5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F150 or RAM 1500? Here to help get this sorted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
You weren't there so obviously you have a wild and uneducated imagination. The guy stood right in front of me and said if you want one with the V8 it's going to cost (approximately) $2,500 more. This was with the same trim and options too. So maybe it's because the V8 sales volume here in Vegas is higher than the 3.5 or 2.7. Did you think of that? Of course not ...because you'd rather insinuate instead of actually listening to people and doing actual research. Good talk.
Cmon dude, you are trying a little too hard. Just move on. There is ZERO evidence that this ever happened. I am a man of proof. So far your posts have been heresay BS. There is no market adjustment for a V8 for living in the desert. lol.
Lets just agree to disagree. lol

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Give me a lazy N/A v8 any day, all else being equal it will always outlive the high strung turbo.
It took me 2-1/2 years with a 2.7 Ecoboost [while it was impressive at low RPM"s] to come full circle and realize this.
Unbelievable how much nicer/smoother the driving experience is with this heavy N/A V-8.
Pretty sure the largest exodus ever from Ford to Dodge is happening right now.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel the opposite about wound up to 11 turbo 2.7l and lazy v8.

I think the turbo 6 cylinders have a lot more ‘headroom’ or capacity on the table than the naturally aspirated v8. Proven by getting 60+hp out of the turbo six from just a tune and maybe 25hp on a v8 tune. (Blanket statement to follow) I would say the v8s are not as over engineered and have to work harder for the same output, that’s why everything’s going turbo.
Everything you say is true ON PAPER.
But one is much smoother than the other when it comes to daily driving.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
It took me 2-1/2 years with a 2.7 Ecoboost [while it was impressive at low RPM"s] to come full circle and realize this.
Unbelievable how much nicer/smoother the driving experience is with this heavy N/A V-8.
Pretty sure the largest exodus ever from Ford to Dodge is happening right now.
Your not wrong. I wouldn’t say because the Ecoboost though. As a recent convert the Ecoboost was hardest for me to give up. But the deals and what you get for quality really stood out to me.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford most certainly does run turbos on their "rea; trucks" Last I checked Diesels were turbo were they not?
Diesel turbo's are a completely different animal than gas turbos. Apples and oranges. No comparison.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turbos do not add more stress. They recycle spent exhaust gases and turn that back into energy to help drive the motor.
How does that add more stress?
Heat. More heat. I believe the implication is that a hotter running motor & fluids will wear out faster.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cmon dude, you are trying a little too hard. Just move on. There is ZERO evidence that this ever happened. I am a man of proof. So far your posts have been heresay BS. There is no market adjustment for a V8 for living in the desert. lol.
Lets just agree to disagree. lol
**** off....go watch your cat videos. Next time I go you can come with me and hold my hand. "No proof"? Seriously? Get a life.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Heat. More heat. I believe the implication is that a hotter running motor & fluids will wear out faster.
I do not think they run hotter. There are soo many coolers on vehicles now adays. Again, we aren’t talking about the 80’s and early 90’s.
I wouldn’t say my force inducted motors that are stock induction run any hotter than my stock n/a vehicles.
Now sure, my vehicles that are built to the gills running immense amounts of boost, yea things get toasty. But that is not the topic here.
Truth be told, my blower cars are more of an issue with heat than my turbo cars.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
**** off....go watch your cat videos. Next time I go you can come with me and hold my hand. "No proof"? Seriously? Get a life.
I do not watch cat videos. While I never claim to know it all, I can tell from your posts you are that guy that spouts off without knowing things and gets very pissed when someone proves you wrong.
It’s ok dude, it’s the internet. You don’t have to like me, and my feelings will not be hurt if you don’t.
But I really try not to comment on things I do not know about either.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not watch cat videos. While I never claim to know it all, I can tell from your posts you are that guy that spouts off without knowing things and gets very pissed when someone proves you wrong.
It’s ok dude, it’s the internet. You don’t have to like me, and my feelings will not be hurt if you don’t.
But I really try not to comment on things I do not know about either.
You definitely have not proven me wrong. But think what you want. You obviously have never worked on a vehicle or seen the inside of an engine in your entire life. Yet claim to know everything. Irresponsible.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The original poster has not been back.

Let's ease up on the turbo debate and give the OP some time to join back in.

I am getting the feeling he is not returning.
Ok ok. I'm done. I love Ford trucks...until I started talking to that guy. Lol. But honestly...RAM seems to be the better value in the market as of the last couple years.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
You definitely have not proven me wrong. But think what you want. You obviously have never worked on a vehicle or seen the inside of an engine in your entire life. Yet claim to know everything. Irresponsible.
You are funny. I work on vehicles probably more than you do, hence why I can catch your BS.

I think RAM is the better value as well. Hence why I have one and don’t have my F150 anymore and did not get my 21 that was on order.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They spent that money for guys like you that are close minded on forced induction.

This is the funniest thing I've read. Ford has no problems convincing the majority of people to buy their turbos. Heck it's even in their halo product (raptor). The reason they don't put turbos in their work trucks has nothing to do with me, it's simply physics. They are not as durable when worked. Neither are they fuel efficient when worked.

You didn't try the google search did you? That's why I'm not arguing any further, because you simply don't want to educate yourself.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
This is the funniest thing I've read. Ford has no problems convincing the majority of people to buy their turbos. Heck it's even in their halo product (raptor). The reason they don't put turbos in their work trucks has nothing to do with me, it's simply physics. They are not as durable when worked. Neither are they fuel efficient when worked.

You didn't try the google search did you? That's why I'm not arguing any further, because you simply don't want to educate yourself.
What do you want me to google search? They are plenty reliable. I know plenty of guys with 200-300k miles on eco's with little to no issues. Pretty much like all other motors. It doesnt matter what it is, if you take care of it, it will last.

Just because you do not see them used for work trucks, does not mean they are not. Our definition of a work truck may be different, but most "work trucks" are stripped lowest model cheapest trucks they can get, or typically diesels as far as I have seen around the plants I work at. I have never seen a Coyote based or Godzilla based work truck around any plants. It does not mean there are not any, just means like from your end, I have not seen any.

You guys seem to get a little too upset over a differing opinion. Sorry we disagree. But again the Ecoboost is clearly Ford's bread and butter. So to say Ford knows they are not as reliable as NA and that is why they make the Godzilla is a silly comment IMHO.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You are funny. I work on vehicles probably more than you do, hence why I can catch your BS.

I think RAM is the better value as well. Hence why I have one and don’t have my F150 anymore and did not get my 21 that was on order.
Yea ok...nothing but insinuations on your part. I can't help but think you're one of those conspiracy theorists that is paranoid and anti-government, anti-military. And when someone says something...you need instant proof of what they said. It's like seeing used car salesmen everywhere you go. But at least we can agree on what a good value is because damn...this is getting tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread