5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifold recall

Lumel187

Reaction score
Not OEM shafts.
Chinese after market, OEM most likely stamped in the same factory with different stickers.
Lower control arms, the ball joints should be good for 100k not much more IMO. Mine are getting little sloppy at 80k.
`97 Expedition was still solid at 200k...
Also if you got Chinese axles and they work well for you, do you mind sharing a link so I can see and also can you or anyone direct me to where I can get the passenger Intermediate shaft? Because to my knowledge it's not the same as the driver side. It's a longer piece compared to the driver side.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
You are reminding me of what it was like to maintain vehicles up north vs down here in the South. I am spoiled now. Everything about a vehicle last so much longer.

Lumel187

Reaction score
You don't get it through Mopar directly, they are the most expensive. Check out the site I listed and call them. Also if you keep the truck through the warranty time and don't use it at all you can get a 100% refund if you wanted to just get the warranty and save it for a big ticket item and not use it on smaller things..
Nothing is built to last now on purpose.
Cool thanks, I don't see the website you listed, where do I find it? I'm new to this forum sorry.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Cool thanks, I don't see the website you listed, where do I find it? I'm new to this forum sorry.

Zeigler 269.685.3557

I have bad luck with dealerships and this is a extended warranty with Ram so I didn't do it. But I would of 100% bought it from these guys and kept it in case the engine or tranny went and taken a refund at the end of the warranty period if I didn't use it.

Lumel187

Reaction score
You are reminding me of what it was like to maintain vehicles up north vs down here in the South. I am spoiled now. Everything about a vehicle last so much longer.
Lol I could only imagine. I'm tired of NYC honestly, soon as I'm able to I'm out of here.

Lumel187

Reaction score

Zeigler 269.685.3557

I have bad luck with dealerships and this is a extended warranty with Ram so I didn't do it. But I would of 100% bought it from these guys and kept it in case the engine or tranny went and taken a refund at the end of the warranty period if I didn't use it.
Thanks! Yeah I don't seem to have any luck with dealerships either.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Lol I could only imagine. I'm tired of NYC honestly, soon as I'm able to I'm out of here.

I moved from Northern Canada to South Carolina 15 yrs ago. Never going back to the ice and snow. My last winter in Canada saw -54F.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Once he is out of warranty how about a set of long tube headers? Not cheap but several reasons to do that, not just no more manifold problems...

Lumel187

Reaction score
Once he is out of warranty how about a set of long tube headers? Not cheap but several reasons to do that, not just no more manifold problems...
Lol I read it takes some work to get those one, some fabrication etc. I prefer to get OEM+ something that's more reliable and better and don't have to deal with the headaches of fabrication or w.e

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
U

User_3336

Thanks! Yeah I don't seem to have any luck with dealerships either.
The Promo code "PAYINFULL" still works for $365 off the internet price @ Zeigler.
[email protected]

I really don't think you can beat that price! I got the 6 year 60000 mile MAXCARE $100 ded for $890. Short term, yes, but I'll be ready for something new after that.

Parts and labor are expensive! Probably one repair would cost $890! I feel good about that purchase knowing I'll be protected for the term of the plan! Its insurance, just like car and house insurance, you've covered if you need it

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumel187

Reaction score
The Promo code "PAYINFULL" still works for $365 off the internet price @ Zeigler.
[email protected]

I really don't think you can beat that price! I got the 6 year 60000 mile MAXCARE $100 ded for $890. Short term, yes, but I'll be ready for something new after that.

Parts and labor are expensive! Probably one repair would cost $890! I feel good about that purchase knowing I'll be protected for the term of the plan! Its insurance, just like car and house insurance, you've covered if you need it

Jeez lol for me the 5 year/60k mile on that site said $5,700 😳

Ram#77

Reaction score
I just discovered my passenger side exhaust manifold was leaking. I called my local dealer to schedule an appointment. The service advisor told me that a recall for the exhaust manifolds is to start sometime in September. He stated that it is to be a redesigned exhaust manifold installed with the recall.
Did he mentioned the model years effected by the recall?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup that's unfortunate 🫠
No, no it's not. YOU are doing something wrong.

Here's quotes on a 2019 I just ran...way less than $5700...

0b371edb9d7f954f5be45f27704ed638.jpg
62125f190619dad25b3e9131bec08b12.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread