5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealers Are Being Notified About Their Ram TRX Allocations

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since the Ram Rebel TRX concept debuted at the Texas State Fair back in 2016, Ram fans have been chomping at the bit for a chance to buy one of the Hellcat-powered beasts. Our friend Charles went so far as to team up with Americas Most Wanted 4×4 to build his own, which I had the chance to drive earlier this year.

We first announced back in February 2018 that the TRX was going into production according to our sources. Later on that year, FCA officially announced it as part of their 5-year plan. Our sources told us that the off-roader would be offered in 2 flavors, TR with a new 7.0-liter (426 cubic inch) Hemi V8, and TRX which would be powered by the 6.2-liter supercharged Hellcat V8.

Rebel TRX
Ram Rebel TRX confirmed (FCA photo)

Last February, we were told that the 426 Hemi program was shelved effectively killing the TR version, while the Hellcat-powered TRX continued development. Lots of heavily camouflaged TRX prototypes have been caught testing in recent months, but possibly the most exciting bit of TRX news is a phone call that I got the other day.

Dealerships are now being informed of their TRX allocations for production starting in the September/October timeframe. For those that have been waiting, now would be an excellent time to call your dealer and see if they have allocation.

2021 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Prototype. (KGP Photography).

Here is what we know so far:
While the TRX concept was rated at 575 horsepower, we are told that the production TRX will put out at least 707 horsepower, that engine will likely be backed up by the ZF 8HP95 transmission found in the Dodge Demon and Jeep Trackhawk. It will feature a full-time four-wheel-drive system, with 4-auto, 4-hi, and 4-low modes, have selectable drive modes, and launch control.

While we don’t know a lot about the suspension setup, we do know that the TRX will feature a lift and a much wider track than the rest of the Ram 1500 lineup.

The interior gets a center console-mounted shifter, with large aluminum paddle shifters mounted to the leather and Alcantara wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel. Under the 12 inch Uconnect display, there are what looks to be six large buttons to control different vehicle functions. I would expect front seats that are much more heavily bolstered than the rest of the Ram 1500 lineup.

The exterior is changed up quite a bit as well, with a unique hood with a sizeable front scoop, flanked on either side by vents, and 6.2 supercharged badging. There is a unique front grille which I imagine has the flow-through RAM lettering first previewed on the OTG concept, fenders are quite a bit wider than the standard Rebel, and headlights look like they’re shared with the Limited Black edition with scoops between the headlight and widened front fender. The front bumper will be unique to the TRX as it has to be extended to fit the additional width.

Around the side, there will be fender flares unique to the TRX, vents behind the widened front fenders in front of the doors, widened box sides with additional vents beside the taillights, and what look to be 18-inch wheels with 35-inch tires. Around back expect different exhaust tips and tow hooks mounted under the bumper on the inside of each exhaust tip, the rear third brake light appears to be an all-LED unit and could contain a rear mount camera.

While initially scheduled to debut at the now-canceled North American International Autoshow, with production starting in the next four to five months, we expect to see the production TRX reasonably soon.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Boy oh boy. Very interested to hear what members find out when they contact their dealerships.

Can't wait to see this thing. Saw some new renderings. This is gonna be awesome.

canative

Reaction score
With dealer markups the price will be $$$$$$.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am hearing that MSRP will be around $70K before you start to option it out. No doubt it will easily top $80K and we all know, as @dts828 said above, dealers will probably add another $10-$20K for market value like what Honda dealers did with the Civic type R when it was first released. If I can get one loaded for under $80K...I'm in, but I am also going to wait until 2022 to pull the trigger and let everyone fight it out for the 2021 and wait for some well done reviews.

Last edited:

bravo1

Reaction score
If it looks like this I am sold, this rendering also include's a difference of option as to which wheel wheels will be the one.Optional rocker lower striping also.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If it looks like this I am sold, this rendering also include's a difference of option as to which wheel wheels will be the one.Optional rocker lower striping also.
What am I missing? I don't see different wheels or rocker lower striping???

@bravo1 ...I agree and read somewhere that the side exhaust will, most likely, not make it to production but I certainly hope so!

976-HIKE

Reaction score
Most it seems think this rendering is going to be real close with optional Mopar Bed Rack,2 tire carrier.Side out exhaust not sure if they could package that around the frame with loosing ground clearance. View attachment 55635

this is, by far, the best (and likely most accurate) rendering Ive seen posted so far.

bravo1

Reaction score
I inquired with 3 floor managers in my area and all 3 stated that they will not be selling there allotments to customers instead they will build out and floor these trucks for best offer, either E-Bay/AutoTrader or local advertising...Also one said he will floor it as long as possible in the main show floor as a Halo Ram off-road truck for there Ram truck lineup...I expected this due to the auto industry Covid19 position and the need for income to these stores they might at a later date start easing pricing off MSRP.But for the short term due to limited sales I would expect MSRP....

bravo1

Reaction score
No one really knows how Ram production is gonna start up fill back orders first then, start building on a very limited run for 2020 the Ram Rebel TRX...I have not seen a Ram production run for the rest of 2020.It has all changed and the farther back assembly waits to start the darker it looks

bravo1

Reaction score
The current design posted here shows the standard wheel option for the Rebel,I would expect to see optionals wheels to included Mopar off-road Beadlock as a option rim in 18 inch.Also allowing for color match deadlock rim pieces.Bed tire carrier seems to be a 2 tire carrier but at the Detroit show I saw a single tire in the bed so Mopar may offer 2 different bed mount tire carrier.

bravo1

Reaction score
Interesting design part here in this pic is the lip of the hood and how far it extends over the hood aiding in directing cooling or acting as a splitter directing air flow downward yet up ward towards the hood inlet..Also the fender's design,the fenders shows a trim piece.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Most it seems think this rendering is going to be real close with optional Mopar Bed Rack,2 tire carrier.Side out exhaust not sure if they could package that around the frame with loosing ground clearance. View attachment 55635

Hoods wrong, upper grille is wrong, area under the headlights is wrong, and no side exhaust on the production version.

bravo1

Reaction score
I agree with the side out options Jared.But we part ways I guess we will all have to wait on the depth of the grille assembly and the air flow feed into the grill, and this front splitter to split the air flow between the grille and hood inlet.But this looks like that type of directional airflow that would be need to control SC heat soaking and cylinder detonation. Also mine you, you have a variety of heat exchanger's in this truck due to the rigors of 110 plus heat temps you see out in the southwest deserts.Also remember back when Jim Morrison head of FCA Ram Truck stated in the design requirements was that it would be capable to run in open desert at very high speeds, and not risk denotation to intake air feed and cylinder performance.Also I would like to see more of the trucks design near the rear frame area where massive trailing arms are routed off the frame assembly.Capable of jumping high dunes that we have out here...This may also have a rear axle cooling system as well, with a dedicated fluid cooling design.I do also believe that Dana will supply the axle in a E-locker.One must ask will the axle have 2 different axle ratio's sections or just run a 3:91 or lower 3:55 we will see.

Last edited:

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with the side out options Jared.But we part ways I guess we will all have to wait on the depth of the grille assembly and the air flow feed into the grill, and this front splitter to split the air flow between the grille and hood inlet.But this looks like that type of directional airflow that would be need to control SC heat soaking and cylinder detonation. Also mine you, you have a variety of heat exchanger's in this truck due to the rigors of 110 plus heat temps you see out in the southwest deserts.Also remember back when Jim Morrison head of FCA Ram Truck stated in the design requirements was that it would be capable to run in open desert at very high speeds, and not risk denotation to intake air feed and cylinder performance.Also I would like to see more of the trucks design near the rear frame area where massive trailing arms are routed off the frame assembly.Capable of jumping high dunes that we have out here...This may also have a rear axle cooling system as well, with a dedicated fluid cooling design.I do also believe that Dana will supply the axle in a E-locker.One must ask will the axle have 2 different axle ratio's sections or just run a 3:91 or lower 3:55 we will see.

I don't think anyone is going to be disappointed in the looks department. The renderings were fairly close I was just pointing out some differences I've noticed. The air inlet is actually in the hood, not in the top of the grille where it meets the hood like in the renders.

Yes I have seen pictures of the truck, in and out, no I'm not going to release them as I don't want to get anyone fired. ;)

Unfortunately I can't say much more right now.

Users who are viewing this thread