5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

UnclJim

Reaction score
I ordered model b 4k Front and rear. perhaps model choice plays into their inventory

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just got notification of it being in transit now

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did anybody mount the rear camera on their review mirror like the video that was posted? If so, I;m wondering if they like it that way.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did anybody mount the rear camera on their review mirror like the video that was posted? If so, I;m wondering if they like it that way.
I would say only reason to mount it there is if you wanted to keep an eye on your rear seat passengers. Otherwise it would severely limit the FOV behind you.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I would imagine there won't be much of an outside view of things going on behind you if it's mounted there. Because of the 2 rear large head rests sight is already limited. You'd probably get a great view of the cab though

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would imagine there won't be much of an outside view of things going on behind you if it's mounted there. Because of the 2 rear large head rests sight is already limited. You'd probably get a great view of the cab though
You know those headrests fold down, right?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I

Gee thanks captain obvious lol. Still think it's only gonna be a video of your in cab experience and minimal exterior view
Yeah, I already mentioned that.

UnclJim

Reaction score
just checked

Expected Delivery on​

TUESDAY6 June2023between
9:45am and 1:45pm

Your item is out for delivery on June 6, 2023 at 8:20 am in BELLMORE, NY 11710.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've read through just about all 18 pages. Has a definitive wiring route been determined so that FM radio is not affected? It seems most (not all) are reporting some FM issues.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
just checked

Expected Delivery on​

TUESDAY6 June2023between​

9:45am and 1:45pm

Your item is out for delivery on June 6, 2023 at 8:20 am in BELLMORE, NY 11710.

How the hell did that happen so quickly? I ordered mine on the 26th of May and tracking saying it's still in china. I'm in CT lol. Where did you order it from. Their website or Amazon?

Reaction score
Just a heads up for you all when you go to install. If you watch the video, it looks sooo easy as far as getting the old cover off. It is a bear and you need strong fingers. If only all parts on this truck were put together so well. Prying tool included is not a real help for the most part. Patience is a real virtue for this. But after you get it off, rest of install is 5 minutes more work.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How the hell did that happen so quickly? I ordered mine on the 26th of May and tracking saying it's still in china. I'm in CT lol. Where did you order it from. Their website or Amazon?
It's like the guys that ordered in September getting their trucks after ones who ordered in January.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It's like the guys that ordered in September getting their trucks after ones who ordered in January.
I get it. It's coming from china so I'm not expecting it overnight or anything lol

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Just a heads up for you all when you go to install. If you watch the video, it looks sooo easy as far as getting the old cover off. It is a bear and you need strong fingers. If only all parts on this truck were put together so well. Prying tool included is not a real help for the most part. Patience is a real virtue for this. But after you get it off, rest of install is 5 minutes more work.
I had to take mine down for a different camera and you just have to be careful and go slow

Scion

Reaction score

Can confirm, at least on my truck with the "B" style housing. Used professional panel pry tools, took my time, and still ended up inverting the vampire teeth on two of the metal clips as they pulled off the blades instead of popping out of the slots. Carefully bent them back and reinstalled without issue, but sheesh!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread