5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

smashweights

Reaction score
Whats the blue USB device that's included? Does it come with a microsd card reader? Anyone know how many GB per hour recording are used on the microsd?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230310-184213.png
    Screenshot_20230310-184213.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 54

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So it does come with a micro USB card reader?
Not a reader, it comes with an USB adapter. You plug the micro SD card into the adapter, then plug the adapter into your computer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not a reader, it comes with an USB adapter. You plug the micro SD card into the adapter, then plug the adapter into your computer.
Yeah, a micro SD USB reader/adapter.

smashweights

Reaction score
Yes. Rolls over
I have set to 1 minute no sound
151M per minute.
So about 10GB/Hr. Do probably get about 10-12 hours from a 128gb card.
I think we're saying the same thing. Just wanted to be sure I didn't need to buy a microsd reader separately to pull the data to PC

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So about 10GB/Hr. Do probably get about 10-12 hours from a 128gb card.

I think we're saying the same thing. Just wanted to be sure I didn't need to buy a microsd reader separately to pull the data to PC

The 64 that came with has 394 files on it. A few are shorter than a minute as it would cut out when being turned off or shortly after.
That sorta works out to around 6.5 hours.

Shows as 57.9 gigs in total
216MB free. I suspect this never really fills up and keeps some space to work with

I have a 256 in now. 512 should get here shortly.

smashweights

Reaction score
The 64 that came with has 394 files on it. A few are shorter than a minute as it would cut out when being turned off or shortly after.
That sorta works out to around 6.5 hours.

Shows as 57.9 gigs in total
216MB free. I suspect this never really fills up and keeps some space to work with

I have a 256 in now. 512 should get here shortly.
Thanks for the info! Why do you feel like you need that much recording though?

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like someone mentioned earlier, if you don't catch an event right when it happens it could get saved over. Just more buffer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing to consider. The more you re-write to the card the shorter it's lifespan is. If you have a smaller capacity storage card and are constantly overwriting old files every day or two you won't get as long of life of the ced as if you had more storage and it takes a week to start over writing older files.

Also, you should be removing the storage card every month or two a d doing a complete format.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I doubt I need 512. Doing it out of curiosity.

I was away last weekend. On Saturday captured a wipeout on highway but didn’t get to it right away.
Next day we drove home. 8 hours. When I got home, that footage was gone. 64 isn’t enough for a long drive and still hope to get something when done.
128 is probably a decent start.
This is for 4K with this camera.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Another thing to consider. The more you re-write to the card the shorter it's lifespan is. If you have a smaller capacity storage card and are constantly overwriting old files every day or two you won't get as long of life of the ced as if you had more storage and it takes a week to start over writing older files.

Also, you should be removing the storage card every month or two a d doing a complete format.
I can buy 128gig cards for $10. I wouldn't worry about lifespan.

n7qpp

Reaction score
Well I just purchased a Blackvue 750 with rear and mount have not installed yet. You are all are making me rethink my purchase!!

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Well I just purchased a Blackvue 750 with rear and mount have not installed yet. You are all are making me rethink my purchase!!
I know how you feel. I just replaces my Rove4K with the FitcamX and couldn't be happier. I LOVE the clean look and no wiring or camera hanging off the window. I don't have to worry about the camera falling off the window (especially during the Arizona summers), or having to re-aim the camera. Only thing I need now is the hardwire kit so I can have parking mode on.

n7qpp

Reaction score
So this morning I mounted the 750 with the BlendMount in the truck to test out the look and feel. Well its okay looking however when the wife saw the two leds that were on. She was not pleased. May just have to bite the bullet and sell the 750 and mount on the bay.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So this morning I mounted the 750 with the BlendMount in the truck to test out the look and feel. Well its okay looking however when the wife saw the two leds that were on. She was not pleased. May just have to bite the bullet and sell the 750 and mount on the bay.
So she doesn't want visual indication that the camera is working and recording? Is this her truck that she is primary driver of?

Users who are viewing this thread