we should all just read something are pathetic and hypocritical.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is true.

Disagreement is fine, but you've repeatedly wailed for everyone else to show data while refusing to do so yourself.

Also, your timid insults that we should all just read something are pathetic and hypocritical.
And when he is shown data, he just dismisses it. Yet his links to left leaning websites are the gold standard by which he bases his arguments

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like Portland is on their way to beating their homicide record from last year. Mostly black on black murders. I wonder why this isn’t in the news. They have really strict gun control laws too.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Portland is on their way to beating their homicide record from last year. Mostly black on black murders. I wonder why this isn’t in the news. They have really strict gun control laws too.
Because reporting that is not interesting for media outlets in regards to drawing an audience. Opinion- it also doesn’t create a further division between Americans, so it’s not as publicized.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Because reporting that is not interesting for media outlets in regards to drawing an audience. Opinion- it also doesn’t create a further division between Americans, so it’s not as publicized.
Agreed. It doesn't fit the narrative that they are spinning.

It's also weird that Hunter's laptop was "Russian disinformation" in 2020, but now the drive by media is saying it needs to be investigated. Big tech censored the cr@p out of it before the election.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. It doesn't fit the narrative that they are spinning.

It's also weird that Hunter's laptop was "Russian disinformation" in 2020, but now the drive by media is saying it needs to be investigated. Big tech censored the cr@p out of it before the election.
And the Steele Dossier was damaging info against Trump that came out of no where, and now it's been proven to be disinformation paid for by Clinton campaign(who is now paying a fine over it to avoid further investigation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread