5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY INSTALLED! 2019 BIGHORN w/ Readylift 3.5" Kit with Bilstein 5100's front and 5160 Resi's in the rear.

21Longhorn

Reaction score

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I wonder if the top spacer in the RL 2" level kit is the same as the top spacer in the RL 3-1/2" lift kit ?

JbVt

Reaction score
So I wonder if the top spacer in the RL 2" level kit is the same as the top spacer in the RL 3-1/2" lift kit ?
Yes I'm pretty confident they are the same, 1.5". The 3.5" kit includes a 2" pre-load spacer also. The top hat spacer is about 1.5" I think but translates to 2" lift +/-.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I'm pretty confident they are the same, 1.5". The 3.5" kit includes a 2" pre-load spacer also. The top hat spacer is about 1.5" I think but translates to 2" lift +/-.

So that would mean 1-1/2” top spacer + Bils at #4 (1.3”) = 2.8” lift ? Or did you get 2” + 1.3” =3.3” Did you do pre/post measurements ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JbVt

Reaction score
So that would mean 1-1/2” top spacer + Bils at #4 (1.3”) = 2.8” lift ? Or did you get 2” + 1.3” =3.3” Did you do pre/post measurements ?

Sorry if I misled I do not have this exact setup. I have ORG truck(1" higher than normal 4x4) with bilsteins at 2". So net 3" compared to normal 4x4. I only used the Readylift UCAs.

JbVt

Reaction score

The bilsteins have different height increases for Offroad group trucks than non OFG trucks. Clip 5 for my truck was 2", I gained just under 2" from the bilstein alone.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha …. No, I don’t think I caught that you were ORG …. So compared to a Non-ORG, you would be (+1” ORG) + (1-1/2-2” RL top spacer) + (2” Bils set at #5 for ORG) = 4-1/2”-5” taller than Stock Non-ORG ? Sound about right ?

JbVt

Reaction score
Gotcha …. No, I don’t think I caught that you were ORG …. So compared to a Non-ORG, you would be (+1” ORG) + (1-1/2-2” RL top spacer) + (2” Bils set at #5 for ORG) = 4-1/2”-5” taller than Stock Non-ORG ? Sound about right ?

Just minus the top hat spacer. I did not use it. I bought the kit just for the uca.

JbVt

Reaction score
Once you start getting over 3.5” the cv angles go to crap quickly. At that point you’d want a full bracket lift. Not just spacers.

GWHunter

Reaction score
So I already have a set of Bilsteins ready. I'm thinking of doing a similar lift, but thinking of using the same UCA's you did, but Supreme suspension spacers. The spacers come in .5" increments from 2" of lift to 3.5" of lift. What are peoples opinions on which way to go, taller spacer, lower Bilstein height, or shorter spacer, taller bilstein height?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I already have a set of Bilsteins ready. I'm thinking of doing a similar lift, but thinking of using the same UCA's you did, but Supreme suspension spacers. The spacers come in .5" increments from 2" of lift to 3.5" of lift. What are peoples opinions on which way to go, taller spacer, lower Bilstein height, or shorter spacer, taller bilstein height?

Are you ORG or not ?

timb1813

Reaction score
Just curious.. If I have a 3.5 Rough Country and want to get some height would the Bilstein 5100's do that? New to the whole lifted truck thing

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious.. If I have a 3.5 Rough Country and want to get some height would the Bilstein 5100's do that? New to the whole lifted truck thing

Dangerous ground lifting past 3.5” without a diff drop, which is included in full blown lift kits

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No I do not have the ORG

Bils are the better way to lift, so I’d do the 1.7 of 2.2 with the Bils, and finish it with a 1-1/2” or 1” top spacer respectively

GWHunter

Reaction score
Thats exactly what i was thinking of doing just needed a little nudge in the right direction.

Zander

Reaction score
Whoever is promoting the SST lift as a leveling kit is incorrect. Some may call it a Level Lift as it uses spacers but is also a No Cut Kit (no differential drop) The RL 3.5" SST Kit is a lift kit (3.5" front and 2.0" rear lift.) ....Leveling kits are Front only, RL does make a 2" leveling kit w' UCA's.

As for why 5160's....no great reason but they were the Best available from Bilstein, great value for a Resi. So far back end of the truck has felt so stable on some back roads. 5100's In front are tuned for the added preload so they feel great in the front and the spacer just gives it the extra lift. RL also in my opinion comes with a better UCA.

If i could compare the feeling of stock shocks to my Bilstein setup, I feel the road more now but I'd say 75% of the is from the F Load Tires. I will also add that none of what I feel is harsh to me at least. Biggest difference that I feel is that on medium to big compressions, the Bilsteins recover faster. where the stock shocks resonate (bounce) back and forth a bit before leveling out, the Bilsteins compress then level out quickly making the ride to me more stable. An example of this would be when I pull in to a friends driveway, when my truck was stock the truck would rock back and forth 3-4 times (driveway has a big depression on right side) before leveling out, now it rocks to one side then recovers.

Zander

Reaction score
Whoever is promoting the SST lift as a leveling kit is incorrect. Some may call it a Level Lift as it uses spacers but is also a No Cut Kit (no differential drop) The RL 3.5" SST Kit is a lift kit (3.5" front and 2.0" rear lift.) ....Leveling kits are Front only, RL does make a 2" leveling kit w' UCA's.

As for why 5160's....no great reason but they were the Best available from Bilstein, great value for a Resi. So far back end of the truck has felt so stable on some back roads. 5100's In front are tuned for the added preload so they feel great in the front and the spacer just gives it the extra lift. RL also in my opinion comes with a better UCA.

If i could compare the feeling of stock shocks to my Bilstein setup, I feel the road more now but I'd say 75% of the is from the F Load Tires. I will also add that none of what I feel is harsh to me at least. Biggest difference that I feel is that on medium to big compressions, the Bilsteins recover faster. where the stock shocks resonate (bounce) back and forth a bit before leveling out, the Bilsteins compress then level out quickly making the ride to me more stable. An example of this would be when I pull in to a friends driveway, when my truck was stock the truck would rock back and forth 3-4 times (driveway has a big depression on right side) before leveling out, now it rocks to one side then recovers.
What you have front 5100s set to?

Users who are viewing this thread