5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Service Manual

shaveman

Reaction score
The confusion continues. First off I would like to thank Katherine at Mopar Tech Authority. She was very helpful and friendly at figuring this mess out. So we got to the point of having my purchase refunded and have UPS come to my house to pick up the mislabeled wrong USB and return it. You are not going to believe what we found out next. The order form including the order number inside my package was for someone else. The USB is mislabeled, my package is mislabeled, what is going on? This package was suppose to go to Texas. The right order number is important because that is how they credit my account. Fortunately Katherine knew what she was doing and was able to tag the return to my account. So that should be the end to this unfortunate incident. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions, especially Tom488.
Glad it looks like they sorted it out for you! You're right, I can hardly believe it. Monkeys could run product fulfillment better than this.

Raydar

Reaction score
Monkeys could run product fulfillment better than this.

Don't forget...
"For hire" generic call center. The people on the phone are NOT FCA. (Just MHO, of course.)

Does anyone have the email address from your return packing list/return label? THAT may actually work.

Tommym

Reaction score
Don't forget...
"For hire" generic call center. The people on the phone are NOT FCA. (Just MHO, of course.)

Does anyone have the email address from your return packing list/return label? THAT may actually work.

This is what I have (didn't try it)

[email protected]

Tommym

Reaction score
Tech authority called me back, issued an authorization #, they had UPS pick up the USB Drive and issued me a full refund. That's the end of my story.

Raydar

Reaction score
Thank you for that update. I am still waiting for mine. They told me that they understood the problem, and were going to send me a new one.
Of course, they couldn't give me an order number, and knew absolutely nothing else about it.
But they are going to send me a new one. :rolleyes:

Raydar

Reaction score
But they are going to send me a new one. :rolleyes:

...and it just showed up, today. And it's still the wrong effing content. Still for the "DS" truck.
I am beyond pissed.

Sent an email (a very polite one, actually) to the address posted above.
Maybe, by some stretch of luck, it will go to someone who actually can fix this, and not the lobotomized call center people at the 800 number.

Tommym

Reaction score
...and it just showed up, today. And it's still the wrong effing content. Still for the "DS" truck.
I am beyond pissed.

Sent an email (a very polite one, actually) to the address posted above.
Maybe, by some stretch of luck, it will go to someone who actually can fix this, and not the lobotomized call center people at the 800 number.

I feel your pain. If you call again, ask for Katherine. She is aware of the problem.

Raydar

Reaction score
Okay... decided to go a different route.
They issued an RA # and will have UPS pick up the second one, and refund my card.
The return emails sounded a little more intelligent than the call center personnel. The person who answered me (Joan M) assured me that they had the problem fixed, but they also told me that the first time. Regardless, I'm tired of screwing around with these people.

FCA should be ashamed. But I guess everyone is going to the "Phone slave, hired gun" call center, so maybe they aren't any more ****-poor than some others.
Now, maybe I can get back to enjoying my Ram. :D

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided to take a chance and ordered the Mopar Tech Authority 81-370-19074-SUSB service manual. Received yesterday (9-6-19). It was a little bit difficult, at first, to open on the computer but I followed the instructions from Tom488 and eventually I got it. Thank you Tom! The manual was the correct one for the DT Rams so it looks like Tech Authority has the previous problem straightened out. I just wanted other forum members to know.

Raydar

Reaction score
Tech authority called me back, issued an authorization #, they had UPS pick up the USB Drive and issued me a full refund. That's the end of my story.

So... how long did it take to get your refund credited to your card?
They told me 15 business days. Still haven't seen it.
I just emailed them and told them that I would be disputing the charge, tomorrow.
I'm almost sorry I bought this G-D truck.

Tommym

Reaction score
So... how long did it take to get your refund credited to your card?
They told me 15 business days. Still haven't seen it.
I just emailed them and told them that I would be disputing the charge, tomorrow.
I'm almost sorry I bought this G-D truck.

I still haven't received my credit. I was thinking the same thing today, so I contacted my credit card company (that wasn't an easy phone call either). They called Tech Authority who confirmed the refund was still in process. So they filed a credit card dispute and credited my card the full amount. It should show up within 7 days. Hopefully it is all done now. I am tired of this whole thing.

Raydar

Reaction score
Thanks. I just submitted my dispute a couple of hours ago.
Wondering what else I can do. I'm in the mood to raise a little hell. :D

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Steve, I must be dumb! :oops: I just got it. Every time I saw your signature, I thought to myself that you had done a mod to your Ram. I kept thinking you had your springs powder coated by someone named Steve in Atlanta, Georgia. I guess I should have read that a little more carefully. I'm really not kidding. But I understand it now. That's your name and you live in Powder Springs, GA. Well, don't ever look for me to be on Jeopardy!

Raydar

Reaction score
Finally got my refund, on Tuesday.
I have to believe that they actually refunded "ahead of" the dispute. Regardless... It's a hell of a way to do business.

... Every time I saw your signature, I thought to myself that you had done a mod to your Ram. I kept thinking you had your springs powder coated by someone named Steve in Atlanta, Georgia.

Hah! That's a heck of an idea!
(Don't feel bad. I misread a FB meme yesterday, about "new boots", and thought it said "new boobs".)

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gunphreek, once you receive it, if you have trouble getting it to open on your computer, just follow Tom488 instructions on this thread. His instructions worked for me. (y)

GKBennett

Reaction score
So after reading all this I looked on the techauthority website and saw that 2020 Ram 1500 DT service manual was available and purchased a USB card. It was the correct one but, Like most everyone else, it was a hassle just to open the program to view anything. My Win10 had issues with auto.inf file even though I had autoplay enabled. Probably my Antivirus or something. I created a batch file that works perfect though. Open up Notepad and enter the following:
@echo off
Start F:\Unlock_Manual.exe
timeout 4
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "F:\common\html\default.htm"

Click Save as... and name and save to your desktop with the .bat extension. Make sure Notepad doesn't append .txt to it. If so, just simply rename and remove the .txt extension so your file should look like "1500 Ram Service Manual.bat" or whatever name you want.

F: is my USB drive. The timeout is so IE opens after the windows explorer opens so it doesn't cover up IE. Crude but I don't have to jump through all the hoops anymore, just insert the USB and hit the .bat file on my desktop. At least this is what works for me. Maybe it can help someone else.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
.. change SAVE AS type to ALL FILES and the .txt extension is gone :)

1588717482839.png

1588717499641.png
Looks good! Thanks for the info!

Tim N

Users who are viewing this thread