5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connect subwoofer amp with 8.4 screen and 6 speaker system

R6six6

Reaction score
For those who have installed a sub amp and do not have the ANC, where did you get the ACC power?

*man i miss the older vehicles where everything was cut and dry..

edehosse

Reaction score
For those who have installed a sub amp and do not have the ANC, where did you get the ACC power?

*man i miss the older vehicles where everything was cut and dry..

Most modern amps will use a high level signal input as a turn on signal. Or you could use an LOC that sends out 12v once it sees an audio signal.

Shives

Reaction score
Quad cab guys... What sub box did you use? Thanks. Is anyone powering the factory sub off an aftermarket amp. On some post, one guy said the factory sub is not bad, and can get to work. I’m just curious about sound. I have NO sub now..

Looking for my music fix.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My ANC unit is sitting in my garage. Everything works as it should without it in the truck. No codes, no nothing.

I didn't cut anything either, just used a bypass harness that didn't plug back into the anc.
Do you have a picture of your bypass harness/which did you use, also what did you do with the canbus and power wires? Thanks in advance

GWillings

Reaction score
I purchased the NET AUDIO loop back harness for my 4th gen, which after talking with the owner of NET AUDIO that harness will work in the 5th gen, but needed to purchase a separate harness to go around the ANC completely. So I ordered that harness which I obviously need now with the 2020 Big Horn. Then I can put my LC-4.800 in to power my DS18 PRO-X6.4BM and my 2 DS18 PRO-TW120 bullet tweeters. The box I made for the 4th gen wont work at all, so I need to buy a box as I really do not want to make a box for the 5th gen. Fox Acoustics is not taking orders right now as they are backed up, and on their site say they will not be taking new orders until the end of this month. Once I get the bypass harness, I will post a pic of it. The owner said he was going to get that out to me ASAP.

GWillings

Reaction score
Okay, forgot to take a pic of it. The harness is actually made by PAC. The speaker wires going into the ANC module plugs into the PAC harness, the ANC harness plugs into this harness as well, and the last end plugs into the ANC module. There are no mic wires on the PAC harness. Ordered a sub enclosure from Sound Off Audio, was not about to shell out the money that others wanted, and NET Audio wanted just a tad bit more than I was willing to spend. The one from Sound Off Audio has just enough air space for my subs.

Shives

Reaction score
So, as I look that sub woofer box states for quad cab and crew cab.
Can someone help me here
I want to put this debate to rest. Can someone try a crew cab woofer box in a quad cab?
Looks like the seats are the same. Yet the floor room might be different. Some boxes are cut for the floor boxes. But some are not.
Anyone local to the 413 area code that would let me try? Thanks

Chillz

Reaction score
I have updated my system over the weekend using the following:
4 JL C2 6x9 for front and rear doors powered by a JL XD400.4v2 amp.
2 Infinity reference REF-3032cfx 3.5 with the resistor it came with.
1 Pioneer TS-SWX2002 12 inch Shallow mount powered by Planet Audio AC1600.4 (Temporarily)
Audio Control LC7i - Powered using remote wire fuse tap.
Pac ANC- CH01. Harness

I ran into an issue where when everything is factory, If I shut the headunit off, disconnect from the ANC and connect to the harness everything works awesome. If I shut everything off, leave for 15 minutes or so, turn the headunit back on nothing works, Its like there is no signal coming from the headunit. If I put everything back to factory, wait a few minutes the system starts working fine again. At that point and can connect back to the harness and everything works.

Any thoughts on whats going on and how to fix this issue?

Last edited:

Shives

Reaction score
Think your radio is seeing a short in the speaker. Check your harness and connection. It’s also hard to really get what your saying. Maybe re-write the question? Or maybe someone else will have a thought.

delosh

Reaction score
Since most in this thread are audio buffs, I thought I'd share my successful addition of a JL 900/5 with three RF 10's to the 8.4 head unit and 6 OEM speakers. Also added an Epicenter because I've always wanted one. Used the PAC interface and speaker harness. Everything works as it should – no issues at all. Sounds incredible.

IMG_3456.jpg IMG_3458.jpg IMG_3460.jpg IMG_3463.jpg IMG_3467.jpg IMG_3469.jpg IMG_3470.jpg

Shives

Reaction score
So. I purchased the HK box, and plan to do a hidden sub install with aftermarket amp. Few people have been wanting to see this. And sound. I have a feeling the sound will be better then with factory setup leaving some options for tuning the box.
Trying to gather it all together. Just gonna add an sub amp, so I should be able to do this all under drivers seat.

phisch

Reaction score
Since most in this thread are audio buffs, I thought I'd share my successful addition of a JL 900/5 with three RF 10's to the 8.4 head unit and 6 OEM speakers. Also added an Epicenter because I've always wanted one. Used the PAC interface and speaker harness. Everything works as it should – no issues at all. Sounds incredible.
An Epicenter! You steal my heart! I used to say back in the day an Epicenter made Motley Crew slam like Dr. Dre.

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score

Any chance of getting a couple of audio clips of that sweet system?

jafr113

Reaction score
I have been following this post for awhile, there is a lot of information here. Last weekend I finally got my stuff hooked up, and it sounds pretty nice. I used the net audio harness, it makes for a clean and easier install. Paul is very helpful. For speakers in the doors I used polk DB-692s, Kicker ksc3504s in the dash, 1 Rockford Punch P1S4-10 in a Atrend box. I powered the door and dash speakers with a Kicker 360.4T amp and used a Rockford Prime 500 to power the single sub. The only complaint I have with this setup is the dash speakers are really bright, in fact I fade the speakers toward the rear and have the mid and highs turned down on the radio.
I have a couple of questions that you guys might be able to help with.
1- Have any of you found a way to get the phone calls to come through the front door speakers?
2- Any suggestions on how to tone down the dash speakers? Or did I just pick the wrong speaker for the dash?
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

frybel

Reaction score

View attachment 70722 View attachment 70723 View attachment 70724 View attachment 70725 View attachment 70726 View attachment 70727 View attachment 70729
That is one sick setup!!! Kudos! I never would've thought to use the 2nd glovebox or the center console in those ways. Is the sub box custom built, or did you buy it off the rack somewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread