5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Service Manual

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you Tom. Very much appreciated.

As Tom stated, the correct publication number for 2019 5th generation Ram Truck 1500 (DT)- Service Information is (81-370-19074-SUSB). I ordered mine on Wednesday (10 July 2019) and received an email confirmation the following day. I spoke to a live person when I placed my order and there was no mention of it being on back order.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 May 2018. Now at 017858 miles.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, I received the Ram 1500 Dt Service Manual, PN 81-370-19074-SUSB, and I cannot get this thing to install on my computer which meets the minimum hardware requirements and is running Windows 10. Has anybody else had issues with this?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 018008 miles.

Tom488

Reaction score
Ok, I received the Ram 1500 Dt Service Manual, PN 81-370-19074-SUSB, and I cannot get this thing to install on my computer which meets the minimum hardware requirements and is running Windows 10. Has anybody else had issues with this?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 018008 miles.
Can you open the USB drive in File Explorer once you insert the drive?

If so, navigate to the common\html folder, left-click, then right-click 'default.htm', select 'Open With', and choose 'Internet Explorer'.

You should then be able to click 'ENTER Service Information Manual'

If that works, let me know, and we can create a shortcut to make that a little more streamlined.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you open the USB drive in File Explorer once you insert the drive?

If so, navigate to the common\html folder, left-click, then right-click 'default.htm', select 'Open With', and choose 'Internet Explorer'.

You should then be able to click 'ENTER Service Information Manual'

If that works, let me know, and we can create a shortcut to make that a little more streamlined.

Hello Tom,

Yes, I can open the USB drive in File Manager. Although the file names on my USB drive don't quite match the names in your instructions, I did manage to open the service manual. But I'd hate to go through that process every time.

Your additional help on a shortcut would be greatly appreciated.

With sincere thanks,
Dusty

Tom488

Reaction score
Your additional help on a shortcut would be greatly appreciated.
Okay. I'll assume your USB drive is D: - adjust accordingly if not

Right-click the desktop, select "New", then "Shortcut". For the name, put in:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
(include the quotes)
Click Next
For the name, put something like '2019 Dodge Ram 1500 DT Service Manual'
Click Finish

Now, right-click your new shortcut, and select Properties.
Click in the 'Target' box, and at the end of the target string, add a space and the following (use the quotes):
"D:\common\html\default.htm"
So the whole "Target" string should read:
"C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" "D:\common\html\default.htm"

Click OK

Try your new shortcut

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't say use EDGE. I'm a chrome guy myself but have to use IE with some server stuff I run at home.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay. I'll assume your USB drive is D: - adjust accordingly if not

Right-click the desktop, select "New", then "Shortcut". For the name, put in:
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
(include the quotes)
Click Next
For the name, put something like '2019 Dodge Ram 1500 DT Service Manual'
Click Finish

Now, right-click your new shortcut, and select Properties.
Click in the 'Target' box, and at the end of the target string, add a space and the following (use the quotes):
"D:\common\html\default.htm"
So the whole "Target" string should read:
"C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" "D:\common\html\default.htm"

Click OK

Try your new shortcut
Tom, that worked like a charm! Many thanks.

Any idea why some graphics aren't showing up? The ones I've checked that won't open appear to all be .pngs.

I've switched off ActiveX, but that didn't make any difference.

Bests,
Dusty

Tom488

Reaction score
Tom, that worked like a charm! Many thanks.

Any idea why some graphics aren't showing up? The ones I've checked that won't open appear to all be .pngs.
Give me a specific example of what won't load (ie. 05 - Brakes, ABS, Description, Description and Operation - the .PNG file at the top of the page, file:///D://en_US/graphics/GUID-0502137673.png, doesn't display). You can get the filename by right-clicking on the blank image, and selecting properties

Tom488

Reaction score
I'm glad you didn't say use EDGE. I'm a chrome guy myself but have to use IE with some server stuff I run at home.
Believe me, I'd be MUCH happier if it worked with Chrome - but it's all ActiveX crap. We're stuck with IE.

It's at least better than the earlier manuals on CD. The one for my '09 Ram would only run with IE7. Later versions of IE had to be configured to emulate the old browser, through the dev. console.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Believe me, I'd be MUCH happier if it worked with Chrome - but it's all ActiveX crap. We're stuck with IE.

It's at least better than the earlier manuals on CD. The one for my '09 Ram would only run with IE7. Later versions of IE had to be configured to emulate the old browser, through the dev. console.
Why not run the IE extension in Chrome? This enables you to "emulate" IE (and use ActiveX) with Chrome.

Tom488

Reaction score
Why not run the IE extension in Chrome? This enables you to "emulate" IE (and use ActiveX) with Chrome.
Okay - that works, if not a little tedious. You have to launch the browser, click past two "warning - this only works with IE" dialogs, then click the IE tab icon, THEN you can finally enter the service manual. I'll still probably do it this way, but for those looking for single-click access to the service manual, the only choice is IE.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Give me a specific example of what won't load (ie. 05 - Brakes, ABS, Description, Description and Operation - the .PNG file at the top of the page, file:///D://en_US/graphics/GUID-0502137673.png, doesn't display). You can get the filename by right-clicking on the blank image, and selecting properties

03- Differential & Driveline, Rear Axle - C235, Adjustments, Fig. 7 (GUID-0328139454.png), Fig. 8 (GUID-0328139453.png), as well as Figs 10 & 20 in the same procedure.

Regards,
Dusty

Last edited:

Tom488

Reaction score
03- Differential & Driveline, Rear Axle - C235, Adjustments, Fig. 7 (GUID-0328139454.png), Fig. 8 (GUID-0328139453.png), as well as Figs 10 & 20 in the same procedure.

Regards,
Dusty
Very strange. What happens if you browse to that location directly with file explorer (d:\en_US\graphics), and view the .PNG file directly?
Maybe we should take this to email, as riveting as this back and forth troubleshooting must be to the 5th Gen Ram community at large :)
Feel free to email me at my screen name here, 'at' gee-male dot com (after you fix my spelling of Google's email service)

Tommym

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Been following this thread and just ordered mine.

Raydar

Reaction score
Annnd five days later I get my USB-credit-card-looking-thing. Label says 81-370-19074-SUSB.
When I jump through the hoops and get it to open on my computer, it's for the DS truck. :mad:

Called Techauthority. "We'll launch an investigation, and get back with you within two business days."
I'm thinking, "No... Why don't you just send me the correct device, with the correct information on it?!"
Glad I paid with a credit card. This is yet another (albeit minor) unpleasant surprise that I've received, since I started this relationship with FCA.

Anyway... I still appreciate all the assistance that I've received here. Thanks again! This is a great forum.

shaveman

Reaction score
Annnd five days later I get my USB-credit-card-looking-thing. Label says 81-370-19074-SUSB.
When I jump through the hoops and get it to open on my computer, it's for the DS truck. :mad:
:poop:

I guess I will hold off ordering. What a beating!

Tommym

Reaction score
Now I'm worried about what I will receive in a couple of dayso_O

Tom488

Reaction score
Does the front of the card say:
2019 SERVICE INFORMATION
RAM TRUCK 1500 (DT)

Shoot me a private msg. here if you can't get it resolved w/ Tech Authority, or if you just don't want to wait for them. I can most likely fix it for you.

Raydar

Reaction score
Does the front of the card say:
2019 SERVICE INFORMATION
RAM TRUCK 1500 (DT)

It does. Everything looks as I would have expected, until I started poking around in the files. ("Wait... That looks like a "Classic" grill... That doesn't look like my exhaust... That doesn't look like my cluster or center stack..." Blah, blah, blah... )

Thanks for the offer. I'm not in a huge hurry. Let's see what transpires with Tech Authority. I'll keep everyone posted.

Users who are viewing this thread