5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Jupiterak

Reaction score
I'm sorry but this company is not very professional. I ordered my Type A camera on the 27th. I was charged $50 for DHL Express Shipping to have it delivered to my house. The package arrived today BUT the shipper screwed up and had it shipped and put on HOLD for pickup at the DHL hub. I have text messages from them and DHL tracking stating this. I email the company and Tina tells me the post office screwed up and not their problem. So now I gotta drive 45 miles one way which is an hour of my time just to pick it up. Seriously thinking declining the package and just wait until its on Amazon, so there's not hassle. Sorry for the rant, I'm pissed.

campnowhere

Reaction score
How should the sd card be formatted for use with the fitcamx? Mine should be arriving tomorrow and I purchased the 512GB card and want to make sure it’s formatted correctly so I do not have any issues.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How should the sd card be formatted for use with the fitcamx? Mine should be arriving tomorrow and I purchased the 512GB card and want to make sure it’s formatted correctly so I do not have any issues.
Put it in camera and format it.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
The tracking for mine finally shows its here in the states lol. Hopefully I'll be getting it in a few more days. I already have the 512gb card waiting.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this company is not very professional. I ordered my Type A camera on the 27th. I was charged $50 for DHL Express Shipping to have it delivered to my house. The package arrived today BUT the shipper screwed up and had it shipped and put on HOLD for pickup at the DHL hub. I have text messages from them and DHL tracking stating this. I email the company and Tina tells me the post office screwed up and not their problem. So now I gotta drive 45 miles one way which is an hour of my time just to pick it up. Seriously thinking declining the package and just wait until its on Amazon, so there's not hassle. Sorry for the rant, I'm pissed.
Other than being on the literal slow boat from China I have no complaints with the company. They've always been very responsive to my inquiry emails and the purchase confirmation emails. I should be getting mine this week. If you're having problems with the shipper I wouldn't think it's the company's fault. Maybe something got lost in translation. I ordered mine directly from the fitcamx website and I don't recall having a choice of who ships the item to me but my shipping was free. How did you arrange the $50 shipping through dhl?

Jupiterak

Reaction score
I ordered through fitcamx website. There was no shipping options, just $50 since I live in AK

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Other than being on the literal slow boat from China I have no complaints with the company. They've always been very responsive to my inquiry emails and the purchase confirmation emails. I should be getting mine this week. If you're having problems with the shipper I wouldn't think it's the company's fault. Maybe something got lost in translation. I ordered mine directly from the fitcamx website and I don't recall having a choice of who ships the item to me but my shipping was free. How did you arrange the $50 shipping through dhl?
Mine is showing it's in Omaha. Meanjng it should be here today possibly.

Shipping through USPS. There was no spexial shipping charges or instructions. wonder if being in Alaska makes a difference, but would think USPS should still have been preferred shipper. Wonder if he selected an option for faster shipping?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Mine is showing it's in Omaha. Meanjng it should be here today possibly.

Shipping through USPS. There was no spexial shipping charges or instructions. wonder if being in Alaska makes a difference, but would think USPS should still have been preferred shipper. Wonder if he selected an option for faster shipping?
Yeah once in the states it was picked up by usps. My tracking shows it should be delivered on Monday

campnowhere

Reaction score
Just got mine today, this is everything that came in the box:

Attachments

• IMG_6590.jpeg
    IMG_6590.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 54

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe there has been some posted from the model b camera already. I can't imagine it being any better or worse just because of the mounting style

Yes, there have been a few, just looking for more footage....night, raining, cloudy, etc. I'm going to wait for my new truck to come in before I buy one, so I've got some time.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So my tracking just went from in transit to delivered(yesterday). It as in transit 1/2 hour ago, not it shows it was delivered yesterday. Will have to check mailbox when I get home.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yes, there have been a few, just looking for more footage....night, raining, cloudy, etc. I'm going to wait for my new truck to come in before I buy one, so I've got some time.
Ok, Mine should be delivered sometime on Monday according to tracking so I should be able to get a few different scenarios by next weekend

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
So my tracking just went from in transit to delivered(yesterday). It as in transit 1/2 hour ago, not it shows it was delivered yesterday. Will have to check mailbox when I get home.
It's been my experience that usps tracking is the worst out of all of them. Mine says delivery sometime Monday but we'll see lol

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Having taken the mirror trim off before it wasn't too horrible. Here is camera installed.

Attachments

• PXL_20230611_015035834.jpg
    PXL_20230611_015035834.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 38
  • PXL_20230611_015111229.jpg
    PXL_20230611_015111229.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread