5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended warranty

WReckeR

Reaction score
Zeigler or Clay Robbins are the go-to places for Mopar extended warranties, you won’t find prices any lower than those two. With Zeigler, make sure you use the promo code PAYINFULL for $365 off the purchase price.

Regarding the money back extended warranties, it seems like a good deal but remember that they are always counting on the buyer paying for repairs out of their own pockets so that they can get the full reimbursement at the end of the warranty term. It’s a slick marketing gimmick and they usually come out ahead. They are also priced much higher than the regular extended warranties. Me personally, if I had chosen to buy an extended warranty, I’d probably have sprung for just the regular Max Care with no reimbursement and highest deductible ($200), it’s the cheapest one and probably the most bang for your buck. When I priced one out just prior to hitting 12,000 miles, I believe the cost for an 8/85,000 with $200 deductible at Zeigler was right around $1100 total. (In the end I chose not go through with an extended warranty.) Good luck with your decision!
WOW Condor! PAYINFULL!!!
That is SWEET!
It's $1,175, at least on a Laramie. Dunno if it's cheaper for a Big Horn.
$1540 was a price I was still rubbing my chin over, but under $1200? Sure, it's a $200 deductible, but if the 12" touchscreen goes out, or transmission or rear differential...it'll pay for itself.

Uga40

Reaction score
WOW Condor! PAYINFULL!!!
That is SWEET!
$1540 was a price I was still rubbing my chin over, but under $1200? Sure, it's a $200 deductible, but if the 12" touchscreen goes out, or transmission or rear differential...it'll pay for itself.
Yep, paid 1175 yesterday

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Okay, so I bought this truck and am all in but I see that the engine is a ticking time bomb. What are the thoughts of an extended warranty from Mopar? Looks life a 3rd party has an 8 year/100K max care for 2k ? Thoughts on being a worthwhile investment.

Curious, where have you seen that these engines are ticking time bombs?

Uga40

Reaction score
Curious, where have you seen that these engines are ticking time bombs?
All over the forums. The sentiment is that the EcoD is destined to fail due to the EGR requirements. Therefore, you need to drive HWY miles once a week to let the engine Regen. Jury is still out on the Gen3.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't think the price is impacted by the trim level...I believe the price is the price regardless of the model you buy. I think I looked into this back in early 2019 and all the pricing was the same.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Zeigler or Clay Robbins are the go-to places for Mopar extended warranties, you won’t find prices any lower than those two. With Zeigler, make sure you use the promo code PAYINFULL for $365 off the purchase price.
MOPAR Service Contract will also match or beat Zeigler and Clay Robbins so these 2 aren't the only ones. I bought mine through moparservicecontract.com and I believe the person you want to speak to is Jason. The PAYINFULL discount is not unique to Zeigler.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
WOW Condor! PAYINFULL!!!
That is SWEET!

Glad it helped, the promo code has long been talked about on this forum.

Transmission/rear diff would still be covered under the 5 year/60,000 powertrain factory warranty, well after the 3/36 expires.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
MOPAR Service Contract will also match or beat Zeigler and Clay Robbins so these 2 aren't the only ones. I bought mine through moparservicecontract.com and I believe the person you want to speak to is Jason. The PAYINFULL discount is not unique to Zeigler.
@securityguy
Just ran a quote on both...8/85 with a $200 ded.
Moparservicecontract.com was $2560 vs $1340 for Zeigler. Are you saying Mopar will come down to $1340 as well?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Not true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you talk to Jason on the phone? You cannot just run numbers off a website!
Umm no I did not talk to anyone and yes you can absolutely “just run numbers off a website”, that’s exactly what you do with Zeigler, plug in the info and promo code and whammo, no phone calls needed. $1340 total

WReckeR

Reaction score
@securityguy
Moparservicecontract.com was $2560 vs $1340 for Zeigler. Are you saying Mopar will come down to $1340 as well?
$1540, not $1340 for 8/85/$200. And $1175 after the PAYINFULL. Just paid for it.

And SecurityGuy, you are right. I only needed to identify "Ram 1500" and no trim level, there was no differentiating between trim levels. The VIN was submitted during the purchase process.

I chose Ziegler simply because I found them first via Google.

I cannot tell you the peace of mind this gives me paying such an agreeable price for the additional duration. Yes, I'm aware power train was already 5/60K. I only do 10K miles a year, so 3 more years power train, 5 more years everything else is really, really sweet at $1175. I was a little disappointed that trim items aren't covered. I've already seen stories of dash skin delaminating, door trim, seat stuff. I'll scrutinize all of that very closely before the 3/36K runs out.

Uga40

Reaction score
$1540, not $1340 for 8/85/$200. And $1175 after the PAYINFULL. Just paid for it.

And SecurityGuy, you are right. I only needed to identify "Ram 1500" and no trim level, there was no differentiating between trim levels. The VIN was submitted during the purchase process.

I chose Ziegler simply because I found them first via Google.

I cannot tell you the peace of mind this gives me paying such an agreeable price for the additional duration. Yes, I'm aware power train was already 5/60K. I only do 10K miles a year, so 3 more years power train, 5 more years everything else is really, really sweet at $1175. I was a little disappointed that trim items aren't covered. I've already seen stories of dash skin delaminating, door trim, seat stuff. I'll scrutinize all of that very closely before the 3/36K runs out.
I have the exact same feeling. The peace of mind is priceless, for 1.175K, a no brainier

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@securityguy
Umm no I did not talk to anyone and yes you can absolutely “just run numbers off a website”, that’s exactly what you do with Zeigler, plug in the info and promo code and whammo, no phone calls needed. $1340 total
You're happy...I'm happy. If you CALL and talk to a human being, you can often get even better deals than what a website will show you. You should always call regardless.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score

My quote was $1340 because I’m at over 12,000 miles (16,000 and change.) The cheapest price will always be between 0-12,000 ($1175), 12000-24000 ($1340), 24000-36000 (around $1600.)

Uga40

Reaction score
I paid 1175, I am at 3k miles on 2020 EcoD bighorn

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You're happy...I'm happy. If you CALL and talk to a human being, you can often get even better deals than what a website will show you. You should always call regardless.
I do get that concept. I was just curious to know if Jason would match the Zeigler price right off the bat, including with the promo code.. apparently he will. Most users will probably gravitate straight to Zeigler since you can do everything right there on the site, no phone calls needed.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I do get that concept. I was just curious to know if Jason would match the Zeigler price right off the bat, including with the promo code.. apparently he will. Most users will probably gravitate straight to Zeigler since you can do everything right there on the site, no phone calls needed.
I always call as sometimes they are willing to do something more than what's on the website...even Ziegler if you take the time to call. I, for one, never buy anything straight off a website because there may always be "hidden" specials that you'll never know about unless you call and ask. That's all I'm sayin' :)

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
All over the forums. The sentiment is that the EcoD is destined to fail due to the EGR requirements. Therefore, you need to drive HWY miles once a week to let the engine Regen. Jury is still out on the Gen3.

Correct. On the previous ED these are facts. I dont think it can be said for the gen 3 yet...

Uga40

Reaction score
Correct. On the previous ED these are facts. I dont think it can be said for the gen 3 yet...
Yeah, but the hwy driving is still applicable. Hope the Gen3 is an improvement

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread