5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freedom Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s my point about motor vehicles. There are bad drivers, and bad gun owners. A person who shows severe mental health issues which could compromise other peoples safety should operate neither. Either way, not the gun or the car. Taking them away from law abiding citizens will not help either case.
Exactly. "Gun control" doesn't solve the problem. Treating the underlying problem is what needs done.

Exactly. "Gun control" doesn't solve the problem. Treating the underlying problem is what needs done.
I know! It's a long shot but it just might work. We make up a law. This law would make murder illegal.

There you go. Problem solved. You can send me my invitation to the commendation ceremony any time.

I feel like I just read a transcript of my daughter arguing for a later curfew. She lost early but kept arguing, eventually she would say,
"But, what if"
"No"
"OK, how ab'.."
"No"
Then she finished up with "oh yeah, well, you sound like Fox news" and pouted for a few days :LOL:

Never said you were, but when presented with facts you dismiss them because they dont support your opinion, so must mean you like the alternative.

Don't most folks dismiss misleading facts?

I'm not comparing John Q. to a surgeon. I agree that the majority of the public don't wear masks properly. The surgeon (and other medical personnel) have been trained on the proper application, fit and removal of a mask. The public was simply told to wear it "properly" and they were expected to figure it out on their own, so you see a lot of people wearing them improperly.

My comparison to a surgeon only serves to provide and example that they CAN be worn without messing with it while moving/talking. Worn that way (properly), they are better than not wearing one at all. A direct contradiction to your assertion that they can't be worn while moving/talking and subsequently more dangerous than not wearing one at all.

I did not say, or imply that it applies to everyone in the country. The mask must be worn properly. If so, it IS better than not wearing one at all.
Ergo, I wear a mask because it's better than nothing.

Exactly. Guns are a dangerous tool, just like automobiles are a dangerous tool.
36,096 people died in crashes in 2019 and 38,680 died in 2020. ← Per NHTSA
To compare apples to apples and use the same source lets look at CDC stats.
On average approximately 37,000 people are killed and over 2,000,000 (2 million) are injured by automobiles.
By comparison, approximately 38,000 people are killed and approximately 28,000 are injured by guns.

So yes, a lot of people are killed and injured by guns every year, that is undeniable. Even though the death rate compared to automobiles is roughly 2.7% higher, the injury rate by an automobile is 710% higher. So statistically speaking, your odd of being killed by gunfire are similar to dying by an automobile. However you are far more likely to be injured by an automobile than by a gun, which makes it a much more dangerous tool.
If we need to increase regulations on guns, we probably need to increase regulations on automobiles too.

Just think how many more people would die each year in car accidents without all the restrictions placed on manufacturers and applicable enforced laws......thanks for making my point.

Look at you, pretending firearms are unregulated.

Never said that......as you know......but current laws are not adequately enforced and new regulations are needed for sure. The key is enforcement......but you know that as well.

Never said that......as you know......but current laws are not adequately enforced and new regulations are needed for sure. The key is enforcement......but you know that as well.
Maybe, but arbitrary magazine capacity restrictions aren't the answer. Pretending that regulation on vehicles justifies regulation on firearms isn't the answer either.

But you know that...

I'd just like you to admit this is more about making sure people can't buy guns you don't think they should have than about anyone's safety. That's what it's always about and you aren't clever or unique in hiding behind kids to push it.

Good morning. You slept for like 11 hours lol

I picture a few people on here waking up in the morning nursing a semi and some jergins in hopes that they will get off debating their steadfast opinions. Hopping one day they will “show you” that their opinion is best opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picture a few people on here waking up in the morning nursing a semi and some jergins in hopes that they will get off debating their steadfast opinions. Hopping one day they will “show you” that their opinion is best opinion.

I always just assumed they were like me and that this was more entertaining than whatever they were working on during the day.

Don't most folks dismiss misleading facts?
So like I said you prefer only alternative facts that suit your opinion. Any facts that disprove your opinion are labeled "misleading".

Just entertainment. Nothing to "get off" over.

So like I said you prefer only alternative facts that suit your opinion. Any facts that disprove your opinion are labeled "misleading".
That's the definition of "disinformation".

Hey all…I’m just curious how many pages would I need to go back in this thread to find the original topic. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back