5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY INSTALLED! 2019 BIGHORN w/ Readylift 3.5" Kit with Bilstein 5100's front and 5160 Resi's in the rear.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Well I've been sitting on my RL Kit for over a tear trying to decide on what I wanted to do. Well here she is, looks great. rides great so far. Slightly firmer but not near as firm as my BMW X5. Road perfect through some winding roads, held corners well, less sway than the ride to the shop this morning. Decided to go with setting #4 on the 5100's and of course I didn't have the preload spacer installed, just the tophat spacer. Won't know how it will feel offroad until I go MTBing again. Measured 25" in front and 25.5" in the rear from center of the hub to the fender. Just have to decide on tires now. Just trying to decide on tires, leaning towards a Milestar Patagonia MT 295/60r20 or 275/65r20, Radar Renegade XT 35x11.5 or 275/62r20, and Kunati Trail Hog 275/65r20. Here are some pics, I forgot to take one before install so the last one is an older pic.

IMG_1266.jpg IMG_1270.jpg IMG_1273.jpg IMG_1274.jpg IMG_1269.jpg IMG_1276.jpg IMG_0382(2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1267.jpg
    IMG_1267.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 300

Skater

Reaction score
Well I've been sitting on my RL Kit for over a tear trying to decide on what I wanted to do. Well here she is, looks great. rides great so far. Slightly firmer but not near as firm as my BMW X5. Road perfect through some winding roads, held corners well, less sway than the ride to the shop this morning. Decided to go with setting #4 on the 5100's and of course I didn't have the preload spacer installed, just the tophat spacer. Won't know how it will feel offroad until I go MTBing again. Measured 25" in front and 25.5" in the rear from center of the hub to the fender. Just have to decide on tires now. Just trying to decide on tires, leaning towards a Milestar Patagonia MT 295/60r20 or 275/65r20, Radar Renegade XT 35x11.5 or 275/62r20, and Kunati Trail Hog 275/65r20. Here are some pics, I forgot to take one before install so the last one is an older pic.

View attachment 59834 View attachment 59835 View attachment 59836 View attachment 59838 View attachment 59839 View attachment 59840 View attachment 59841
Looks great. Let us know what you decide on tires and post pics after you decide which size of beef you put on those wheels. She's beautiful. (y)

EMAN4454

Reaction score
Looks awesome! This is the setup I think that I want to go with...so just to clarify, you used the 5160's on the rear in combination with the RL kit rear pieces? The RL lifts the rear 2" already, and the 5160's look to be adjustable from 0"-1.5", my question is what setting do you have the 5160's at? I would like to maintain 0.5"-1" of rake as I do haul stuff from time to time....

E

justinbeez

Reaction score
Looks awesome! This is the setup I think that I want to go with...so just to clarify, you used the 5160's on the rear in combination with the RL kit rear pieces? The RL lifts the rear 2" already, and the 5160's look to be adjustable from 0"-1.5", my question is what setting do you have the 5160's at? I would like to maintain 0.5"-1" of rake as I do haul stuff from time to time....

E
5160s aren't adjustable like 5100s. They will accept a length with that lift height from your springs/spacers. For example, if you have the ORP springs that raises the rear 1 inch, you will be in the clear. If you have a spring that raises the rear 2", you'll need a longer shock because that is outside the recommended limits of that shock. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EMAN4454

Reaction score
5160s aren't adjustable like 5100s. They will accept a length with that lift height from your springs/spacers. For example, if you have the ORP springs that raises the rear 1 inch, you will be in the clear. If you have a spring that raises the rear 2", you'll need a longer shock because that is outside the recommended limits of that shock. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct, after looking back at the Bilstein website, it states that the front 5100's are adjustable, but the 5160's aren't. My bad. This is my first truck and first time doing a lift...I've had dozens of cars before this that I've lowered using coilovers and lowering springs, but this is my first venture into the truck modding world. Just want to make sure I'm getting the right facts down before I start spending $$. Thanks for the quick response!

justinbeez

Reaction score
I believe you are correct, after looking back at the Bilstein website, it states that the front 5100's are adjustable, but the 5160's aren't. My bad. This is my first truck and first time doing a lift...I've had dozens of cars before this that I've lowered using coilovers and lowering springs, but this is my first venture into the truck modding world. Just want to make sure I'm getting the right facts down before I start spending $$. Thanks for the quick response!
No problem. Tons of dudes, maybe ladies too, on here willing to help out and lots of info on which setups work. Definitely want to get it right the first time. Otherwise, you'll spend more fixing the problem. Better to spend more time on the front end researching, then money on the back end fixing.

Skater

Reaction score
yes, had to play the match game with a hint of color to match a few of my Mountain bikes......lol View attachment 60031
Ok, love the mountain bikes, the rack, and the color matching, but if that is your garage, I want to be like you when I grow up. Hardwood floors, leather furniture, and curtains in your garage! I have a college degree and a pretty good job, but man you must be rolling in folding money! ;)

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice! I’d like to do this setup as well eventually. Just tough to justify almost $1000 installed for just the fronts. Have to keep saving up before taking the leap.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Nice! I’d like to do this setup as well eventually. Just tough to justify almost $1000 installed for just the fronts. Have to keep saving up before taking the leap.
Honestly if I didn't find the shop that installed everything for $500 including alignment I probably would have ended up selling my parts. Most lift shops in the Bay charge so much, even more on customer supplied parts. The "Best" local lift shop quoted me $1350 for install.....I think I ended up paying ~$1550 for everything.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly if I didn't find the shop that installed everything for $500 including alignment I probably would have ended up selling my parts. Most lift shops in the Bay charge so much, even more on customer supplied parts. The "Best" local lift shop quoted me $1350 for install.....I think I ended up paying ~$1550 for everything.
I just can’t get over the $450 price tag on the ready lift control arms. That’s the hard pill to swallow. Those are some insane quotes you got!

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I just can’t get over the $450 price tag on the ready lift control arms. That’s the hard pill to swallow. Those are some insane quotes you got!
I think I paid $600 or $650 for the full SST kit....but that was a long time ago...beginning of last year I think.

EMAN4454

Reaction score
Do you have any side profile shots of your truck with the new tires on? Truck looks awesome btw!! (y)

burntomaro

Reaction score
I think I paid $600 or $650 for the full SST kit....but that was a long time ago...beginning of last year I think.

What wheels you running? What’s the offset? I’m assuming no rubbing? I wanna go 20x12.5 but shops keep telling me I need to go with a 4-6” lift I order to stick those underneath my truck.

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
What wheels you running? What’s the offset? I’m assuming no rubbing? I wanna go 20x12.5 but shops keep telling me I need to go with a 4-6” lift I order to stick those underneath my truck.
I think that since I went with #4 my fitment is a bit different than trucks @ #5 or the standard RL 3.5 kit. At full crank I am getting a slight rub on the UCA's. maybe 1mm or 2mm of the side lugs on the ridge graps. I'll have 1/4" spacers installed on Monday then it should be fine. At full crank in reverse there was also a slight rub on backside of fenderwell. All i did to fix that was used some 3m tape to attach fender well to metal behind it. No cutting needed, tape pulled it back enough. I have stock black appearance package BigHorn Wheels. 20x9 +19 offset.

IMG_1288.jpg

Reaction score
I am in a debate between the Mopar 2" lift and Readylift SST w/ Bilstein shocks.

I see Bilstein list 5100 (0" to 1") for the rears, $143cdn and 5160 (0" to 2") rears for $292cdn.

Is there a specific reason you went with the 5160 for the rears over the 5100?

As far as the pricing I am getting right now, it looks like the Mopar will be cheaper for me unless I just go the Bilstein which would cost me about $600 (I assume all 4).

I have another thread on here, but can anyone explain what the differences are between Readylift SST 3.5" vs Mopar 2" with ORP front springs vs Readylift SST with Bilstein 5100s. Mopar is sold as a lift kit, where Readylift is promoted as a leveling kit. So confused lol.

Users who are viewing this thread