5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exclusive: 7.0L V8 Rebel and 6.2 SC Rebel will have different names

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
“As part of the midterm evaluation, on April 2nd of this
year, the EPA issued a determination that the current GHG standards for MYs
2022-2025 are too stringent and warrant adjustment. EPA concluded that the
original standards were based on outdated information, and a number of key
assumptions underlying the original standards, including gas prices and
consumer acceptance of advanced fuel-efficient technologies, do not reflect the
current and expected market. EPA’s decision initiates a new rulemaking process,
and in the next several months, EPA, in partnership with NHTSA, will issue a
joint proposal for public comment to adjust the MY 2022-2025 GHG and fuel
economy standards for light-duty vehicles.”

People aren't buying the little rice burners, they want POWER.Bring on the Hellcat Rams!!!

Last edited:

sportcoupe

Reaction score
Rustydodge said:
Understood there are no hints at the street "truckhawk", but i just have a hard time believing they will do on off-road 707 hp version with 37s.
Who says the 2021 TRX (or TR) will come stock with 37's?

Rustydodge

Reaction score
sportcoupe said:
Who says the 2021 TRX (or TR) will come stock with 37's?
No one that i'm aware of. That is what the TRX concept had which is why that number gets thrown around. I would bet 35s will be stock

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think 35s are a safe bet. 37s would be cool, but most likely overkill for a stock truck. Then again it is FCA and they're known for overkill from time to time lol.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Jared Balfour said:
I think 35s are a safe bet. 37s would be cool, but most likely overkill for a stock truck. Then again it is FCA and they're known for overkill from time to time lol.
Eggzaktly!
The overkill of 37” tires would perfectly match the overkill factor of putting a 707 horsepower engine in a pick em up truck.
A coworker once asked me, somewhat derisively, “where are you going to use 707 horsepower?”
To which I curtly replied, “Everywhere I take it!”
We all got a good chuckle out of that one.

They did go through the trouble to make the concept accommodate 37” tires and 13” of travel “at full jounce”. However, they might have encountered issues compelling them to ease off the crazy somewhat.

Those are among the questions that remain and I suspect news about suspension details are a long way off. A six inch wider track will be next to impossible to hide so I suspect some spy shots will provide our first clues.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
VoiceOfReason said:
Because Fox News is not fake news! Now CNN wouldn't post this because CNN is all fake news
263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so , I got an alert this morning about the 7.0l ford, because a guy made a video about it and mentioned the 7.0l Hemi.

I didn't watch the video, but I did read the comments. My guess is the guy is just speculating on rumors as it seems he does this alot, but what struck me as funny was the comments.

Chevy and Ford are really loosing in the horsepower wars...Hellcats and Demons... and as usual Ford does a lot of talking and Chevy goes the other direction.

So to my point the commenters say how great the ford is going to be but one guy says something like this...

FoRd and Ram are building 7.0l v8s and chevy just introduced a 4cyl Briggs and straton motor.

I love the internet.

Now...how about some TRX HELLCAT, TR BANSHEE and REBEL SUB BRAND INFO...
263a.png

Users who are viewing this thread