5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Service Manual

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Believe me, I'd be MUCH happier if it worked with Chrome - but it's all ActiveX crap. We're stuck with IE.

It's at least better than the earlier manuals on CD. The one for my '09 Ram would only run with IE7. Later versions of IE had to be configured to emulate the old browser, through the dev. console.

Me too (for my 99 Cobra)

Tom488

Reaction score
It does. Everything looks as I would have expected, until I started poking around in the files. ("Wait... That looks like a "Classic" grill... That doesn't look like my exhaust... That doesn't look like my cluster or center stack..." Blah, blah, blah... )
So your main screen doesn't show the correct model?

And, the grill, for example, doesn't show the following?

Tommym

Reaction score
Today I received my 81-370-19074-SUSB 02/2019 from MOPAR Tech Authority and just like Raydar, it is the wrong one.

USB Card labeled
2019 SERVICE INFORMATION
RAM TRUCK 1500 (DT)

Open it up and screens reads
2019 DS-RAM 1500 PICKUP

So what is the best way to get this right? Contact MOPAR Tech Authority or pm Tom488?

IMG_2446.jpg IMG_2447.jpg

shaveman

Reaction score
Today I received my 81-370-19074-SUSB 02/2019 from MOPAR Tech Authority and just like Raydar, it is the wrong one.

USB Card labeled
2019 SERVICE INFORMATION
RAM TRUCK 1500 (DT)

2019 DS-RAM 1500 PICKUP

So what is the best way to get this right? Contact MOPAR Tech Authority or pm Tom488?

View attachment 31840 View attachment 31841
I would at least contact Tech Authority and make them aware of the mistake. Hopefully with enough complaints they will stop screwing this up and it will save future purchasers from the hassle.

Tom488

Reaction score
I would at least contact Tech Authority and make them aware of the mistake. Hopefully with enough complaints they will stop screwing this up and it will save future purchasers from the hassle.
And if you get the same brain-dead, cable company CSR retread that I got - hang up and call back ;)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

USB Card labeled
2019 SERVICE INFORMATION
RAM TRUCK 1500 (DT)

2019 DS-RAM 1500 PICKUP

View attachment 31840 View attachment 31841

since that is a drop down menu, what else is under that "DS - RAM 1500 PICKUP"

Tommym

Reaction score
Contacted Tech Authority. They are going to "expedite" (their word) looking into why it is mislabeled. They said I'll be contacted in 24-48 hours. Once they figure that out, then they will contact me for return and replacement

Raydar

Reaction score
Contacted Tech Authority. They are going to "expedite" (their word) looking into why it is mislabeled. They said I'll be contacted in 24-48 hours. Once they figure that out, then they will contact me for return and replacement

Good luck with that. I've talked with them several times. They said it is "escalated to their help desk". Whatever the hell that is supposed to mean. I told them that if they didn't hurry up and make it right, that I was going to just charge back my credit card and be done with them. But I really want the manual, too...

Tommym

Reaction score
Tech Authority called me on Wednesday and said they would have UPS pick it up on Thursday. Suppose to call me back on Thursday with authorization number. They did not call. UPS came and I let him take it (I have my receipt). I will call on Monday and probably cancel the whole thing.

Tommym

Reaction score
The Struggle continues. I called on Monday and they informed me they had expedited a new one out. It came today. Same as the last one. LABELED WRONG
I told them to just pick it up and credit my account. I tried to explain what the problem is but they weren't listening to me. Conversation ended with they are going to expedite my request and contact me in 24 to 48 hours.

IMG_2462.jpg IMG_2463.jpg

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you able to tell if the items within are DT or DS (or did I miss that part)?

If the setup is like my Ford CD/DVD, you could always just edit the "web pages" to the proper 'listing' within the dropdown .. I had a missing image on my Ford DVD (the image name was over 8 characters long, but the 'web page' only read the first 8 characters, so all I would get is a pretty red X") Once I created a copy of the image as the image1~1.jpg it worked. I'm still waiting for the wiring one so I can purchase both at the same time.

Tommym

Reaction score
Are you able to tell if the items within are DT or DS (or did I miss that part)?

Not me, that is why I want the DT version.
I can tell you the DT version comes with 5 engine selections (ERG 3.6L 24V V.V.T W/BSG, EXH 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel, EZH 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS V.V.T, V8 Hemi MDS V.V.T W/BSG, and ETN 6.7L).
The DS version only has 3 engine selections (ERB 3.6L, EXF 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel and EZH 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS V.V.T )

Raydar

Reaction score
Well? I finally got an RA number. Said that they had already attempted one pickup. (Before I even got the RA number. Go figure.)
Said they're not going to send me a replacement until they have my original one in hand. They really don't seem to mind that they've had ~$130 of my money tied up for at least three weeks while I've gotten exactly "bugger all".
Truly, they seem to be some of the most brainless, apathetic people I have ever dealt with. Dare I say worse than the Comcastards.

At this point I'm so pissed off at having to deal with these lethargic cretins that I'm almost sorry I didn't buy a Chevy. And the truck itself hasn't even had any issues.

Raydar

Reaction score
Something additional... "Tech Authority" may not be Tech Authority at all. It may be a "for hire" telemarketing/call center. Which would explain a lot of the "air-headedness".
Read on...
I have an ancient landline, and receive an annoying number of telemarketer calls. If I'm at home, and receive a call from an "unknown" number, I usually just pick up and hang up immediately.
If the same caller persists (which almost never happens) they get an earful.
The "Tech Authority" outbound number is 313-957-5100. Shows up on caller ID as "unknown".
If you Google that number, it shows up as any number of different entities, from insurance companies to telemarketers - most with fairly unkind reviews. But never a mention of Tech Authority.
Well.. they tried to call me, yesterday. Repeatedly. I googled the number, as I was sitting at the computer when the phone rang. Yep... They got the full treatment. Both barrels. They stopped calling.
They called back today (same unknown number) when I wasn't home, and left a message saying who they are, and requesting a callback. <sigh>

I really felt bad about blistering the agent's ears. (Contrary to what you all may think, I don't enjoy being a "posterior orifice". I've just already reached my 2019 BS quota, and the overload is quite unpleasant.) Still... it's a hell of a way to run a business as large as Mopar, using an "unknown" caller ID.
But if they're just "for rent" phone agents, it would explain them not having the slightest idea what I was talking about, when I described the problem.

I might suggest, going forward, using their email address.
I would post it, except that it's on the return instructions. (Which double as a shipping label/packing slip, and have already been affixed to the return envelope. Doh!)
Maybe one of the other folks here still has it.

shaveman

Reaction score
@Raydar Good grief that's frustrating as hell! If any good has come of this, it's that they aren't getting MY money. :)

Tommym

Reaction score
The confusion continues. First off I would like to thank Katherine at Mopar Tech Authority. She was very helpful and friendly at figuring this mess out. So we got to the point of having my purchase refunded and have UPS come to my house to pick up the mislabeled wrong USB and return it. You are not going to believe what we found out next. The order form including the order number inside my package was for someone else. The USB is mislabeled, my package is mislabeled, what is going on? This package was suppose to go to Texas. The right order number is important because that is how they credit my account. Fortunately Katherine knew what she was doing and was able to tag the return to my account. So that should be the end to this unfortunate incident. Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions, especially Tom488.

Users who are viewing this thread