5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Checklist

sgk

Reaction score
I think a highly-equipped F-150 looks great on the outside, but I was let down by the interior and the ride. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a vehicle that looks great to strangers but isn't enjoyable for me. You spend 95% of your time inside the truck, so you want that experience to be satisfying...right?

That said, I think you'll like the new Ram for all of the aforementioned reasons...

Oh, my fault, i didn't make it clear i need it to look good in and out (im an option wh@re) and i need it to drive well and all of that. Believe me, I watched many videos on them so I know what it looks like in and out and I try to see the vehicle i want in-person although i didn't see a limited ram in person yet.
I personally don't need to drive them to know i like it and will be buying it. I trust all the reviews and comments and will be satisfied with my choice. Then again I don't buy any vehicle long term (actually its quite short term) that may help with my decision making.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great list for anyone getting into any new vehicle purchase for the first time. I have an excellent relationship with my commercial salesman and he seems to have a lot more pull in the shop, so I don't sweat the little things on pick up, it is what it is and I'm too impatient a person to wait for a whole new truck because my bumper is out 1/4" on one side.

Don't get me wrong... if you look up VaderRebel on most Ram Rebel forums I have been very involved in holding dealers and FCA responsible for their product. I'm not one to say, "it's just a small blemish from the factory, no need to complain!" No sir.

Plus, I'm a monogamous owner, for the life of the vehicle... lots'a time to hash out little gremlins at the dealer. It's a vehicle... like a house, a complicated thing that needs time to reveal it's issues. Running around the dealers lot in the hot sun isn't going to inspire focus and attention to detail.

All that said... took a screenshot of the list to review once my Rebel is on my driveway... probably May 2020 at this point.

Ram Envy

Reaction score
After receiving a few requests...here is the delivery checklist I used when taking delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500. I had a checklist I used for my F150 - borrowed from an F150 forum member and modified a bit. I modified the RAM one based on issues people had found with their trucks. My late May 2019 build - had not one issue. I am VERY pleased.

Insist truck is left off/cold before I arrive

Oil Level

Brake Fluid Level

Washer Fluid Level

Coolant Level

Battery Terminal Tightness

Start via remote start

Both keyfobs work

Intelligent access works

Metal key works (door and tailgate)

Leaks/issues while warming up – check other items below

Equipped with all standard / optional equipment?

Exterior

Truck sits Level

Doors – stamping flaws – look around door handles

Paint Runs/Swirls

Body Panels / Door jambs / under doors

Check Axle for diff sticker

Sidesteps / Tow hooks / Chrome DLO

Exterior Lights & fogs & hazards & license plate lights

Tailgate function

Alignment of Body Panels

Cabs, doors, fenders and hood

Bed to cab

Headlights / Grill / Bumpers

Washer fluid sprays

Satellite antenna paint to match

Fender Flares – completely tight to body

Exterior Damage?

Interior

Full tank of fuel

Power Slider operation / binding

Moonroof operation

Door locks

All 4 power windows

Power Mirrors & folding

12V & 120V outlets

Uconnect & NAV operation

Satellite radio / FM

Tire Pressures

Heated / Cooled seats

Steering wheel buttons (front & radio controls on back)

Interior Trim / Ceiling / Doors / Grab Handles / Visors and lights

Center Console – Light? In Floor / under seat storage

Rear seat – lift up and recline?

Washer fluid sprays?

Test Drive

A/C & Heat

Tire Pressures

Shift +/-

Steering

Rattles / Squeaks / Wind noise

Sunroof rattle/noise?

4 Auto / 4 High / 4 Lo operation

Front / Rear Parksense operation

Backup Camera

Steering / Acceleration / Braking

Take on Interstate – 75+ MPH – Hood Depression?

Trailer Light Hookup working?

Run through carwash – Moonroof leaks?
Thanks, I'll use this!

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After receiving a few requests...here is the delivery checklist I used when taking delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500. I had a checklist I used for my F150 - borrowed from an F150 forum member and modified a bit. I modified the RAM one based on issues people had found with their trucks. My late May 2019 build - had not one issue. I am VERY pleased.

Insist truck is left off/cold before I arrive

Oil Level

Brake Fluid Level

Washer Fluid Level

Coolant Level

Battery Terminal Tightness

Start via remote start

Both keyfobs work

Intelligent access works

Metal key works (door and tailgate)

Leaks/issues while warming up – check other items below

Equipped with all standard / optional equipment?

Exterior

Truck sits Level

Doors – stamping flaws – look around door handles

Paint Runs/Swirls

Body Panels / Door jambs / under doors

Check Axle for diff sticker

Sidesteps / Tow hooks / Chrome DLO

Exterior Lights & fogs & hazards & license plate lights

Tailgate function

Alignment of Body Panels

Cabs, doors, fenders and hood

Bed to cab

Headlights / Grill / Bumpers

Washer fluid sprays

Satellite antenna paint to match

Fender Flares – completely tight to body

Exterior Damage?

Interior

Full tank of fuel

Power Slider operation / binding

Moonroof operation

Door locks

All 4 power windows

Power Mirrors & folding

12V & 120V outlets

Uconnect & NAV operation

Satellite radio / FM

Tire Pressures

Heated / Cooled seats

Steering wheel buttons (front & radio controls on back)

Interior Trim / Ceiling / Doors / Grab Handles / Visors and lights

Center Console – Light? In Floor / under seat storage

Rear seat – lift up and recline?

Washer fluid sprays?

Test Drive

A/C & Heat

Tire Pressures

Shift +/-

Steering

Rattles / Squeaks / Wind noise

Sunroof rattle/noise?

4 Auto / 4 High / 4 Lo operation

Front / Rear Parksense operation

Backup Camera

Steering / Acceleration / Braking

Take on Interstate – 75+ MPH – Hood Depression?

Trailer Light Hookup working?

Run through carwash – Moonroof leaks?

I wish I had gone through this list. My truck arrived 99 days after placing the order, and I picked it up late on a Friday afternoon following work. Upon the drive home and walkaround for pictures, I noticed a few issues: A glob of black windshield goo on the passenger side, wind noise that was more my 2012 Tradesman, a small door ding on the passenger side and no RamCharger, which was to be part of the Level 2 Laramie package. Since I was having the dealer install a spay-in bed liner, I arranged to have the service items attended to at that time. The car has been at the dealer since Monday (it's now Friday), and I just received a call that it will be Tuesday before it is ready. Since I have only 75 miles (dealer to home back to dealer), I've not really even used the truck.

The dealer really tried to move me through the process of inspection fast, but took FOREVER (almost 2 hours) in the "up sale" and "be sure to give us a 100% on the survey" section. Going through this list would have made life easier. I should have waited to pick up the truck only after the bed liner was installed, and then do the full inspection as recommended in this post.

Hopefully my experience will help other buyers. I love the looks and interior of the new Ram. Unlike my 2012 Tradesman (which NEVER had an issue in six years of ownership) and was never in the shop, this one has already beaten it's record by a week due to my failure to think through the delivery process.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might want to add "Front License Plate Bracket" to the list. Mine was missing, which will necessitate a trip to pick it up from the dealer.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might want to add "Front License Plate Bracket" to the list. Mine was missing, which will necessitate a trip to pick it up from the dealer.

Darn. Glad I'm in a state that doesn't require a front plate! Mine will gather dust on a shelf until I sell the truck.

Reactions: 356

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@firecadet613 ... here is your checklist in a shared Google Sheet. Column A turns green if an item is marked with a 1 and red if marked with a 0. The filter in A1 can be set to show only 1 or 0 or both (default).

Anyone can add to this list if they like using the Google Sheets app. Please hit Undo if entries are accidentally overwritten!

If anyone wants to use this as their Checklist during inspection, please don't use the public shared document, download a copy of the sheet so you don't lose your pass/fail marks and notes.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aEbADJgpMjn-ef3HCY9xZODoj5_LLxpP/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

itsrname2

Reaction score
You
@firecadet613 ... here is your checklist in a shared Google Sheet. Column A turns green if an item is marked with a 1 and red if marked with a 0. The filter in A1 can be set to show only 1 or 0 or both (default).

Anyone can add to this list if they like using the Google Sheets app. Please hit Undo if entries are accidentally overwritten!

If anyone wants to use this as their Checklist during inspection, please don't use the public shared document, download a copy of the sheet so you don't lose your pass/fail marks and notes.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aEbADJgpMjn-ef3HCY9xZODoj5_LLxpP/view?usp=drivesdk
can share a link which only makes a copy so there is no way they can mess up your sheet. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/make-copy-trick-sharing-google-drive-documents/

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You

can share a link which only makes a copy so there is no way they can mess up your sheet. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/make-copy-trick-sharing-google-drive-documents/

Nice! I would prefer the sheet is group edited so it is more complete. If it gets messed up, I have an offline copy I can restore. If it gets bad, your trick may be necessary! The Rambox Order Tracking sheet has been ok operating the same way.

Everyone add your inspection items and let's see how this goes.

tcw3628

Reaction score
Might need to add “Bumpers are the same color”. Went to see my originally ordered truck that arrived today and the sport package had a chrome bumper. Glad I had already reordered for the crew.

Attachments

• 83BFF694-F03C-475E-BB15-0C2151E64063.jpeg
    83BFF694-F03C-475E-BB15-0C2151E64063.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
  • 148C405F-9F08-4394-AC71-5DDF68767FF4.jpeg
    148C405F-9F08-4394-AC71-5DDF68767FF4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 188

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might need to add “Bumpers are the same color”. Went to see my originally ordered truck that arrived today and the sport package had a chrome bumper. Glad I had already reordered for the crew.

That's pretty bad...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No chance they stole your color-matched bumper for another customer?

tcw3628

Reaction score
No chance they stole your color-matched bumper for another customer?

I don’t think so. It just arrived today and I’m friends with the salesman. I had already reordered a crew cab and wasn’t taking this truck so he would have told me.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a feature.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A feature that’s included with a Big Horn Sport Appearance package.....which this truck had.
Sorry, my joke was kind of obscure and a little nerdy... in software testing, whenever someone says they found a bug, the reply is “oh, that’s a feature.” Sort of like “we meant to do that” when you really didn’t. Like Ram mismatching bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/