5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those with 6 speaker base stereo who have upgraded-What speaker did you use?

Rebel 22

Reaction score
You can use an APH-C03 to bypass the ANC, but if you are looking to amplify all the speakers (not just the sub), I believe you will also need an AP4-CH41
I don’t have a sub, no plans to have one. I’m not sure if I should just get a 2 channel amp and amplify the the CDT’s and leave the rear two ways to fill the gaps or get a 4 channel and amplify all 4 doors. Not gonna touch the dash.

Rebel 22

Reaction score
I don’t have a sub, no plans to have one. I’m not sure if I should just get a 2 channel amp and amplify the the CDT’s and leave the rear two ways to fill the gaps or get a 4 channel and amplify all 4 doors. Not gonna touch the dash.
Can a 2 channel amp be used just to power the front door speakers. I’m confused by the dash and front doors being wired in parallel. Does that mean the front doors and the dash would both be powered because they are in parallel. I’d like to just hook an amp up the run CDT audio mid bass woofer driver, CL-69S. I don’t need any more power or volume coming out of the Faitals. Thank you.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Can a 2 channel amp be used just to power the front door speakers. I’m confused by the dash and front doors being wired in parallel. Does that mean the front doors and the dash would both be powered because they are in parallel. I’d like to just hook an amp up the run CDT audio mid bass woofer driver, CL-69S. I don’t need any more power or volume coming out of the Faitals. Thank you.
yes, re: parallel. In non-premium systems (as far as I know) the dash speakers are wired in parallel with the front doors. So, unless you run new wires for the dash (easy to do) you can’t amplify one and not the other

Rebel 22

Reaction score
yes, re: parallel. In non-premium systems (as far as I know) the dash speakers are wired in parallel with the front doors. So, unless you run new wires for the dash (easy to do) you can’t amplify one and not the other
So since the dash speakers are 8ohm and the front door speakers are 2 ohm what kind of amp should I be looking for to run these? Should I get a 2 channel and just power the front 4 or a 4 channel to run all 6. Like I said, no subs. I don’t want to blow my 8ohm Faitals which are 20 rams and 40 peak. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn about this. I have CDT CL-69S in front door and Infinity ref-9632ix in the rear. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Brunzca

Reaction score
So since the dash speakers are 8ohm and the front door speakers are 2 ohm what kind of amp should I be looking for to run these? Should I get a 2 channel and just power the front 4 or a 4 channel to run all 6. Like I said, no subs. I don’t want to blow my 8ohm Faitals which are 20 rams and 40 peak. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to learn about this. I have CDT CL-69S in front door and Infinity ref-9632ix in the rear. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
I’m not really familiar with how the base system is configured. But, most of your mids/highs/voices should be coming from the dash. so if you amplify the doors, but not the dash, without crossovers, the doors may drown out the faitals, and make the whole thing sound janky. When you shop amplifiers, look at the rms power ratings. Usually the power at 4ohms resistance is a little more than half of the power at 2ohms. So, you could get a 6 channel amp, at 75W per channel (2ohms) that would only push less than 40 watts to the 8ohm faitals. Start with something like that. if you aren’t happy with it, you can add crossovers, to control what frequencies go where.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Check out this thread.

Rebel 22

Reaction score
Check out this thread.

Thank you very much for all your help!!!!!

Gsx4

Reaction score
Hey all,
Quick question. I didn't see it answered here or in other threads, but is there any advantage to adding the ANC bypass harness to the base system if you have no intention of adding a subwoofer? I've changed the dash speakers with the supplied in-line crossover (as they call it) and those really cleaned up/improved the overall sound. I have no discernible drop off in sound, or sound quality, nor any kind of drone noise. Just wondering if the sound would be enhanced with the bypass harness added.

jmbennington

Reaction score
After many weeks of perusing all of these threads and trying to make any sense of what to do or which direction to go had me very confused and unsure. I took the most recommended set of speakers and installed them. The infinity reference 9633ix 6x9s in all 4 doors and infinity reference 3032cfx 3 and 1/2s in the dash. What a pain in the ***. But also very worth it. The truck sounds a thousand times better. Way more than I expected and I’m very satisfied with the difference. Highly, highly recommend.
1fcbb53fc41e947cdfca7732f1eaf9b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gsx4

Reaction score
After many weeks of perusing all of these threads and trying to make any sense of what to do or which direction to go had me very confused and unsure. I took the most recommended set of speakers and installed them. The infinity reference 9633ix 6x9s in all 4 doors and infinity reference 3032cfx 3 and 1/2s in the dash. What a pain in the ***. But also very worth it. The truck sounds a thousand times better. Way more than I expected and I’m very satisfied with the difference. Highly, highly recommend.
1fcbb53fc41e947cdfca7732f1eaf9b5.jpg

Hey jmbennington, did you notice any drop off in your bass with the Infinity 6x9's? My truck is the 2023 model that has the blue cone 6x9 speakers. They produce really good bass both front and rear. This is coming from a guy who has upgraded every single car audio system in vehicles I have owned (including my wife's) with subwoofers, amps, speakers, etc., so I have a fairly well-trained ear for clarity, definition and of course the punch from subwoofers. This one actually sounds very good with just changing the dash speakers. The stock 6x9's have the ability to vibrate the rearview mirror slightly at higher volumes, but you still can feel the bass at lower volumes. Just curious if the bass was better, worse or the same after changing out the 6x9's?

Last edited:

jmbennington

Reaction score
Hey jmbennington, did you notice any drop off in your bass with the Infinity 6x9's? My truck is the 2023 model that has the blue cone 6x9 speakers. They produce really good bass both front and rear. This is coming from a guy who has upgraded every single car audio system in vehicles I have owned (including my wife's) with subwoofers, amps, speakers, etc., so I have a fairly well-trained ear for clarity, definition and of course the punch from subwoofers. This one actually sounds very good with just changing the dash speakers. The stock 6x9's have the ability to vibrate the rearview mirror slightly at higher volumes, but you still can feel the bass at lower volumes. Just curious if the bass was better, worse or the same after changing out the 6x9's?

The stock speakers I had were trash. There was hardly any bass. And it was horribly distorted if there was.
The infinity’s definitely deliver more bass.
My 2020 ram had a loudness button and those speakers sounded ok. This one (2022) does not. I’m unsure the difference other than that but it was enough to make me change the speakers. I couldn’t stand it. I hope that answers your question.

Gsx4

Reaction score
The stock speakers I had were trash. There was hardly any bass. And it was horribly distorted if there was.
The infinity’s definitely deliver more bass.
My 2020 ram had a loudness button and those speakers sounded ok. This one (2022) does not. I’m unsure the difference other than that but it was enough to make me change the speakers. I couldn’t stand it. I hope that answers your question.

My system does have the loudness button. It helps. I'm glad to see the speaker change benefitted your system. Your answer gives me something to go on. Thank you for your reply.

jmbennington

Reaction score
My system does have the loudness button. It helps. I'm glad to see the speaker change benefitted your system. Your answer gives me something to go on. Thank you for your reply.

No worries. It was kinda hard to filter through all the posts and figure out what applied to me and what didn’t do I just went with the simplest solution first. Good luck.

Manny1110

Reaction score
No worries. It was kinda hard to filter through all the posts and figure out what applied to me and what didn’t do I just went with the simplest solution first. Good luck.

Did you use any sound deadening on the doors? If you did it do you wish you would have? Any noticiable rattles that you noticed resulting from the upgraded speakers?

Thanks for you le help.

jmbennington

Reaction score
Did you use any sound deadening on the doors? If you did it do you wish you would have? Any noticiable rattles that you noticed resulting from the upgraded speakers?

Thanks for you le help.

I didn’t. Probably should have.

Manny1110

Reaction score
I didn’t. Probably should have.

Awesome thanks. Going to get the same 6x9 on order to replace all 4 doors and add some sound deadening.

I’m already running the faitalpro 3.5s on the dash and will leave those in for bow.

Thanks again for the help!

jmbennington

Reaction score
Awesome thanks. Going to get the same 6x9 on order to replace all 4 doors and add some sound deadening.

I’m already running the faitalpro 3.5s on the dash and will leave those in for bow.

Thanks again for the help!

I know it’s only been a few days but How did it end up going?

Manny1110

Reaction score
Hey it went great! I added some sound deadening around where the speakers mount and on the door areas behind the speaker.

I am more than happy with how it sounds now. I only had the base 6 and it sounds so much better. Better punchier bass, crisp highs and I can turn it up and get next to no distortion. Highly recommend the ref-633ix to anyone wanting to upgrade the 6x9s.

Getting the first door panel took me a bit of time, but the other 3 went way quicker.

jmbennington

Reaction score
Hey it went great! I added some sound deadening around where the speakers mount and on the door areas behind the speaker.

I am more than happy with how it sounds now. I only had the base 6 and it sounds so much better. Better punchier bass, crisp highs and I can turn it up and get next to no distortion. Highly recommend the ref-633ix to anyone wanting to upgrade the 6x9s.

Getting the first door panel took me a bit of time, but the other 3 went way quicker.

I had the same issue with the door.
I’m glad they worked for you. I too would recommend them to anyone wanting to upgrade. It’s relatively easy and a significant upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread