5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum software updated

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We have just updated to the newest version of the forum software. If you guys come across any bugs please let me know, I already see a few I'll be taking care of like the smilies not showing up along with our social icons in the header.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
And with the software update comes our new style. There are a few tweaks I am still going to make but this also is user customizable to a point as well.

At the top right beside your username there is a light or moon icon, clicking on that allows you to choose between light or dark style. There is also another icon that looks like a slider with a circle, if you click on that it will present you with these user choosable options.

I have been testing this style for a bit and haven't come across any problems but of course let me know if you guys find any issues. Thanks!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much works for me.

When I hit the emoji (smiley face) nothing pops up on my smart phone (desktop site - Samsung Note 9)

Yeah thats one I'm working on right now. There also will be a lot more emojis. @YoAdrian will finally be getting his beer and cheers emojis he's been asking me for forever lol.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great, clean and crisp. I definitely appreciate the ability to switch to dark mode or light mode at will, especially on a mobile device with limited battery life (my normal preference is dark mode on most screens, but that's just me).

Thanks!

Cannonball

Reaction score
I'm surprised you are having ANY issues with it... New generations are always flawless (insert emoji star case number here)

Cannonball

Reaction score
If this generation has the same body and is just a bunch of new lights, leather, engine, tranny, tech, and awesomeness then I'm waiting for the next one.

Cannonball

Reaction score
"Reaction score" what the what? We can laugh at people now? Oh boy don't tell those Millennial's or this will go viral.

Cannonball

Reaction score
Critique #1: I think the font is a bit too small on just about everything here. There is a lot of info crammed into one screen for an app. I thought I was on the desktop version at one point.

Overall it's definitly a nice step up though. I like the translucent. moving header and footer menus!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks, thats fixed now.

Critique #1: I think the font is a bit too small on just about everything here. There is a lot of info crammed into one screen for an app. I thought I was on the desktop version at one point.

Overall it's definitly a nice step up though. I like the translucent. moving header and footer menus!

Upped all font sizes by 2px.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if it's me, but before the update, if I was reading the most recent post located at the bottom of the page, and I start to scroll up, the Alert, Mail, Customize, etc. buttons window would show up so and allow us to easily click on the Alert bell again to see what's new. Now, we have to scroll all the way up to the top of the page where the are fixed. On some threads that is over 10 scrolls. Can that "appearing window" be activated again or maybe show up on a hover in the upper right. I loved that feature. It was nice

Rancidlunchmeat

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain this is either an upgrade, or the worst possible thing ever that will result in WWIII.

Chris

Reaction score
With Sticky Sidebar (on Chrome at least), I am seeing the top of the sidebar stop at the top of the screen, which hides the bottom of the sidebar (when larger than screen height) until you reach the bottom of the page (at which point the page bottom pushes up the sidebar). This is exacerbated when the browser is zoomed at all.

Any way to make the Stick Sidebar cause the last (bottom) entry in the sidebar entity to stick to the bottom of the screen instead, since that is what contains the most relevant info (online members, online moderators, etc when can be selected quickly for sending messages)?

Users who are viewing this thread