5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

diesel shortage

n8zcc

Reaction score
You can buy used 55 gallon drums from Facebook marketplace and Craigslist. There are a ton in my area around $20 each. I believe you can attach pumps to the drums.
Just an FYI, any moisture that collects in the drum will promote those pesky microbes that eat hydrocarbons and live in the layer betwent the diesel and water. I've seen a few YouTubes of guys and the pain they went through to get them out.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, any moisture that collects in the drum will promote those pesky microbes that eat hydrocarbons and live in the layer betwent the diesel and water. I've seen a few YouTubes of guys and the pain they went through to get them out.
don’t use plastic for long term storage if possible

n8zcc

Reaction score
don’t use plastic for long term storage if possible
Why? Is it plastic in general like totes that were designed for beat juice or other food products? What about plastic fuel cans?

You need to offer up more information that supports your statement to help us understand.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still VERY interested in the increased numbers posted upstream. Or, are they not related to production and just show export?

That increase is counter to some information (propaganda?) I've heard.

If true, then the supply should be able to outstrip demand.

Obviously, if production is relatively stable (or declining) but EXPORTS are far higher than the have been, then domestic supply will be far lower than demand and we get the higher fuel prices we see at the pumps.

So, I'm off to look at some PRODUCTION numbers.

:)

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why so snide? I bolded, and reddened, your snide start. The chart you posted after that is nice. It shows 2021 and 2022...answering my question in my earlier post. Note: you did NOT provide this chart previously.

Let me help you, it is RIGHT HERE, LITERALLY THE FIRST LINK I POSTED.

Clicky this
U.S. Exports of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

which goes to U.S. Exports of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

The data table is below the graph.
You can toggle it from annual to monthy at the radio button at the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm still VERY interested in the increased numbers posted upstream. Or, are they not related to production and just show export?

That increase is counter to some information (propaganda?) I've heard.

If true, then the supply should be able to outstrip demand.

Obviously, if production is relatively stable (or declining) but EXPORTS are far higher than the have been, then domestic supply will be far lower than demand and we get the higher fuel prices we see at the pumps.

So, I'm off to look at some PRODUCTION numbers.

:)
It is all on the site

just hit the data dropdown and go fishing in the rabbit hole. You can view it all kinds of ways, by every single country, by port of entry or exit, what product(s).

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My set up. Works well.
Nice setup, I see that your fuel tank is installed inside a shed, away from the direct sunlight,

Questions, I can see jugs of DEF in the image, your signature shows that you have a 22 Ram with the Hemi and a 06 Ram 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins, neither require DEF, does your Kubota tractor require DEF? My 2016 Kubota doesn’t, but it is the small BX series, so why have DEF?

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice setup, I see that your fuel tank is installed inside a shed, away from the direct sunlight,

Questions, I can see jugs of DEF in the image, your signature shows that you have a 22 Ram with the Hemi and a 06 Ram 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins, neither require DEF, does your Kubota tractor require DEF? My 2016 Kubota doesn’t, but it is the small BX series, so why have DEF?
Tank is actually in my large pole barn.

Yea, my Kubota is a M5-111 and a 2018 model I think, (too lazy to look it up now) but it does require DEF. However it really sips the DEF, so much slower that my past 2019 6.7 Cummins.

I have had other Kubotas ( love them ) MX5100 and M4950 which did not require the DEF, but this newer and bigger one does. The 105 HP and cab is very nice.

Been in the woods chasing whitetails!

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tank is actually in my large pole barn.

Yea, my Kubota is a M5-111 and a 2018 model I think, (too lazy to look it up now) but it does require DEF. However it really sips the DEF, so much slower that my past 2019 6.7 Cummins.

I have had other Kubotas ( love them ) MX5100 and M4950 which did not require the DEF, but this newer and bigger one does. The 105 HP and cab is very nice.

Been in the woods chasing whitetails!
Thanks for the reply

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just saw local station on
Staten Island, NYC
diesel $6.59, cash $6.49
Ouch

VernDiesel

Reaction score
When the current administration took office and immediately attacked our energy sector I picked up a 45 gallon tank for the back of my truck. (a benefit of diesel) Shortly I bought two inexpensive used 275 gallon containers to store fuel. Bought it for 2.69 a gallon. Covered it as it was stored above ground and treated it. Knowing I should use it in a year I used it when fuel was up to about 5.50 a gallon.

I was hoping to refill them at about $4 as I suspected this administration would try to temporarily drive down fuel prices before mid terms. Unfortunately I never got it done. My main concern isn't saving some money. (last time over $1500) But making sure I have fuel when needed if we return to fuel shortages and "supply chain issues". Gas lines and outages like we had in the 70s when President Carter was in office with policies and agendas much like that of our current administration.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
When the current administration took office and immediately attacked our energy sector I picked up a 45 gallon tank for the back of my truck. (a benefit of diesel) Shortly I bought two inexpensive used 275 gallon containers to store fuel. Bought it for 2.69 a gallon. Covered it as it was stored above ground and treated it. Knowing I should use it in a year I used it when fuel was up to about 5.50 a gallon.

I was hoping to refill them at about $4 as I suspected this administration would try to temporarily drive down fuel prices before mid terms. Unfortunately I never got it done. My main concern isn't saving some money per gallon (last time over $1500) but making sure I have some when needed if we return to fuel "supply chain issues" and shortages and lines like we had in the 70s when President Carter was in office with policies and agendas much like that of our current administration.
Sounds like a good plan. It’s sad we’re even talking about this, when we were energy independent two years ago.

Chris3058

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In his defence, he probably meant diesel has dropped over 30 cent per litre the past week. Simply move the word over over!
I’m sorry that you missed that.
In his defence, he probably meant diesel has dropped over 30 cent per litre the past week. Simply move the word over over!
I’m sorry that you missed that. 😂
tough crowd lmfao. And yes. I’m sorry. Bwahahahaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread