5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

e-Torque Battery Pack replacement

kjackson1134

Reaction score
This kinda puts me on guard, but my E-Torque Rebel is up to 15k miles so far w/o issues so far...fingers crossed.
I thought my e torque was bad , or 24 volt battery, it wasn't nothing but the ground wire running from underneath the 24 volt battery that grounds to the floor . The whole screw was loose and losing it ground . But it cause my truck disabled auto start and stop , and battery , check in dash to come on.

Oldphart

Reaction score
With so many electronics on vehicles today, I'd say an extended warranty is a safe move.
You don't have to buy it from your dealer. There are good deals posted on this forum for Mopar warranty

I was planning on going with the 7yr Unlimited Mileage. Mopar is quoting $4,035.00 with a $200 deductible. I've had issues with 3rd party warranties in the past but open to a good deal from a reputable company.

kjackson1134

Reaction score
I've been having issues with electrical in my 2019 RAM e-Torque that has 3300 miles on it. I was driving to Fairbanks about 260 miles outside Anchorage when the problems started April 4th - truck died. Went black. They said towing was arranged would be back in town the following day. In truth, they let it sit on the side of the road for 3 days in the middle of nowhere - I only knew that because one of our haul drivers was taking a piece of heavy equipment up the highway, and he told me it was still there. It was finally towed back to Anchorage April 8th and they've had it since. They called me and narrowed it down to the 48v battery pack, and then told me the unit is on back order, and they had no idea when they would be getting one.

Is there any legal steps I can take here? This just seems completely unacceptable to me. $71,000 truck I bought in Feb, after the first one I bought in Nov. was totaled. This one hasn't been in my possession in almost 2 months.

Has anyone had experience with the battery being replaced? How long did it take?
Turns out I had the similar issues with etorque, with battery and auto start lights on in the dash and occasionally check engine light on. but the problem turned out to be a bad etorque ground cable running from 48 volt etorque battery that ground to the truck frame by the 48volt battery. Was bad not properly grounding...$60.00 ground cable

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Turns out I had the similar issues with etorque, with battery and auto start lights on in the dash and occasionally check engine light on. but the problem turned out to be a bad etorque ground cable running from 48 volt etorque battery that ground to the truck frame by the 48volt battery. Was bad not properly grounding...$60.00 ground cable
I have heard this before about a bad ground...great it's that simple if they can diagnose it correctly.

etorquehemi

Reaction score
You’re kidding me right? Did you read this thread? I’m the OP and you just ignore it?

I STILL don’t have my truck. I’ve been driving the loaner for over 60 DAYS.
I have a 2021 ram 1500.e torque.battery drops to 12.6 then to 11.8.have a clunking noise when u let off gas and slowly hi gas paddle again.its in the rear end.believe etorque not working correctly. My truck has died several times even after the update.have a vibration issue from start of purchasing vehicle new

etorquehemi

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500.e torque.battery drops to 12.6 then to 11.8.have a clunking noise when u let off gas and slowly hi gas paddle again.its in the rear end.believe etorque not working correctly. My truck has died several times even after the update.have a vibration issue from start of purchasing vehicle new
Dealerships do not want to due any warranty work period.very dissatisfied with dealerships.been to 5 different ones in tn.same o same o.cant duplicate. Tired hearing it.bout to trade truck and charger in because of service issues

U

User_3336

Dealerships do not want to due any warranty work period.very dissatisfied with dealerships.been to 5 different ones in tn.same o same o.cant duplicate. Tired hearing it.bout to trade truck and charger in because of service issues
HUH?

U

User_3336

about to trade the truck "AND CHARGER"??? What are you talking about?

U

User_3336

I'm assuming that he is so mad that he wants to get rid of his truck and car. He'll fix them.
OH, a Dodge Charger. I was thinking a "charger" like a battery charger, DUH! Musta been late! LOL

Geddyflea

Reaction score

Translation:

Gentlemen, I pray I find you well this fine afternoon.

It would seem that Ram dealerships no longer wish, or are able to perform quality warranty repairs! I have taken my vehicle to five (5) different dealerships in the Tennessee area and have had no satisfaction in having my truck repaired. Every dealership has told me that there are no problems and my issue can't be duplicated!
I am very discouraged with my Ram warranty results. I am convinced that trading my truck and a secondary vehicle, a Dodge Charger , will send a message to the corporate wonks that I am at wits end and I am washing my hands of this entire affair.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Ttanslation:

Gentlemen, I pray I find you well this fine afternoon.

It would seem that Ram dealerships no longer wish, or are able to perform quality warranty repairs! I have taken my vehicle to five (5) different dealerships in the Tennessee area and have had no satisfaction in having my truck repaired. Every dealership has told me that there are no problems and my issue can't be duplicated!
I am very discouraged with my Ram warranty results. I am convinced that trading my truck and a secondary vehicle, a Dodge Charger , will send a message to the corporate wonks that I am at wits end and I am washing my hands of this entire affair.
Even though it was written in gibberish, I understood it. That's why I suggested reading with a southern drawl. I have relatives in the south. I also am not as fluent, but understand mild ebonics.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.

I'm wondering what type of response he gets from the NAV system when he tries to give it verbal input.

Steve

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also grew up in souther NC. It seems like a central nc Walmart dialect.

That said, if that’s how he talks to his service advisors. It makes sense they don’t want to deal with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jermanoid

Reaction score
I thought my e torque was bad , or 24 volt battery, it wasn't nothing but the ground wire running from underneath the 24 volt battery that grounds to the floor . The whole screw was loose and losing it ground . But it cause my truck disabled auto start and stop , and battery , check in dash to come on.
Were you able to tell where the wire was grounded at? Like behind the seat or underneath the truck? Or was it just what the service guys told you?

jermanoid

Reaction score
Mine was doing that. It's still with the dealer service waiting for a 48v etorque battery to ship for the past week, And i'm without a loaner in the meantime. pretty frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread