5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know some of you have a 256gb card, I do too but I am getting glitches even after formatting.
I had someone almost pull out in front of me as he was not looking, he did stop half way out into the street, horns were exchanged and we both went on our merry way.
When I went to review it, the video was not there, at all. I also had a 3 second video.
So I want to go back to the 128gb card and was wondering what everyone was using as to the grade of card.
I see Pro Endurance and then just Endurance, class 10 , etc.
So what are you all using besides 256gb?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I know some of you have a 256gb card, I do too but I am getting glitches even after formatting.
I had someone almost pull out in front of me as he was not looking, he did stop half way out into the street, horns were exchanged and we both went on our merry way.
When I went to review it, the video was not there, at all. I also had a 3 second video.
So I want to go back to the 128gb card and was wondering what everyone was using as to the grade of card.

I still have the stock card in the camera. it keeps about 20 days of front and back videos, which if anything is going to happen, I believe is enough.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still have the stock card in the camera. it keeps about 20 days of front and back videos, which if anything is going to happen, I believe is enough.

Yeah, I can't find the card that came with it, did one come with it? I forgot, but I had a 256gb that I had bought for my Vivo and used that for the past 9 months.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

The class is only speed. Everything you see labeled as pro and endurance etc is marketing bs.
Look up the card on the manufacturer's site for maximum data written. If you can't find that info get another card. Keep in mind the same card of different capacity are Not the same quality, even in regular usb drives. Typically the high storage ones are higher speed not just in storage (but not always)

What card were you using?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No issues with the 256gb card in mine. Hardest part I have is figuring out which video I want out of the hundreds in the card.

As for your 3 second clip, it was probably because it started a new loop right before you shut the truck off

monkin

Reaction score
I can't get it to work with apple carplay or bluetooth on..any suggestions?

2022 Ram Bighorn

monkin

Reaction score
Nevermind..it only connects to the app if CarPlay off..but still records when app not running

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nevermind..it only connects to the app if CarPlay off..but still records when app not running

Bingo lol you got it. No need to ever have both connected at the same time. If you have to check footage disconnect from CarPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get it to work with apple carplay or bluetooth on..any suggestions?

2022 Ram Bighorn
Because Carplay uses the wifi, which you need to connect to the camera.

campnowhere

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the FITCAMX fitting loosely to the mount? I have a 2019 Ram 1500 and I was wiping my windshield today and brushed against the FITCAMX and it fell down. When trying to snap it into place it seemed to stay in place but if I brush against it even slightly it will come loose again.

I recall when I installed it that it did not appear to snap in firmly to begin with but it stayed in place and when I went over bumps it did not dislodge so I didn’t think anything of it.

Last edited:

Davidbt

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the FITCAMX fitting loosely to the mount? I have a 2019 Ram 1055 and I was wiping my windshield today and brushed against the FITCAMX and it fell down. When trying to snap it into place it seemed to stay in place but if I brush against it even slightly it will come loose again.

I recall when I installed it that it did not appear to snap in firmly to begin with but it stayed in place and when I went over humanity did not dislodge so I didn’t think anything of it.
I had issues with mine at first being loose and staying clipped on tight. I found that the housing kinda clips together and it had kinda come apart. I hope this helps.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine didn’t fit tightly when I had some of the extra wiring tucked in badly. Once I stuffed it in a way that didn’t interfere with the housing, it was fine.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a co-worker that wants to get the Fitx, he has a 2019 ford F150 Lariat and I looked at the mirror and look at Fitx website and there is nothing showing like he has. His has no elec. connections to the back of the mirror as shown in the website. It's just a plane rearview mirror sitting all by itself, no fancy plastic housing, real old school.
It does have a overhead console about 2-3 inches away from it with lights and the such.
Anyone know anybody with this setup?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a co-worker that wants to get the Fitx, he has a 2019 ford F150 Lariat and I looked at the mirror and look at Fitx website and there is nothing showing like he has. His has no elec. connections to the back of the mirror as shown in the website. It's just a plane rearview mirror sitting all by itself, no fancy plastic housing, real old school.
It does have a overhead console about 2-3 inches away from it with lights and the such.
picture would help

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
maybe the F150 forum?

Statick

Reaction score
After my wife got into an accident and the person-at-fault's insurance told us that pictures were not enough proof to prove guilt, they just showed that there is damage, we bought a camera for her Jeep and one for my G/T. I hooked up the front cameras, and was going to wait until warmer weather to do the back but I am not a fan of how the rear camera looks.

I was going to start a new thread for this, but seems that there is some interest here-

I ended up getting an AlphaOBD (and all that equipment for the TTPMS & TBC mods) and I saw a thread about installing a cargo camera. That made me think about if the 8-pin harness from the fitcam. If it can be mapped, could it work with the camera in the cargo light (from another thread on here), and I can have a cargo camera to watch my trailer at the optimal angle on the 12" and have a recorded back camera that looks oem? I might just drive in reverse everywhere.

I found a post on a Toyota Rav4 forum that shows the pins from the manufacture- Props to that OP.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 21-22-46 FitcamX pinouts.png

I picked up an 8-pin extension to sacrifice/ use for connecting to the camera to the 8-pin, which will let me map the wire color to the pin using a voltmeter. Since the fitcam camera has a microphone (maybe not the back camera, but still uses the same 8-pin harness), it is a guess between RX and SL for video signal. I'm thinking R is for record or something and S could be for sound. I take it that N is for neutral, P for positive.

That's where my knowledge of this topic ends for now. I do like the scientific method of finding out, but it risks bricking the brain and I'm not rich enough for that. Is there another test that could be done outside of the unit that can show us which pin to use? Maybe if enough of us ask one of these youtubers to sacrifice a unit for science, we can have an answer and another mod we can do.

original post for pinouts on Rav4
cargo cam mod thread

Last edited:

iTGbuDeeV

Reaction score
Quick question for fitcam users.

If you press the camera button to lock the video on the card, does it also force stop the recording at that point and save it, or only mark it to be saved when the 1 minute loop is over?

I ask because I was rear-ended yesterday (minor but still damage) and when I went to go pull my footage just in case, the file of the incident was corrupted because I immediately put the truck in park and shut it off.

Now i know that I need to leave it running for at least a minute after a small incident but I'm more curious for larger incidents when shutting the truck off may be an urgent need, then losing the video of the accident.

Users who are viewing this thread