5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine shutting down while driving

Good morning
Still dealing with this issue of course.
Had an appointment with dodge yesterday. The truck of course stalled on the way into town, this time in the middle of traffic. (We were stopped in construction but still)
Anyway the "Dealership tested and verified complaint scanned for DTC'S found numerous low voltage DTC'S. ran and found vehicle, not charging properly. tested charging system - Okay, perform battery load test and found battery failed-ten volts @ 0 CCA"
Here is thier correction: Replaced faulty battery assembly.
Period checked and cleaned 48. Volt pass through connector as well period road tested extensively to try To duplicate stalling, -
No issues noted. Auto, stop-start working properly at this time.
Anyway, my service advisor has said that they Found that the 48V passthrough connector Was faulty on another vehicle that was having the same issue. Changed the connector and the person has not had an issue since.So maybe this is something that we all need to look into. I just got This work completed yesterday. So I cannot say a hundred percent sure that this is a fixed but fingers crossed it is.

Has there been any reports of this happening with the 2024? I have a 2024 V6 pentastar Big Horn. My wife and I are taking it on a 10-11 hour trip this week but after reading this thread I’m almost afraid to drive it now. Anyone know if this was ever corrected?
Supposedly this only affects tho 2019 - 2022 etorque models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back