5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Checklist

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
After receiving a few requests...here is the delivery checklist I used when taking delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500. I had a checklist I used for my F150 - borrowed from an F150 forum member and modified a bit. I modified the RAM one based on issues people had found with their trucks. My late May 2019 build - had not one issue. I am VERY pleased.

Insist truck is left off/cold before I arrive

Oil Level

Brake Fluid Level

Washer Fluid Level

Coolant Level

Battery Terminal Tightness

Start via remote start

Both keyfobs work

Intelligent access works

Metal key works (door and tailgate)

Leaks/issues while warming up – check other items below

Equipped with all standard / optional equipment?

Exterior

Truck sits Level

Doors – stamping flaws – look around door handles

Paint Runs/Swirls

Body Panels / Door jambs / under doors

Check Axle for diff sticker

Sidesteps / Tow hooks / Chrome DLO

Exterior Lights & fogs & hazards & license plate lights

Tailgate function

Alignment of Body Panels

Cabs, doors, fenders and hood

Bed to cab

Headlights / Grill / Bumpers

Washer fluid sprays

Fender Flares – completely tight to body

Exterior Damage?

Interior

Full tank of fuel

Power Slider operation / binding

Moonroof operation

Door locks

All 4 power windows

Power Mirrors & folding

12V & 120V outlets

Uconnect & NAV operation

Satellite radio / FM

Tire Pressures

Heated / Cooled seats

Steering wheel buttons (front & radio controls on back)

Interior Trim / Ceiling / Doors / Grab Handles / Visors and lights

Center Console – Light? In Floor / under seat storage

Rear seat – lift up and recline?

Washer fluid sprays?

Test Drive

A/C & Heat

Tire Pressures

Shift +/-

Steering

Rattles / Squeaks / Wind noise

Sunroof rattle/noise?

4 Auto / 4 High / 4 Lo operation

Front / Rear Parksense operation

Backup Camera

Steering / Acceleration / Braking

Take on Interstate – 75+ MPH – Hood Depression?

Trailer Light Hookup working?

Run through carwash – Moonroof leaks?
@firecadet613 I developed a printable Delivery Checksheet (attached) Feel free to modify to your liking.

Attachments

• Delivery Checksheet.pdf
    221.6 KB · Views: 338

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
Nice! Mine is printable, just copied and pasted when I started this thread long ago.
Yes, since there were links in the forum directing to your post I figured I do the file because that what I was looking for. Just did a cut-n-paste into Excel, made boxes and lines to the text and saved it as a PDF. I'm ready to go now IF they ever deliver my truck.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, since there were links in the forum directing to your post I figured I do the file because that what I was looking for. Just did a cut-n-paste into Excel, made boxes and lines to the text and saved it as a PDF. I'm ready to go now IF they ever deliver my truck.
Good luck. Mine was flawless and pretty trouble free over the 20 months I had her.

Mulls

Reaction score
I am probably going to get kicked off this forum for admitting this. I literally did not do a single one of those before I took the truck. I didn't sit in it or test drive it....let me explain. I was in a rush, and getting the guys to get the numbers straight and stop playing games took 3 hours, by that time I had to leave and pick my kid at daycare before the cops were called and I was arrested. The ONLY thing I did was check to see if the bumper was straight. I guess if I was looking to own this car for 10 years or so, I would have given it more thought. I just dont end up owning these things for over 3 years so I figure whatever I run into, FCA will make it right. fortunately, they have always been super gracious with warranty work that needs fixing. Just wanted to highlight how stupid I am....and how much kids turn your world upside-down lol. Thank you for the list! I was one of the guys begging you for it
I spent less than 20 minutes picking mine up. Did the order online, paid for it, got a 15 minute talk on how everything worked and drove away. If anything is wrong, I have a warantee. Good list, though.

NJT3

Reaction score
@firecadet613 ... here is your checklist in a shared Google Sheet. Column A turns green if an item is marked with a 1 and red if marked with a 0. The filter in A1 can be set to show only 1 or 0 or both (default).

Anyone can add to this list if they like using the Google Sheets app. Please hit Undo if entries are accidentally overwritten!

If anyone wants to use this as their Checklist during inspection, please don't use the public shared document, download a copy of the sheet so you don't lose your pass/fail marks and notes.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aEbADJgpMjn-ef3HCY9xZODoj5_LLxpP/view?usp=drivesdk
Thanks for doing up those checklist... Unfortunately for me I found couple issues the major think needs to get added is

- Check for over spray of bed liner .

Unfortunately on my factory order I found bed liner all over the paint below the rambox on passenger side and some on the tailgate paint because of this and two small bubbles I declined taking possession until FCA can chime in.... Of course dealership is like under warranty but hey I'm not dealing with that after paying money.

Second thing not on list.

- Check plastic molding surrounding drivers and passenger seats bottom.

My driver's side seat the molding on bottom surrounding the sliding mechanism was not snapped together.

And finally and this should be the first on the list.
- never ever ever ever ever let them wash your car. As they will scratch it up.

Even if they say they wash it by hand they wind up using those bristle brushes that might be at do it yourself car wash.. This scraped the paint even the non painted molding... It's sometimes hard to tell but look at the truck sometimes at an angle then go-to the showroom floor and look at the untouched paint jobs... It's night and day difference... This one thank my wife as Unfortunately same thing happened to her Subaru but she didn't put 2 to 2 together until after her first service and saw them using the brush.

Last edited:

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Issues from my history with my new 2012 Ram:

ensure all floor mats are present and the same colour. Had one black and three grey.

Tailgate lock works with key (found that one the hard way, dealer said original tailgate was stolen off the lot, new one wasn’t keyed to the truck)

Operating windows aren’t scratched. Drivers window had a 1/32” wide scratch in it that went top to bottom.

All lug nuts are present and appear the same size.

Spare tire is present and inflated.

Emergency Jack and tire tools are under the seat.

Headrests are seized in the seat backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After receiving a few requests...here is the delivery checklist I used when taking delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500. I had a checklist I used for my F150 - borrowed from an F150 forum member and modified a bit. I modified the RAM one based on issues people had found with their trucks. My late May 2019 build - had not one issue. I am VERY pleased.

Insist truck is left off/cold before I arrive

Oil Level

Brake Fluid Level

Washer Fluid Level

Coolant Level

Battery Terminal Tightness

Start via remote start

Both keyfobs work

Intelligent access works

Metal key works (door and tailgate)

Leaks/issues while warming up – check other items below

Equipped with all standard / optional equipment?

Exterior

Truck sits Level

Doors – stamping flaws – look around door handles

Paint Runs/Swirls

Body Panels / Door jambs / under doors

Check Axle for diff sticker

Sidesteps / Tow hooks / Chrome DLO

Exterior Lights & fogs & hazards & license plate lights

Tailgate function

Alignment of Body Panels

Cabs, doors, fenders and hood

Bed to cab

Headlights / Grill / Bumpers

Washer fluid sprays

Fender Flares – completely tight to body

Exterior Damage?

Interior

Full tank of fuel

Power Slider operation / binding

Moonroof operation

Door locks

All 4 power windows

Power Mirrors & folding

12V & 120V outlets

Uconnect & NAV operation

Satellite radio / FM

Tire Pressures

Heated / Cooled seats

Steering wheel buttons (front & radio controls on back)

Interior Trim / Ceiling / Doors / Grab Handles / Visors and lights

Center Console – Light? In Floor / under seat storage

Rear seat – lift up and recline?

Washer fluid sprays?

Test Drive

A/C & Heat

Tire Pressures

Shift +/-

Steering

Rattles / Squeaks / Wind noise

Sunroof rattle/noise?

4 Auto / 4 High / 4 Lo operation

Front / Rear Parksense operation

Backup Camera

Steering / Acceleration / Braking

Take on Interstate – 75+ MPH – Hood Depression?

Trailer Light Hookup working?

Run through carwash – Moonroof leaks?
Just copied to a note file for use

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
Thanks for this! I did a quick once over at the dealer but it's not my first time buying from them and they're only about 3 miles down the road. I did notice a trim piece (bottom front of bed) that needed a quick tap into place. Other than that, seems good. I'll go over the full checklist tomorrow. Definitely want to check the rear window and keep an eye on it periodically. Was pretty warm and I was sweating up a storm so I didnt check any heat things haha

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
not sure if anyone mentioned exhaust tip alignment. it's a relatively simple fix but i've heard some people had issues.

my passenger side exhaust wasn't seating in the isolator, and the tip itself was out of whack. i fixed it myself but just something to mention to look for.

DivingOtter

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the fitment issue, for those of us with ram boxes?
The Alignment of the box top is too close on the front end on both sides, but it is worse on the drivers side. If I were to close it hard, I'd probably chip the paint on impact. I've also included the STAR case pdf for those who have the issue.

Just to note, this was the ONLY thing I found wrong, and it still works, just not completely right... Whats funny is how they fix it!

Attachments

• 20210413_072344.jpg
    20210413_072344.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210413_072349.jpg
    20210413_072349.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 20210413_072354.jpg
    20210413_072354.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210413_072404.jpg
    20210413_072404.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210413_072409.jpg
    20210413_072409.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 66
  • MC-10183026-9999 Ram Box Fitment.pdf
    661.4 KB · Views: 46

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Alignment of the box top is too close on the front end on both sides, but it is worse on the drivers side. If I were to close it hard, I'd probably chip the paint on impact. I've also included the STAR case pdf for those who have the issue.

Just to note, this was the ONLY thing I found wrong, and it still works, just not completely right... Whats funny is how they fix it!
Omg! That's hilarious! I love the “essential tool” designation on a pry block!

GTLimited

Reaction score
Question for the folks here: How does you go about checking that the right axle was installed on the truck? In my case, the 3.92?

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question for the folks here: How does you go about checking that the right axle was installed on the truck? In my case, the 3.92?
You can double check the build sheet, but to be certain, you can check the final drive... Requires crawling under and looking at the build tag for 3.92

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I have a quick question it may have already been answered here or common sense for some… how do I make sure the trailer camera wiring prep package is installed..? I’m not tech savvy get me under the hood without all that plastic and my wrenching skills are top notch but man all this computer n fancy gadgets requires YouTube and picture books haha
Ive found it’s much easier to point out an issue or if somethings missing before driving off the lot rather than fighting them after the fact haha

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a quick question it may have already been answered here or common sense for some… how do I make sure the trailer camera wiring prep package is installed..? I’m not tech savvy get me under the hood without all that plastic and my wrenching skills are top notch but man all this computer n fancy gadgets requires YouTube and picture books haha
Ive found it’s much easier to point out an issue or if somethings missing before driving off the lot rather than fighting them after the fact haha
9119E15A-658E-4538-8C18-FF325242CA76.jpeg Pic is worth 1000 words 😉

Users who are viewing this thread