5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealers Are Being Notified About Their Ram TRX Allocations

bravo1

Reaction score
Jared I am thinking that the Mopar Hood scope seen at the LA Auto on the Mopar 2019 Ram 1500 display would not be the hood assembly.I say this because that Mopar offered hood assembly works in conjunction with the Mopar aftermarket airflow kit.This hood design smacks of a bit of Alfa Romeo design input from FCA Formula One program.I like this directional airflow grille hood assembly look but if you say it won't happen so be it.I like this hood design..Also notice Jared the fender design with the integrated Ram fender flares these might be a painted option during ordering....

Last edited:

nabatron

Reaction score
I have a buddy who owns a dealership and I asked him if he got any info on the rebel trx. All that he has now is 2 allocated but not processed and that price could range from 100k - 120k CAD

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who owns a dealership and I asked him if he got any info on the rebel trx. All that he has now is 2 allocated but not processed and that price could range from 100k - 120k CAD
WOW...at that price I'll take two!

bravo1

Reaction score
I am not seeing the inlet direction from Mopar performance hood for the 5.7L,still think that hood design will not work for air coming through that inlet it would have to reverse direction and follow a long plastic inlet channel to the front inlet....

Adrianp89

Reaction score
This was huge interest for me, but not just doesn't do it any more. It might peak my interest if they can get the 0-60 in the sub 4 range but that might be a long shot. Ram should be shifting their focus to electric before Ford wipes them clean when the time comes.

bravo1

Reaction score
I just think the distance from the front grille assembly to the air inlet does not look the distance to meet that 5.7L Mopar hood.So part hood cutout for inlet and top of grille assembly will serve as floor going into the inlet, also exiting from the air filter shows a downward to the front so the supercharger nose piece appears to be may be a redesign to fit the airflow change...

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

ktl5005

Reaction score
This was huge interest for me, but not just doesn't do it any more. It might peak my interest if they can get the 0-60 in the sub 4 range but that might be a long shot. Ram should be shifting their focus to electric before Ford wipes them clean when the time comes.
Electric trucks that can tow the standard light duty amounts, have payloads of that amount, and can get 400 miles on a charge are a LONGGGGGGG way off. Ram isn’t missing out in anything.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Electric trucks that can tow the standard light duty amounts, have payloads of that amount, and can get 400 miles on a charge are a LONGGGGGGG way off. Ram isn’t missing out in anything.
Right, and thats what i like about ram/dodge anyway. Nice gas guzzling v8 power.

bravo1

Reaction score
Wow Jared,yea just wow.Yep that inside hood reveal the length to the inlet was father back...get that distance's shot from the truck, buddy the million dallor shot....Think they will sell a boat load of them...

bravo1

Reaction score
Motor1 is reporting from there sourse's that one of the proto types is running a 840hp mill..Jacob Oliva 5/25/2020 article posted up on there site.Some have been spectating about a stock version of this truck running the Las Vegas Mint 400.Trucks have been reported running portion's of the course....

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Motor1 is reporting from there sourse's that one of the proto types is running a 840hp mill
@bravo1 I noticed you were hesitant to believe @Jared B

You do realize in most all Motor1 articles about the TRX, 5th Gen Rams or Mopar Insider's is their source. That would be @Jared B and his team.

I can not wait to see this thing.

And then the street truck that almost has to be coming soon after.

You mentioned the race teams that are using it.

I sure hope to see this thing hitting the 4x4 Jamboree tough truck competition(especially Bloomsburg). That will be cool.

Last edited:

bravo1

Reaction score
HI DD,Yea we all have sourse's in Detroit,either UAW,Management,etc,etc vendor course working on a project.The main thing is the interest in the truck.The truck was seen running part of the Mint 400 course that was open by BLM.Much like a stock pre/current production trucks, the big three like to play in the stock class of their choosing either in SoCal,Nev, Score Events or Baja style events, it is just good press sense...Ford,GM,Toyota they all do it...I see no reason at all that Ram Marketing is not looking at this as a future product launch ad campaign.A 840 hp 2021 Ram TRX is currently running around according to his source.We all saw the 2 directions early on where we were going to see 2 different power level 6.2 SC running then we were down to just one.Well RAM's TRX could have different trim levels with in this truck so that the buyer has a say base at 54,000 but can climb to 84,300 for say a 840hp version of the truck as well down the road.Trucks in higher trim coming down a limited capacity production plant has to have the most options trucks to make the most profit.So we see this in all Jeep/Dodge/Ram.Mopar is going to have a field day with this truck.Baja kit includes the following options...

Last edited:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HI DD,Yea we all have sourse's in Detroit,either UAW,Management,etc,etc vendor course working on a project.The main thing is the interest in the truck.The truck was seen running part of the Mint 400 course that was open by BLM.Much like a stock pre/current production trucks, the big three like to play in the stock class of their choosing either in SoCal,Nev, Score Events or Baja style events, it is just good press sense...Ford,GM,Toyota they all do it...I see no reason at all that Ram Marketing is not looking at this as a future product launch ad campaign.A 840 hp 2021 Ram TRX is currently running around according to his source.We all saw the 2 directions early on where we were going to see 2 different power level 6.2 SC running then we were down to just one.Well RAM's TRX could have different trim levels with in this truck so that the buyer has a say base at 54,000 but can climb to 84,300 for say a 840hp version of the truck as well down the road.Trucks in higher trim coming down a limited capacity production plant has to have the most options trucks to make the most profit.So we see this in all Jeep/Dodge/Ram.Mopar is going to have a field day with this truck.Baja kit includes the following options...
1- A stripped out basic (1 cloth seat and almost nothing else) 2018 Demon was about $85k when the cheapest Challenger was about $27k. No way a 4WD TRX with the same engine would be a similar price when a 4WD 1500 Crew Tradesman starts at $38k.
2- The Demon was only good for 840 HP with a race ECU, filter, and 110 octane (in the crate full of drag racing gear you got with a Demon). Seriously doubt that's happening for a truck.

Then again, FCA does some crazy **** sometimes. But a 'Demon' TRX wouldn't happen for a few years after the 'normal' TRX anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread