5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Arrivals

Flot

Reaction score
very SWEEEEET! last weekend i took a look at the first arrival of a laramie in my town.well equipped. i was a NON sport model. while looking through the window the first thing i noticed was the limited amount of wood grain. (it really looked like an after thought ) in my opinion they should of added a little more or not even had it at all - this is where the sport appearance package also shines (im 99 % sure) - it removes the minimal amount of wood grain. maybe Flot could take pictures of above his 8.4n or 12" screen and door panels. to show the optional colour that comes with the sport appearance package.

Absolutely. No wood in the Laramie sport, interior all black and looks great. The trim above the console and radio is a nice gloss black, hard to explain - almost a faux carbon fiber look. Looks good.

Of the top of my head, the door panels don’t have any special trim on them - it’s either suede or black leather.

Apologies, normally I’d have 20 photos online by now, but was a hectic process flying in to get the truck and then a 6 hour drive in traffic and rain. Will get what I can online in a few days. 700 miles to go till I get home.

Truck is great! Will do a full write up later.

Last edited:

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Picked up my Laramie sport yesterday...
congrats buddy. that black looks great. people will look when you go by with that! a little more work on waxing it ( i have a black longhorn ) but when she's done right they look sharp.

D

Deleted member103

That hood makes the truck look completly different...it is on the must have list.

I'm guessing . . . Only with Sport Package ? Don't care for it ( the glitzy hood plastic ). Now IF it were Functional, then they should Offer it up, or make standard, on ALL Off-Road Packages -- sport or not ! Not a fan of the glitz or badging for that matter, is why I Remove All that stuff / when possible !

edit/ps; 'dd', you must have stock in CarGurus . . . :D :)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They say that hood is functional on the Rebel so I am thinking its functional on the rest too.

FLG8R

Reaction score
They say that hood is functional on the Rebel so I am thinking its functional on the rest too.
They really don't need those heat vents on a 5.7 as much as they do on the 6.2 and 6.4 motors. I looked at a 2018 Durango R/T with a similar type vented hood and my biggest concern was that rain or melting snow, depending on where you live, drips straight onto the alternator and pulley. Can't help but thinking this will not be good for long term owners. Of note on the 2019 Hemi motor the alternator has been repositioned to the top side of engine where water cannot cause issues. I don't know if the hoods are vented or not but personally I would be fine if they were only for show.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

BZ23

Reaction score
They really don't need those heat vents on a 5.7 as much as they do on the 6.2 and 6.4 motors. I looked at a 2018 Durango R/T with a similar type vented hood and my biggest concern was that rain or melting snow, depending on where you live, drips straight onto the alternator and pulley. Can't help but thinking this will not be good for long term owners. Of note on the 2019 Hemi motor the alternator has been repositioned to the top side of engine where water cannot cause issues. I don't know if the hoods are vented or not but personally I would be fine if they were only for show.
they have a channel for the water to drip away from the entire engine compartment. Not a concern.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They made it
View attachment 791

Really hard to not go home get the cummins and get rid of it for the offroad package...but I dislike this dealer

Love the truck though. They look so much better in person and really date the DS.

To the people of the internet who say the 5th gen isn't selling...these trucks are gone 3 more have arrived...and they were and the new ones are...siting next to heavily discounted 2018s

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To the people of the internet who say the 5th gen isn't selling...these trucks are gone 3 more have arrived...and they were and the new ones are...siting next to heavily discounted 2018s
All of the Longhorns within 150 miles of me have been sold, it appears.

Users who are viewing this thread