5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor lighting to ambient lighting?

Daverous

Reaction score
Reminds me, what pins did you guys use to add the under seat lighting? Tried some dupont I had but they didn't work for either side.

Speaking specifically about yellow under seat harness and under seat led pictured. Bought all the parts but struck out yesterday when I realized I didn't have the right pins.

Last edited:

Amerinamese

Reaction score
So, my foot well lights are always on. Are they not supposed to be? I don't know how to turn them off.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

AnvilBTS

Reaction score
My footwell lights are always on as well. They do dim with the dash lights and the overhead console lights. I cannot turn them completely off which I would like to. I only have one dial next to the headlight switch not 2. Any suggestions other than removing the footwell lights?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the dual switches in my Limited and I can completely turn off the ambient lighting (footwell, dash and door panel) lighting.

daze513

Reaction score
Any chance anyone can tell me the full parts list for adding only the rear footwell lighting that goes to the white tab with the 2 holes mentioned earlier?

Tried to follow along on the thread and got lost.

2020 Big horn level 2 with 1 Dimmer wheel, and front footwell and overhead LED lightning.

Rick Rebel

Reaction score
--- in your pic, if you notice the large yellow plug... the new light assembly will be wired to that... I can give you the pin outs to each side once you get the parts.. You will only need to re-pin two cavities but three will be used... the common ground will be re-used...

-=FM45=-
Hi FM45:

waiting on your response, as I have a 21 Rebel with the led footwells in the front, and adding LEDs to the back (under the front seats). I have the OEM rear LED lights and connectors? how do I tie into the "yellow" connector under the seat so they work exactly like the fronts? Thanks in advance!

FM45

Reaction score
@ Rick--
Parts needed--

@ Under Rear Seats
OEM 68367033AA qty2 Lamp Foot well Rear LED
Mouser 571-1456983-1 qty 2 Connector
Mouser 571-1670144-1 qty6 1.2 Terminal

@ Yellow Plug
Mouser 538-33000-0003 qty4 Male Term.
Mouser 538-33012-2002 qty4 Female Term.

Use this site --
look for--
Lamp Footwell Left Rear
Lamp Footwell Right Rear
XY410A x2 (yellow plug Left)
XY420A x2 (yellow plug Right)

Run two 22 gauge wires from exiting led front foot well, one from the interior and one from the ambient side... they will go to the yellow plugs under each seat and wire them per pics on the connection site... when wiring the leds under the seat, you will be using three wires but only pinning two, the third will be tied into the exiting ground in the yellow plug(s)---

If needed I can try to dig up some pics---

-=FM45=-

Rick Rebel

Reaction score
@ Rick--
Parts needed--

@ Under Rear Seats
OEM 68367033AA qty2 Lamp Foot well Rear LED
Mouser 571-1456983-1 qty 2 Connector
Mouser 571-1670144-1 qty6 1.2 Terminal

@ Yellow Plug
Mouser 538-33000-0003 qty4 Male Term.
Mouser 538-33012-2002 qty4 Female Term.

Use this site --
look for--
Lamp Footwell Left Rear
Lamp Footwell Right Rear
XY410A x2 (yellow plug Left)
XY420A x2 (yellow plug Right)

Run two 22 gauge wires from exiting led front foot well, one from the interior and one from the ambient side... they will go to the yellow plugs under each seat and wire them per pics on the connection site... when wiring the leds under the seat, you will be using three wires but only pinning two, the third will be tied into the exiting ground in the yellow plug(s)---

If needed I can try to dig up some pics---

-=FM45=-

Thanks! great info....note I'm not electronically savey, but I can follow instructions well :). So i'm a bit lost. I have the OEM rear lights and plugs (three wires already attached to them, yelloe, wt/grn and black)

Rick Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks! great info....note I'm not electronically savey, but I can follow instructions well :). So i'm a bit lost. I have the OEM rear lights and plugs (three wires already attached to them, yelloe, wt/grn and black)
sorry....hit the key too fast....anyway, are you stating that I need to run the wires from the front footwells ( under the dash, on both sides?) to the corresponding front buckets ( yellow plugs, left and right), then run the wires from the new leds to the yellow plugs? trying to follow along....Pics would be nice! thanks for your patience.....

FM45

Reaction score
Now I'm at a loss--- you already have everything in place --- did you add them or were they already in place from factory..
If they are already there they should work as is... yellow is interior, wht/grn is ambient, and black is ground... Are the yellow plugs populated with the corresponding wires .... PM me and we can get into more details....

-=FM45=-

Rick Rebel

Reaction score
Now I'm at a loss--- you already have everything in place --- did you add them or were they already in place from factory..
If they are already there they should work as is... yellow is interior, wht/grn is ambient, and black is ground... Are the yellow plugs populated with the corresponding wires .... PM me and we can get into more details....

-=FM45=-
Sorry, no I got the lights/with connectors, I haven’t installed them yet, I see the white plastic pieces the hook up to unfortunately I don’t have the clips (and you can’t buy the separately according to the dealer), I was originally thinking I just need to run the wires from the new lights (under the seats) and tap them into the front lights (under the steering column and passenger glove box), and boom I’m done! Then I read this thread...and threw me for a loop (thinking this way is cleaner and less fishing of the wires) I also had a peek under the seat and I do see the yellow plugs, I don’t know if the yellow plugs have the required wires already there, I’ll have a look tomorrow, I know manufactures sometimes have everything already there, just not activated. Again thanks for all your help👍

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had to take my doors off.so while i was at it,i decided to add some little "LED"lite strips.worked for me.i know it looks like "Hell"its why i had the wires with different colors.i made a note. which color for which :LOL:..but it worked👍

Attachments

• 100_1817.JPG
    100_1817.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1812.JPG
    100_1812.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_1819.JPG
    100_1819.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210418_213222.jpg
    20210418_213222.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 66

Rick Rebel

Reaction score
i had to take my doors off.so while i was at it,i decided to add some little "LED"lite strips.worked for me.i know it looks like "Hell"its why i had the wires with different colors.i made a note. which color for which :LOL:..but it worked👍
Nice (y), wanna get there eventually, but right now I want to get the under seat ambient lights working first!

FM45

Reaction score
Rick-- Posted is the yellow plug being refereed to... this is the one from pass seat - drivers has the same ... XY410 and XY420 - locate them and check what wires are present or not ... as far as the leds you have in had, check the part numbers against the numbers that are posted - the posted ones have the mounting clips already present...

yellow plug.jpg

-=FM45=-

Rick Rebel

Reaction score
Rick-- Posted is the yellow plug being refereed to... this is the one from pass seat - drivers has the same ... XY410 and XY420 - locate them and check what wires are present or not ... as far as the leds you have in had, check the part numbers against the numbers that are posted - the posted ones have the mounting clips already present...

View attachment 92457

-=FM45=-
Cool, I just checked the passenger side (looking from the front) and the ambient and curtesy wires are there, so used some pig tails to jam them into the pins, and bingo the curtesy light came on!, now how do I tie into those pins if the wires are there? and I'm assume the drivers side would be the same? not much wiggle room with all those wires....very tight.

FM45

Reaction score
--- that is a two piece plug.. slide the two sides apart and see what side is missing--you'll either need the male or female ends... re-pin your wires and you should be up and running

-=FM45=-

Rick Rebel

Reaction score
--- that is a two piece plug.. slide the two sides apart and see what side is missing--you'll either need the male or female ends... re-pin your wires and you should be up and running

-=FM45=-
Thanks for all your help! should be smooth sailing from here, plan to install over the weekend.

Atp816

Reaction score
Sorry for delay... some basic wiring knowledge is required for this mod. The old light assembly and connector must be removed and replaced with the new assembly and connector. Use the reference url posted for connector pin-outs, look at lamp footwell lighting basic/premium --- the basic is a 2 pin connector where the premium is a 4 pin: An extra wire must be added for the ambient side of light assembly to operate. I added the front and rear led/ambient lighting and they work as advertised. When time permits I will do a write-up....

oem
68312665AA x2 front led
68367033AA x2 rear/drivers and pass seat

connector
Mouser # 571-1456983-3

**Mopar Connection Repair
for reference -- http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

View attachment 67176

-=FM45=-
If I’m adding new ambient light assemblies and connectors to the front driver’s and passenger’s side footwell, am I understanding the thread correctly in that I need to run an additional wire to the C6 connector for the ambient signal? If so, did you tap directly into wire 7 or make the connection by another method?

also wondering if there’s a preferable way to split the feed in order to route the signal to both sides of the vehicle?

I’m installing this on a truck already equipped with the ambient dimmer and roof console led functioning.

Big3MG

Reaction score
Anyone know what specific settings in the BCM would need to be changed using alphaOBD to enable dimming of the footwell lights if a double dimming switch was added (I have the footwell and console convenience lights but just can’t dim them - 2020 Rebel 12)?

Users who are viewing this thread