5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETorque Issue

HNels108

Reaction score
3300 miles on my 2020 Bighorn. Go out to start it and dead. Can drive after a jump start only. Unbelievable. Trip to the dealership tomorrow. Wish me luck.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
3300 miles on my 2020 Bighorn. Go out to start it and dead. Can drive after a jump start only. Unbelievable. Trip to the dealership tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I apologize for the trouble, @HNels108. Please be sure to keep us posted on your dealer visit, our team is always a private message away if you are in need of any additional support while working with them!

Mark
RamCares

HNels108

Reaction score
I apologize for the trouble, @HNels108. Please be sure to keep us posted on your dealer visit, our team is always a private message away if you are in need of any additional support while working with them!

Mark
RamCares

Hey Mark. My issue turned out to be a bad battery. That was replaced yesterday and everything was fine until I got in it just now and at 3489 miles I am getting errors to service my 4x4 system as well as the electronic stability control. I have to get it towed to the dealer for review. I called FCA today also to let them know about my issues. Hopefully we can get it resolved. But it sure has been a lot of trouble thus far. I haven't even had my truck 90 days and I've been stranded twice.

Attachments

• 20200825_172019.jpg
    20200825_172019.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 39

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey Mark. My issue turned out to be a bad battery. That was replaced yesterday and everything was fine until I got in it just now and at 3489 miles I am getting errors to service my 4x4 system as well as the electronic stability control. I have to get it towed to the dealer for review. I called FCA today also to let them know about my issues. Hopefully we can get it resolved. But it sure has been a lot of trouble thus far. I haven't even had my truck 90 days and I've been stranded twice.

Thank you for taking the time to keep me in the loop, I am deeply sorry for the continued trouble. If you would be interested in sending over your VIN via PM, I would be more than willing to check into this on my end to ensure that your case is being handled properly.

Mark
RamCares

tuckerjt07

Reaction score
Mine threw a code at 30 miles and is currently at the dealer waiting for a new etorque unit to come in.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

saylor

Reaction score
man

whats the over / under on ram recalling these trucks looooool

ive never read so many issues about a new

anything

with this many issues

BowDown

Reaction score
man

whats the over / under on ram recalling these trucks looooool

ive never read so many issues about a new

anything

with this many issues

Consider the source of what you're reading. How many people with ETorque never have an issue and never post on the topic? The way things are talked about on forums, you only hear the negatives, constantly. I'd bet the majority of etorque owners on this very forum have no issues, I know I've had none with etorque or anything else

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Consider the source of what you're reading. How many people with ETorque never have an issue and never post on the topic? The way things are talked about on forums, you only hear the negatives, constantly. I'd bet the majority of etorque owners on this very forum have no issues, I know I've had none with etorque or anything else
With over 50K forum members, you'd know if it was a widespread issue (and it's not).

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
As someone who had an issue with eTorque, I agree with this comment. It's not common at all.
You wanna see a common issue? Read about Rear-window leak....
But still, I had an eTorque issue but nothing with the back window... go figure o_O

rbundy84

Reaction score
I go back and forth on if I want one in a new Ram....I like the idea of it (my wife’s 2018 Pacifica has a similar set up and it’s awesome), and if I had my choice today I would want it but it’s not a deal breaker one way or another

ALT_F13

Reaction score
To influence the statistics - I've switched from non-eTorque 5.7L to eTorque 5.7L. No issues with the system what so ever. And you can see this system now in huge number of fleet work trucks travelling in the cities. Also, start/stop on 3.6L eTorque is so much better then on non-3.6L eTorque.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I go back and forth on if I want one in a new Ram....I like the idea of it (my wife’s 2018 Pacifica has a similar set up and it’s awesome), and if I had my choice today I would want it but it’s not a deal breaker one way or another
The Pacifica is not similar to eTorque whatsoever. With Pacifica you either have a straight up gas V6 Pentastar, or the plug-in hybrid with 2 electric motors and a V6 Pentastar tuned to Atkinson cycle all housed in the same "e-CVT" transaxle.

rbundy84

Reaction score
The Pacifica is not similar to eTorque whatsoever. With Pacifica you either have a straight up gas V6 Pentastar, or the plug-in hybrid with 2 electric motors and a V6 Pentastar tuned to Atkinson cycle all housed in the same "e-CVT" transaxle.
Gotcha - thanks!

Houstontiger

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a new 22 Longhorn etorque. Coming from a 19 non etorque Longhorn, I do regret making this purchase since this system is so jerky. It does not work if air-conditioning is working and it downshifts embarrassingly hard. No fuel savings whatsoever. Ram is not even offering non etorque anymore. I'm afraid that I will looking at another brand in the near future.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a new 22 Longhorn etorque. Coming from a 19 non etorque Longhorn, I do regret making this purchase since this system is so jerky. It does not work if air-conditioning is working and it downshifts embarrassingly hard. No fuel savings whatsoever. Ram is not even offering non etorque anymore. I'm afraid that I will looking at another brand in the near future.
I've had two Rams over four years with eTorque and both have been butter smooth. Sounds like there is something wrong with your truck. Going forward all trucks are going to be using this sort of technology.

speideljunkmail

Reaction score
6 weeks ago the eTorque system failed on my 2019 Ram 1500 at 64,000 miles. My local Chrysler Ram dealer/shop took it into their shop a month ago. They (and I) escalated the issue to Chrysler who updated me last week that they "have successfully negotiated a contract to purchase the raw materials needed to manufacture the eTorque replacement part but no time frame is currently available". They've told me to rent a car in the mean time and my case manager should approve the expense.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thankfully, its technically still under warrantee, but I have no idea what else I can do about this!

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
6 weeks ago the eTorque system failed on my 2019 Ram 1500 at 64,000 miles. My local Chrysler Ram dealer/shop took it into their shop a month ago. They (and I) escalated the issue to Chrysler who updated me last week that they "have successfully negotiated a contract to purchase the raw materials needed to manufacture the eTorque replacement part but no time frame is currently available". They've told me to rent a car in the mean time and my case manager should approve the expense.

Anyone else experiencing this? Thankfully, its technically still under warrantee, but I have no idea what else I can do about this!
What part did they say is defective? The generator/alternator assembly? That's about the only part I can think of that could fail other than the battery pack behind the seat. I just looked up the E-Torque unit on the engine, p/n 68438054AE and it shows my local dealer has in stock, list price is around $1300. Something doesn't seem right.

Users who are viewing this thread