5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum software updated

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And we lost the statistics page at the bottom

Todd

Reaction score
I'm enjoying the update, Jared B! Thanks to all those who have the "Information Technologist" skills for the software update.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed the "down arrow" is gone under the avatar that listed location and post stats.

I guess I figured it out. Click on the name under the avatar and get stats.

Now, what are reaction points?

Last edited:

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got home from work and hit Refresh...and WHOA! That looks different. Keep up the good work folks!

ETA: Just found the Dark mode....and that's much better on the eyes.

Last edited:

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Color and contrast is awful. I can't even see time/date stamps on posts unless I select them like to copy and paste which highlights them.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^ as said above try dark setting.

Jared thank you and team for hard work looks great !!

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Jared,
I like the new site format. I especially like the dark/light function. Like many members I find the dark gives better contrast so I will usually use the dark. It also has another useful function for me. I find I like to copy certain posts that solve a problem I am repairing or modifying. I find the light setting best for copy and paste into Word. Thus when I print the material it doesn't waste ink/toner for the background of the print out. It's fast and convenient. I like to keep a notebook in the shop with tips I may use.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few tweaks that need to be done including better color choices in the light setting for visibility. I'll try to get it all done tomorrow, if not Saturday it will all be taken care of. I appreciate everyone's input.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have made a few changes so far.

1) Replaced the gray text with black on the light theme for better readability.
2) Removed the header on mobile so it's less busy.
3) Added back the footer and will be finding a way to get the site stats back into the footer.
4) Post count and location will now appear under the members name in posts.
5) I was able to get the user menu, alerts etc to be sticky with the navigation bar but that removed the search box so I am leaving it as is until I can keep the search box and change it.

I will be working on getting the rest of the tweaks done as well. I talked to the theme developer and was told there is no way to change the behaviour of the sticky sidebar unfortunately.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just replaced all the header images with Ram related images. There are 6 choosable ones available in your customize panel.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
From the developers website:

Finally, you'll notice that the primary statistic listed on member list items, member tooltips and member statistics is no longer just a simple "like count" but instead we're now tracking an overall "Reaction score".

This metric is the total number of positive reactions minus the total number of negative reactions.

Basically it's an evolution of the "Like" system.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
It would be nice if the ALERTS were on the same line as the Home - Forums - What's New- etc.. This way you don't have to scroll to the top to click on it. It would stop at the top like the other. It would also be nice to have New Post added as well just like What's New.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice if the ALERTS were on the same line as the Home - Forums - What's New- etc.. This way you don't have to scroll to the top to click on it. It would stop at the top like the other. It would also be nice to have New Post added as well just like What's New.

Working on it as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread