5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Checklist

Deriggs007

Reaction score
My truck is going to be delivered to my doorstep in a couple of days. What do you recommend I do then as far as checking goes? I want to go through the list the best I can, but going to be a little hard if they're just dropping it off at the door like an amazon package... haha

The truck was one sitting on the lot, so I'm not sure if it will be washed/cleaned and I'm not sure if it will have anything checked off.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it was on the lot, it received the pre delivery inspection. Give it a good solid once over - for reference, my dealer is 5 minutes from my house. I picked up the truck for a test drive, drove it home and let it idle in the driveway for 15 minutes while I gave it a good once over with my delivery checklist. For the $$$ you spend, can't hurt to check it over and get it fixed / put on the "We Owe" before you pay!

Deriggs007

Reaction score
If it was on the lot, it received the pre delivery inspection. Give it a good solid once over - for reference, my dealer is 5 minutes from my house. I picked up the truck for a test drive, drove it home and let it idle in the driveway for 15 minutes while I gave it a good once over with my delivery checklist. For the $$$ you spend, can't hurt to check it over and get it fixed / put on the "We Owe" before you pay!

Good to know dealers actually check the vehicle. They gave me a temporary loaner which was built Jan 15th. The vehicle I'm getting has been on a lot since October, so got me a little concerned there. Hopefully it's coming all cleaned up

Don't think I'll have any issues out of it I hope. Can't wait to get it

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Is this before signing?
What happens if 5 or so items failed the checklist?
Do you not sign?
If you already signed you can do these at your leisure.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is this before signing?
What happens if 5 or so items failed the checklist?
Do you not sign?
If you already signed you can do these at your leisure.

Have them fix it or put it on the we owe card. Anything you find before you sign, you'll have more leverage getting fixed quicker. That being said, both my ordered Ram and F150 arrived flawless.

redbranch

Reaction score
Thanks for this checklist. I've printed it off and will be going through it with the dealership when they deliver my new Ram.

csmith2007

Reaction score
I initially thought this thread was a little ridiculas. Bought my truck off the lot. After a long day and 4 hours at the dealership i was ready to just leave. Should have used the checklist. Believe me the service really ends once you leave with the truck. My truck should have never been allowed to
Leave. Take your time make sure it's all there. Wait until the next day if needed.

sessman

Reaction score
Thanks for this write up! Just drove my 2019 Laramie Sport home last night, I LOVE IT. The one thing I noticed on your checklist was the color matched satellite radio antenna. Mine appears to be flat black. Is there proof somewhere I can show the dealer that this needs to be painted? They are doing my spray in bed liner sometime this week or next...

Thank you all for the help and I hope to be a positive contributor soon!

-Stephen

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for this write up! Just drove my 2019 Laramie Sport home last night, I LOVE IT. The one thing I noticed on your checklist was the color matched satellite radio antenna. Mine appears to be flat black. Is there proof somewhere I can show the dealer that this needs to be painted? They are doing my spray in bed liner sometime this week or next...

Thank you all for the help and I hope to be a positive contributor soon!

-Stephen

Just looked at mine in the driveway, it's flat black as well. I did modify that list from when I had my F150...so there is at least one error on it!

Glenn54

Reaction score
Are all Laramies supposed to have a paint matching antenna? Or is it a certain level?

Just looked at mine in the driveway, it's flat black as well. I did modify that list from when I had my F150...so there is at least one error on it!

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am ordering mine a year late, but thank you for the list!

I'll have to go through it when mine is delivered!

Tim N

thabiiighomie

Reaction score
I did most of those when I picked up my 2014. I also asked if they could put it up on the hoist so I could get a look underneath to make sure it had the right gears in it. That was about the time people were ordering 3.55 gears and getting the 3.21.
Stupid question: I ordered a 1500 with the 3.92. How can you tell? What do I look for?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stupid question: I ordered a 1500 with the 3.92. How can you tell? What do I look for?
There is a sticker under the rear axle's differential that has the ratio on it. It's also listed in the build sheet that your dealer can access after it has been built.

A quick check while driving is to look at the RPMs at 70mph. You should see around 2000 RPM +/- a little.

Also, your gas mileage on the highway will be 17 to 19 at interstate speeds instead of 21-22. Lol.

You'll also notice the extra acceleration at stoplights. :)

41magmag41

Reaction score
My dealer brought the truck I was interested to the front door, said she has a full tank of gas here's the key fob, see you tomorrow. Took the truck for a 3 hour ride then home. Shes been in drive way ever since. 9 months old and 23000 miles, God I love her.

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
I did the walk through - it was raining, and the rain drops made me miss couple of small blemishes on plastic trim above the bed walls - one of them is small but noticeable in drivers rearview mirror..... I dont know if mentioning it to the dealer would have an affect now. Picked it up last friday.....

Users who are viewing this thread