5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Checklist

BNJMN

Reaction score
I'll look tomorrow. You suspect driver or passenger side? Or do you mean in the doorjam where the weights and everything are listed?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the salesman gets too many bad reviews on the survey they won’t get paid by Chrysler. The threshold is pretty high too. It doesn’t take much to tank them.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
but try getting @RamCares involved

do not fill out the survey until everything is satisfactory

@RamCares

Is it Ram's policy to fill the fuel tank at delivery or is that up to the individual dealer?

I have bought at least one new car every two years since 1985, both foreign and domestic, and all of them came with full tanks. Several of them were Ram/Chrysler/Dodge products as well, and they too had full tanks at delivery. I thought it may have been an oversight by the dealer this afternoon but he got very annoyed when I asked them about it and said their policy has always been to put in no more than $40. I seem to recall on every customer delivery satisfaction survey there being a question to the effect "Did your new vehicle have a full tank of fuel?"
Am I incorrect?

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@RamCares

Is it Ram's policy to fill the fuel tank at delivery or is that up to the individual dealer?

I have bought at least one new car every two years since 1985, both foreign and domestic, and all of them came with full tanks. Several of them were Ram/Chrysler/Dodge products as well, and they too had full tanks at delivery. I thought it may have been an oversight by the dealer this afternoon but he got very annoyed when I asked them about it and said their policy has always been to put in no more than $40. I seem to recall on every customer delivery satisfaction survey there being a question to the effect "Did your new vehicle have a full tank of fuel?"
Am I incorrect?
I don't think it matters if the question is there or not, nobody is going to give 2 ****s about your response. I can't remember if it was there when I bought my 21 but I slammed the dealer on the survey and never got a call from the dealer nor manufacture regarding it. I don't think it is a manufacture policy but dealers do it to provide good service to the customer. A detail and full tank of gas with a vehicle purchase is usually the norm in the car industry. Personally think your dealer is being a **** about it but personally I wouldn't raise a fit about it.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@RamCares

Am I incorrect?
Yeah i think its a dealer level thing... my dealer this time, Dan O'Brien, filled the tank when we took it for a test drive at delivery (which i couldn't believe cuz that was $100) and they were awesome the whole way thru.

A While back when i bought my charger, the first dash light then went on on my drive home was the fuel light... i don't think i had even used a blinker yet. That was Grava and they were a pain during the sale and even worse for service.

Some care about the customer experience, and some DGAF the second you leave with your key. Unfortunate but true in my experience.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah i think its a dealer level thing... my dealer this time, Dan O'Brien, filled the tank when we took it for a test drive at delivery (which i couldn't believe cuz that was $100) and they were awesome the whole way thru.

A While back when i bought my charger, the first dash light then went on on my drive home was the fuel light... i don't think i had even used a blinker yet. That was Grava and they were a pain during the sale and even worse for service.

Some care about the customer experience, and some DGAF the second you leave with your key. Unfortunate but true in my experience.

@RamCares

Years and years ago, I worked at a dealership. We sold vehicles from 5 different manufacturers. 4 of them required the cars be filled with fuel at delivery. The 5th did not, but the dealership did it anyway. This way, if every car was filled at delivery, the mistake was never made of not filling one that should have been filled. For the manufacturers that required the car to be fueled, basically reimbursed the dealership for it.

I believe Ram does the same thing. If you have seen the actual invoice that the dealer is issued once the car is built, it includes a line item that states "fuel fill $117". I believe this means that when the dealer pays the manufacturer the invoice price - they receive that amount back with proof of retail delivery to a customer. The same way they get their reimbursement for holdback money.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RamCares

Am I incorrect?
Hello,

Thank you for tagging us as it's one of the easiest ways to get our attention! Please know that this is something that is done based on dealer discretion.

Callie
Ram Cares

Maryland bowhunter

Reaction score
When I picked my truck up, the dealer filled it up. The called me late in the day, and wanted me to pick up my truck that was just off loaded (since I waited over 7 months for it to be delivered) but I said, take your time, detail it right, I'll pick it up in the late morning the next day. Glad I did, it was clean and yes it had a full tank of gas. Somehow I think this was more on the dealer than a policy that Ram had....but that's just my guess.

Mercury_Man

Reaction score
Thanks for the checklist. I went over everything before signing for it. Unfortunately, after 100 miles, I had an explosion of coolant and engine overheating warning. Car is now at the dealer waiting on a replacement generator that is backorderd for a week and a half! @RamCares is there anything I can do to speed this process?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for the checklist. I went over everything before signing for it. Unfortunately, after 100 miles, I had an explosion of coolant and engine overheating warning. Car is now at the dealer waiting on a replacement generator that is backorderd for a week and a half! @RamCares is there anything I can do to speed this process?
Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about this. Can you please send us a private message with the date and location of your most recent dealer appointment, as well as your VIN? Thank you.

Lex
Ram Cares

N0cturnal

Reaction score
This is a great list and I went over it almost all of it when picking up my truck. I wouldn't have thought of over half of the items if it was not for this thread. Thank you!

dannydyn

Reaction score
@RamCares

Years and years ago, I worked at a dealership. We sold vehicles from 5 different manufacturers. 4 of them required the cars be filled with fuel at delivery. The 5th did not, but the dealership did it anyway. This way, if every car was filled at delivery, the mistake was never made of not filling one that should have been filled. For the manufacturers that required the car to be fueled, basically reimbursed the dealership for it.

I believe Ram does the same thing. If you have seen the actual invoice that the dealer is issued once the car is built, it includes a line item that states "fuel fill $117". I believe this means that when the dealer pays the manufacturer the invoice price - they receive that amount back with proof of retail delivery to a customer. The same way they get their reimbursement for holdback money.

The fuel level line item on my build sheet read "5 gallons of gas"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/