5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine shutting down while driving

BobbyZ

Reaction score
I never thought my "fancy" truck could nearly kill me from malfunction.
I came here for research and Im shocked to see how many people have had this issue. Unfortunately, add me to the list. I experienced the slow right hand turn stall a few weeks ago, and again after that but there is no fix from the dealer. I’ve had my eye on the volt gauge ever since watching it creep down to low voltage. Reminds me of being a teenage girl watching gauges in whatever sh** box i was driving so that I didn’t break down.
Well today while at 75MPH on the freeway, attempting to pass a semi my 2022 Rebel GT 24k miles lost acceleration and shut off, same as the times before.
>low voltage warning>red battery symbol>clicking lights>complete shut off!! I was ready for the whole truck to lock up right there on the freeway becuase it usually engages the ebrake!
After a few seconds it re started itself!! while at 75mph!!! then the transmission slips like its going to lock up-im assuming because of the e-brake engagement it usually does and the fact that i was going 75mph?!! It then engaged to "normal operation" with a 13.1 voltage, so I sped back up and I got my as* to the dealership that was fortunately only 2 miles down the road trying not to panic.
My service lady came out and hooked it up for codes, what did she find?.... "nothing but B233C00 which is a random code" she said. Which means (as we all should be l familiar with by now) that they cannot do anything without data.
My husband asked for a call back from the service manager because of the severity of the danger this poses now. I'm too scared to drive it (not kidding). My dealership booked me for an appointment on Monday to open a case for the Chrysler engineers to review. In the driveway it will sit until then.

***Thanks to this forum, I have an entire list of things ya'll have suggested and tried for the mechanics to go through.***
-Test alternator output range -is amperage and output different at low and higher RPM?
-Check all ground connections -fuse box, battery, alternator etc.
-eTorque battery- power pack 48v dc>dc converter operational?
-MGU
-Fuse box terminals
-TSB 18-091-22? and update HCP, PCM and TCM if available
-Inspect RFH / replace RF hub (leaky window/ water damage)
-Running too rich? -Jerky take offs with major delay in acceleration, sometimes bogs down lower RPM while trying to accelerate at speeds above 55mph

Am I missing anything guys?
Of course, ill give my dealership a chance but Im close to raising hell if nothing is done. This is the first vehicle Ive EVER purchased from a dealership and we spent a lot of money on it. I'm so upset about this! I now have a $60k paperweight in my driveway.
-Corrie
Anything new on this Corrie?

Users who are viewing this thread