5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Checklist

ashott989

Reaction score
Has anyone traveled to a dealer, like flying one way to Mark Dodge in Louisiana from Tennessee, and found issues? How would you address? I'm planning to do this and won't be able to just leave the vehicle with them as I'll have to get back to Tennessee for work?

Which also brings up the question of how would they address warranty issues if they came up. Hopefully they'd let me take it to a local CDJR dealership and there'd be no costs to me.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone traveled to a dealer, like flying one way to Mark Dodge in Louisiana from Tennessee, and found issues? How would you address? I'm planning to do this and won't be able to just leave the vehicle with them as I'll have to get back to Tennessee for work?

Which also brings up the question of how would they address warranty issues if they came up. Hopefully they'd let me take it to a local CDJR dealership and there'd be no costs to me.
I’m in the same boat and plan to go to MD when my truck arrives. I had the same concerns as you but after a long talk with Aaron my worries dissipated. For some reason, even though I’ve never dealt with him or MD, I trust him to do as he says. As far warranty goes, any dealer should provide warranty service. Really no different than if you moved across the country, you would still need warranty service.

Reaction score
Took deliver of my Rebel last week but just noticed they got the spray on bed liner on the tailgate paint. Looks like a thumb print, detailer tried buffing it out and won’t come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On_Boooost

Reaction score
Thanks so much to the OP for compiling this list - and for the updates everyone has added.

I have just sold my F150 (5th in a row) and looking forward to my Ram!

I'm about to fly 2000Klms to rural Qld (im in AU) to pick up my 22 1500 limited and attempter to drive it home - we are having major flood issues....
I have forwarded this list to my dealer - so he knows what he's in for on Monday.....

Reaction score
Anyone here had any issues with their truck pick up? When I picked mine up, it was dark out, they hadn’t washed it at my request since they don’t use microfiber towels, but I did ask them to hose it down which they didn’t. The next day I found spray on bed liner on the handle of the tailgate, on the roof where the plastic piece goes in the metal isn’t straight on one side kind of comes out in the middle, a scratch on the bed but in-between the cab and the bed, a scratch on the trim on the inside of the truck, and the plastic trim by your feet that’s on the console has a dent. Dealer fixed the tailgate but the other issues haven’t been resolved. I also did notice a knocking noise the first 300 miles periodically on very cold days but I haven’t heard it since.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Anyone here had any issues with their truck pick up? When I picked mine up, it was dark out, they hadn’t washed it at my request since they don’t use microfiber towels, but I did ask them to hose it down which they didn’t. The next day I found spray on bed liner on the handle of the tailgate, on the roof where the plastic piece goes in the metal isn’t straight on one side kind of comes out in the middle, a scratch on the bed but in-between the cab and the bed, a scratch on the trim on the inside of the truck, and the plastic trim by your feet that’s on the console has a dent. Dealer fixed the tailgate but the other issues haven’t been resolved. I also did notice a knocking noise the first 300 miles periodically on very cold days but I haven’t heard it since.
IMO, once you take delivery and there is nothing on the "due bill" you are out of luck.

but try getting @RamCares involved

do not fill out the survey until everything is satisfactory

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
I remember when I first got a text from the GM that my truck just came in. It was 1/2 hour before sunset and I was 18 feet in a treestand. He asked if I wanted to come and get it, he could have it ready in an hour. I said, no, take your time and detail it out. I will pick it up the next day late in the morning. This worked out well, they had plenty of time to clean and prep it. I also brought a copy of my build sheet and went through almost every item, especially anything that was part of a paid option package. Very happy with how everything came out......Glad I didn't accept to pick it up the night before, it would have been dark and they would have been rushed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this "knocking noise" concern with your certified Ram dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Ram Cares

BNJMN

Reaction score
Has anyone else taken delivery and noticed the vin is not viewable through the windshield?

BNJMN

Reaction score
It looks like a piece of paper tape, shined a light on it and can't see if the vin is below it or was supposed to be installed on top of it. Will be a good conversation with the dealer at the first oil change :)

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like a piece of paper tape, shined a light on it and can't see if the vin is below it or was supposed to be installed on top of it. Will be a good conversation with the dealer at the first oil change :)
its weird, but my vin on that spot is black ink on what looks like a white piece of tape or vinyl or paper or something but definitely not a stamped metal plate like every other car/truck I've ever had ever... so that was new also... so maybe yours didn't get printed? or the sticker its printed on didn't get applied? super weird, but also very surprising that we don't get a more "permanent" type of plate... i see this getting sun washed or fading at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread