5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exclusive: 7.0L V8 Rebel and 6.2 SC Rebel will have different names

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Back in February we wrote that the upcoming Ram Rebel TRX will be available with 2 different engine options.

Today 5thGenRams has learned from inside sources that the upcoming 7.0L 426CI V8 naturally aspirated Rebel will carry the name Rebel TR. This engine option is expected to produce around 520HP and 525+ Lb ft of torque with a broad powerband. The internal development code name for the 7.0L V8 is Banshee presumably named after the McDonnell F2H Banshee war plane, keeping in line with internally naming their V8 engines after war planes such as the Apache and Eagle Hemis.

Camouflaged Ram Rebel

The supercharged 6.2L V8 will carry the TRX name with engineers working to have the truck deliver the full 707HP of the HELLCAT engine as opposed to the 575 HP of the TRX concept. Presumably the driveline components would be thought to be the weak link, but engineers managed to optimize the driveline components for the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk which allowed them to rate the engine at the full 707hp in that application. We are confident that will remain true for the Rebel TRX as well.

Whether there will be any other differences between the 2 trucks such as suspension etc is unknown at this time.

Camouflaged Ram Rebel

We look forward to learning what else Ram has in store for the upcoming TRX and will let you guys know as soon as more information becomes available.

Stay tuned to 5thGenRams for all the latest information regarding the 5th generation Ram trucks including the TRX, upcoming HD models as well as the upcoming Jeep Wagoneer.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I usually have pre written articles and their forum counterpart go live at the same time, but I wanted to try something a little different with this one releasing it on the forums 12 hours before it goes live on the main site.

Enjoy
263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Was getting anxious to hear some info. Great article again. Gosh I hope the HD get this 7.0l hemi. It has been a long time since Ram gave the gas side of the HD some love, noting the 6.4 is a marvelous motor...but another 100 or so horses and torque sound so good...
Any idea what TR and TRX mean?
I just seen a local dealer has a 2019...Hopefully check it out over the weekend.
I can't wait to see this Rebel sub brand come to fruition.
@VoiceOfReason, you going to have ro pony up to get the X or you gonna be okay if it comes to only having a TR?

GOOD TIMES.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A Banshee or a Hellcat...man the decisions they are making us make lol...
1f608.png

Wish a true manual and a 3rd pedal would also be an option...and both the desert runner and Powerwagon directions.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did they ever get the TrailHawk back after it was ahhh misplaced
icon_lol.gif

indefatigable

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Bighorn with the 5.7 hemi, 395hp I believe.
I can not imagine what 500hp or 700hp must be like; although at 73, I would still like to find out!!
WOW!

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/287-exclusive-7-0l-v8-rebel-and-6-2-sc-rebel-will-have-different-names/&postID=1830#post1830" data-author="devildodge">Thanks for the info. Was getting anxious to hear some info. Great article again. Gosh I hope the HD get this 7.0l hemi. It has been a long time since Ram gave the gas side of the HD some love, noting the 6.4 is a marvelous motor...but another 100 or so horses and torque sound so good...
Any idea what TR and TRX mean?
I just seen a local dealer has a 2019...Hopefully check it out over the weekend.
I can't wait to see this Rebel sub brand come to fruition.
@VoiceOfReason, you going to have ro pony up to get the X or you gonna be okay if it comes to only having a TR?

GOOD TIMES.
</woltlab-quote>The jury is still out on that one, but I am leaning toward the TR as an $85k start price is out of my league. That could change between now and the release date. If I could finagle a deal with all the options I want and keep it under $90k, that might be feasible, but only if some very good things happen in the market between now and then.We'll see.520 horsepower would be more than adequate, but if we're talking adequacy, a Tradesman fits the bill. The puffer is all about passion and foot stomp response - and bragging rights, which would serve my fragile ego well.
1f609.png
Ideally, I'd get a loaded 2019 Rebel as soon as Rambox is available in it, then trade up in two years, but now is just not a good time for us financially as we had some significant expenses this year and last (we've spent over $60,000 on much needed home improvements - two furnaces, two air conditioners, basement waterproofing in a 2,000+ square foot basement, two new Anderson sliding glass doors to replace rotted ones, a new front door to replace the water damaged one that would not open and some roof work).I had expected revenues from selling rental properties to build up more than enough to sustain something like a TRX purchase, but some of those expenses were unexpected (like a good $20,000 worth of them). I also won't be getting the Ducati Panigale V4 I had my heart set on this year, partially in deference to someday being able to afford a Ram Rebel TR/TRX.I can live with mitigated debt (low interest debt covered by other investments), but unsecured high interest debt needs to go and we have about $30,000 of that to get rid of before I will make a vehicle purchase.One other factor is we have a $700/month debt consolidation second mortgage that will be paid off . . . right around the time a TR/TRX will be available. So - if that happens and the unsecured high interest debt is gone, and the market outperforms average - all very real possibilities, then, TRX it is.A lot, however, can happen in two years.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
<woltlab-quote data-link="https://5thgenrams.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/287-exclusive-7-0l-v8-rebel-and-6-2-sc-rebel-will-have-different-names/&postID=1829#post1829" data-author="Jared Balfour">I usually have pre written articles and their forum counterpart go live at the same time, but I wanted to try something a little different with this one releasing it on the forums 12 hours before it goes live on the main site.

Enjoy
263a.png

</woltlab-quote>I like the idea - though I missed both at first (hadn't checked until lunch).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anxious to see what other differences there will be between the two, and if there will also be a difference and option of a different style approach.

And with the subrand theory, a 7.0l street truck and hellcat variant...well that will put the truck world on its side.

Raptor fighter in two flavors, check
1500 Powerwagon, ?
Rumble Bee style, ?
Lil Red Express style, ?
Man the possibilities are endless.
How do they expect me to have parking for all these beasts. Guess I better get to clearing more of my 5 acres for the garage,
1f609.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so glad for this site. Atleast so far information has been accepted, opinions given and thoughts posted, but there hasn't been much for outlandish stories of how Fords explorer will run away from it in a desert, and how Chevy's Canyon will out tow it and claw it's way to the top of the mountain first. Or that GM beat Ram to this milestone back in 05.

Anyways, good times for truck lovers in general, and great time for Ram fans. Except I feel the bandwagon is gonna need to be enlarged, but we got the grunt to pull it. Proud to have been Mopar before it was cool, lol
1f61b.png
263a.png
1f609.png

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
devildodge said:
so glad for this site. Atleast so far information has been accepted, opinions given and thoughts posted, but there hasn't been much for outlandish stories of how Fords explorer will run away from it in a desert, and how Chevy's Canyon will out tow it and claw it's way to the top of the mountain first. Or that GM beat Ram to this milestone back in 05.

Anyways, good times for truck lovers in general, and great time for Ram fans. Except I feel the bandwagon is gonna need to be enlarged, but we got the grunt to pull it. Proud to have been Mopar before it was cool, lol
1f61b.png
263a.png
1f609.png
LOL, thanks. Definitely a great time to be a Ram/Mopar fan.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
has there been any specific information given as to whether this new engine will be a "big" block. Not sure if there is any differentiation as to the small or big block anymore. Just curious if this is an all out serious new engine or a better bigger 392.

If any of that makes sense.

Being as there is little info out there, I am sure something big is about to break, but I am to anxious to wait patiently anymore lol

Can't wait to see what they did to the drivetrain to get the full 707 and to see if it actually ends up with the power bump the Hellcat Challenger is getting!

Can't wait to see if any of the other stuff gets made close to the concept...such as the spares in the bed, the side exhaust etc.

I got another, boy I like that Rebel from the wife again yeterday...she likes this TRX also. Why is Mopar punishing me with all these goodies just outside my reach!!?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have any information about the 426 that isn't posted here as of yet. Whenever I find more out about it, you'll know.
1f44d.png

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
devildodge said:
has there been any specific information given as to whether this new engine will be a "big" block. Not sure if there is any differentiation as to the small or big block anymore. Just curious if this is an all out serious new engine or a better bigger 392.

If any of that makes sense.

Being as there is little info out there, I am sure something big is about to break, but I am to anxious to wait patiently anymore lol

Can't wait to see what they did to the drivetrain to get the full 707 and to see if it actually ends up with the power bump the Hellcat Challenger is getting!

Can't wait to see if any of the other stuff gets made close to the concept...such as the spares in the bed, the side exhaust etc.

I got another, boy I like that Rebel from the wife again yeterday...she likes this TRX also. Why is Mopar punishing me with all these goodies just outside my reach!!?
I would be surprised if the side exhaust made it to production as it would wreak havoc on the tires, unless they went down right silly wide with them.I saw mention of a bed kit for dual spares many months ago - someone took a DS Rebel, added the rack, spares, and bead lock wheels on it and someone thought it was a TRX (not even close, but still a pretty cool truck).
Jared Balfour said:
I just saw that as well. It's nice to see the site gaining credibility. All due to our amazing contributors.
That is Hellcat cool that you're being cited. People know, this is the place to go for deep, reliable insider information.

Users who are viewing this thread