5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust manifold recall

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM 1500 with the same issue, passenger side a loud noise at cold startup but no smell anywhere. Unfortunately 65k miles so I'm out of warranty.

EDIT: I was wrong. It's a TSB not a recall/extended warranty.

Have you ever complained to the dealer prior to the factory warranty ending?

Morenar

Reaction score
Had loud tick on startup for sometime and smell of fumes from passenger side but recently lack of power. Hit the gas and it would take a little longer to go. Made an appt to bring it in but I read cracked manifold can cause lack of power.

Cheebie

Reaction score
Update

The dealership I have been going to for 10+ years informed me that it's a 50-50 chance that manifold and fuel pump and misc will be covered. Yes, I have the gas filling issue too. So, I got an extended warranty with a 30 day wait period, then it's going in for both issues which will be covered and cover the cost of the warranty with the fix.

I also thought about headers, but the gas filling issue seems much more complicated.

N7GZN

Reaction score
2019 Laramie Longhorn at 118k miles, drivers side is leaking. I bought the truck at 75k so I don't know if the manifold(s) were changed previously. I recently began parking outside, I wonder if the colder startup temperatures could contribute to more stress on the studs.
Taking the truck into the local dealer, the only in the region so it may take a few weeks before they can look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread