5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery Checklist

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
After receiving a few requests...here is the delivery checklist I used when taking delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500. I had a checklist I used for my F150 - borrowed from an F150 forum member and modified a bit. I modified the RAM one based on issues people had found with their trucks. My late May 2019 build - had not one issue. I am VERY pleased.

Insist truck is left off/cold before I arrive

Oil Level

Brake Fluid Level

Washer Fluid Level

Coolant Level

Battery Terminal Tightness

Start via remote start

Both keyfobs work

Intelligent access works

Metal key works (door and tailgate)

Leaks/issues while warming up – check other items below

Equipped with all standard / optional equipment?

Exterior

Truck sits Level

Doors – stamping flaws – look around door handles

Paint Runs/Swirls

Body Panels / Door jambs / under doors

Check Axle for diff sticker

Sidesteps / Tow hooks / Chrome DLO

Exterior Lights & fogs & hazards & license plate lights

Tailgate function

Alignment of Body Panels

Cabs, doors, fenders and hood

Bed to cab

Headlights / Grill / Bumpers

Washer fluid sprays

Satellite antenna paint to match

Fender Flares – completely tight to body

Exterior Damage?

Interior

Full tank of fuel

Power Slider operation / binding

Moonroof operation

Door locks

All 4 power windows

Power Mirrors & folding

12V & 120V outlets

Uconnect & NAV operation

Satellite radio / FM

Tire Pressures

Heated / Cooled seats

Steering wheel buttons (front & radio controls on back)

Interior Trim / Ceiling / Doors / Grab Handles / Visors and lights

Center Console – Light? In Floor / under seat storage

Rear seat – lift up and recline?

Washer fluid sprays?

Test Drive

A/C & Heat

Tire Pressures

Shift +/-

Steering

Rattles / Squeaks / Wind noise

Sunroof rattle/noise?

4 Auto / 4 High / 4 Lo operation

Front / Rear Parksense operation

Backup Camera

Steering / Acceleration / Braking

Take on Interstate – 75+ MPH – Hood Depression?

Trailer Light Hookup working?

Run through carwash – Moonroof leaks?
It's been a while, but I wanted to say thanks for providing this list; I printed it out and took it with me to the dealership. I also sent it to my dealer in advance, and he had a copy sitting on his desk when I arrived.

I won't say that I checked everything at the time, but it gave me a starting point and something to think about while taking a test drive prior to taking delivery. I think the dealership is using it as a secondary checklist for their PDI guys now! Thanks again.

hollaifyahemi

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie Black on 9/11, so hopefully will be receiving by the end of Oct.

After reading the thread about a lot of the issues, what should my approach be when the vehicle comes in? Should I do a close inspection and make the dealer fix any issues before signing any documents?

On a side note. They dealer asked for $1000 down when I placed the order, but when I gave them my card they said it was taking too long so just handed it back to me and said don't worry about it for now. Just signed the order form.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd get any issues resolved before you pay. My 5/31 build that arrived a week after the build was flawless and still is.

BiLlYDeE

Reaction score
No worries! I did all my negotiating before I ordered via email. Only in the dealer to test drive before I ordered and then to put the order in.

My trend is every 2 years I get bored and get new, my wife begs to differ. I'd rather do a detailed look over before I sign so there are no surprises.

I’m curious why you don’t lease if your change out a vehicle every two years? It seems that you’d still be upside down on your loan loan at that point so there wouldn’t be any equity to work with on a trade-in?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why not lease instead of buying if you’re changing out every two years?

I'd hate to see what the lease payment is on a 24 month / 60,000 mile lease! I had been driving a lot for work. And I like the flexibility that buying allows.

As to equity, with a five year loan I've had between $3,000-$5,000 in equity when I've traded trucks in at 18 months and 24 months of ownership. It helps when you buy it right.

Of course I no sooner bought my RAM then got a great job offer with a company car. The RAM looks great sitting in the driveway and is fun to drive on the weekends. I'm excited to not be wearing the truck out so soon anymore.

Dradin

Reaction score
After receiving a few requests...here is the delivery checklist I used when taking delivery of my 2019 Ram 1500. I had a checklist I used for my F150 - borrowed from an F150 forum member and modified a bit. I modified the RAM one based on issues people had found with their trucks. My late May 2019 build - had not one issue. I am VERY pleased.

Oil Level

Brake Fluid Level

Washer Fluid Level

Coolant Level

Start via remote start

Both keyfobs work

Intelligent access works

Exterior

Truck sits Level

Paint Runs/Swirls

Tailgate function

Alignment of Body Panels

Bed to cab

Washer fluid sprays

Exterior Damage?

Interior

Full tank of fuel

Moonroof operation

Door locks

All 4 power windows

Power Mirrors & folding

12V & 120V outlets

Uconnect & NAV operation

Satellite radio / FM

Tire Pressures

Heated / Cooled seats

Washer fluid sprays?

Test Drive

A/C & Heat

Tire Pressures

Shift +/-

Steering

Sunroof rattle/noise?

Backup Camera

I wanted to thank you for this list. I performed 97% of it and was able to ID a few very minor issues that my dealer is taking care of. Thanks again. 400 miles in and I love my truck!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wanted to thank you for this list. I performed 97% of it and was able to ID a few very minor issues that my dealer is taking care of. Thanks again. 400 miles in and I love my truck!

Awesome! Glad to see another 2019 in the Indy area.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score

Oil Level

Brake Fluid Level

Washer Fluid Level

Coolant Level

Start via remote start

Both keyfobs work

Intelligent access works

Exterior

Truck sits Level

Paint Runs/Swirls

Tailgate function

Alignment of Body Panels

Bed to cab

Washer fluid sprays

Exterior Damage?

Interior

Full tank of fuel

Moonroof operation

Door locks

All 4 power windows

Power Mirrors & folding

12V & 120V outlets

Uconnect & NAV operation

Satellite radio / FM

Tire Pressures

Heated / Cooled seats

Washer fluid sprays?

Test Drive

A/C & Heat

Tire Pressures

Shift +/-

Steering

Sunroof rattle/noise?

Backup Camera

Thank you for sharing!

Dradin

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to see another 2019 in the Indy area.

I am noticing that my truck stands out. When I drive it to a restaurant, people are checking it out in the parking lot. One person was a bit of a creeper looking at the interior but he didn't do anything stupid so I let it slide. I hope your RAM is getting some gawking as well!

billyraff

Reaction score
Thanks! Heading to the dealer now with this list, my Laramie Quad Cab just came in!

VinnyRam

Reaction score
How many miles were on your truck when you took delivery? Mine was 26 miles and I was little surprised. I was thinking maybe 5 to 10 miles for a brand new truck from the factory.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How many miles were on your truck when you took delivery? Mine was 26 miles and I was little surprised. I was thinking maybe 5 to 10 miles for a brand new truck from the factory.

Was yours ordered? If it was on the lot it may have been test driven, etc. I've had a lot truck with 4.7 miles on it, ordered with 7 miles at delivery and my Ram had about that. Can't recall off hand.

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Was yours ordered? If it was on the lot it may have been test driven, etc. I've had a lot truck with 4.7 miles on it, ordered with 7 miles at delivery and my Ram had about that. Can't recall off hand.
Yes it was an ordered truck. I was tracking where it was last night and it appears that the dealer may have driven it to the dealership from that destination because it was about 26 miles.

JAGITA

Reaction score
Wow ! I am gonna write all that down, make 3 or 4 copies, and will give them to the salesperson that "wins me over" and gets my order . . . I will at that time Insist that he share it with any & all employees who will be "in contact" with my new DT from the moment it arrives till I drive it home ! "THEY" probably have a downsized official-version FCA form, but I bet it is not nearly as detailed ! The Dealer most likely will make "excuses" that sound valid - and maybe so - but I will definitely be looking at the MAJOR Items BEFORE I leave the LOT and give it a thorough work-over at home . . . which for me is only about 7 minutes away ( if I make the 2 traffic lights ), and this particular dealer gets my business ( bought the G.C. their ) !

? - They let you take it for a test drive BEFORE you signed & Payed ? ? ? How did you "negotiate" that ?

Going over all the items; I think they would take ME 2+ hours -- of course I am a particularly nit-picky s.o.b., i.e.; perfectionist ! Ugh !

Looking forward to the day . . . and not all at the same time ! ;) :D
Good stuff thanks for sharing!

JAGITA

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "membre supprimé103, post: 6761"] Wow! Je vais écrire tout ça, en faire 3 ou 4 copies et les donner au vendeur qui "me gagne" et reçoit ma commande. . . J'insisterai alors pour qu'il le partage avec tous les employés qui seront "en contact" avec mon nouveau DT dès le moment où il arrivera jusqu'à ce que je le conduise à la maison! "ILS" ont probablement un formulaire FCA en version officielle plus petit, mais je parie qu’il n’est pas aussi détaillé! FileZillaLe concessionnaire fera très probablement des "excuses" valables - et peut-être bien -, mais je regarderai certainement les éléments MAJEURS AVANT de quitter le LOT et de le remettre en état à la maison. . . qui pour moi est à environ 7 minutes (si je fais les 2 feux de circulation), Rufus Malwarebytes

? - Ils vous ont laissé passer pour un essai routier AVANT de signer et de payer? ? ? MalwarebytesComment avez-vous "négocié" cela?

Passer en revue tous les articles; Je pense qu'ils me prendraient plus de 2 heures - bien sûr, je suis un sanglot particulièrement tatillon, c'est-à-dire; perfectionniste! Ugh!

Dans l'attente de la journée. . . et pas tous en même temps! ;) :RÉ[/CITATION]
Mon concessionnaire est littéralement au coin de la rue et jusqu'à présent, ils sont fantastiques. J'ai fait un essai routier de 15 minutes et passé environ 15 minutes à regarder le trajet dans mon allée. Je préférerais de beaucoup résoudre les problèmes avant de dépenser tout cet argent plutôt que de me battre pour cela après coup. Les problèmes majeurs sont rares, mais la lecture de ces forums vous fera penser qu'ils ne font que des citrons!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread