5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comma.ai

fofonta

Reaction score
Hi I have a question must my Ram be equipped with adaptive cruise control or is standard cruise control enough? Thanks

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe you need the Adaptive Cruise, Because it will keep you from running into the back of the person in front of you.
If you need to step on the brake it will disengage the OpenPilot on the Comma Device.

Malodave

d3sarius

Reaction score
Hi I have a question must my Ram be equipped with adaptive cruise control or is standard cruise control enough? Thanks
Adaptive Cruise is necessary. I tried various settings in AlfaOBD and OpenPilot to get it to engage, but I was unsuccessful. Once I added Adaptive Cruise, it’s worked really well. Highly recommended.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have just about finalized the RAM Mirror Mount design for my Resin Printer. The Elegoo brand ABS Like Resin is a Smokey Black and is allowing the Threaded holes to solidify. I have a bottle of Rich Opto ABS Like Resin coming Thursday. This is a more Opaque Black resin. The Smokey Black prints I have to drill and tap for the 4-40 screws. I will be offering the Mount for $15 shipped. PM me for details. Don't Gig me on the Dust in the PIX.

Attachments

• RAMDTMirrorMountResin.jpg
    RAMDTMirrorMountResin.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 78
  • MirrorMountPrints.jpg
    MirrorMountPrints.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 77
  • MirrorMount1.jpg
    MirrorMount1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 81
  • MirrorMountInTruck.jpg
    MirrorMountInTruck.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 80

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Adaptive Cruise is necessary. I tried various settings in AlfaOBD and OpenPilot to get it to engage, but I was unsuccessful. Once I added Adaptive Cruise, it’s worked really well. Highly recommended.
did you also add the adaptive cruise to your vehicle using the guide on here? (windshield replacement)

d3sarius

Reaction score
did you also add the adaptive cruise to your vehicle using the guide on here? (windshield replacement)
Mind had the necessary windshield and DASM from factory. I had to change the abs unit and hydraulic module.

isaakchuk

Reaction score
The Next Batch of 18 has been printed. I still need to tap about half to be ready to ship.
View attachment 115706
I also have the M/F Dupont Harnesses Available
Those look beautiful! I have been following your contributions to the community for almost a year, do you have a store set up somewhere? Need those mounts and harness badly :)
Have the comma 2

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started reading this thread and over on the comma.ai page, not to sound uninformed, but what does this do?

dmitryDS

Reaction score
Makes Ram Wroom on its own, I guess. I'd love to hear feedback from actual users.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your RAM has Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assist, the addition of the Comma Device
will let the Truck Drive itself with a little attention on your part. Similar to a Tesla.

Malodave

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started reading this thread and over on the comma.ai page, not to sound uninformed, but what does this do?
Well, what it does is give you a upgraded LKAS, and ACC. Along with letting you sit back and relax. Kind of like Greyhound, but you still have to pay attention. Just got back from a trip from central Washington to Palm Springs and back (little over three thousand miles) just before Christmas, and was driving about 600+ a day going down, with absolutely no fatigue. Just sat back and enjoyed the ride. Kept me in the center of the lane and kept me from running into anything.
That's what it does.
Look on You Tube for Comma.ai and C3

Last edited:

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your RAM has Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keep Assist, the addition of the Comma Device
will let the Truck Drive itself with a little attention on your part. Similar to a Tesla.

Malodave
Did a drive today with some of the tweaks that CastleHill has been working on, and they are sweet.

d3sarius

Reaction score
Comma.ai’s goal is to “solve self-driving cars while shipping deliverable intermediaries.“ Basically, comma.ai as a company is seeking to create a platform for self-driving cars. Instead of building their own cars, they’ve written software and made hardware to attach to production cars that enable self-driving features. By taking over the adaptive cruise and lane keep functions of the stock vehicle, comma enables the car to drive itself without the user touching the steering wheel. A driver-facing camera ensures the driver is paying attention for safety.

Currently, this is best used in highway or interstate scenarios. As many others have said, it makes long trips on the highway effortless. It‘s really quite incredible what they’ve done. This is my second vehicle supported by comma, and i won’t go back. It’s revolutionized highway driving for me. Get on the highway, set cruise and a comfortable pace, sit in the right or middle lane, and chill out. Hence their motto: “Make driving chill.”

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Comma.ai’s goal is to “solve self-driving cars while shipping deliverable intermediaries.“ Basically, comma.ai as a company is seeking to create a platform for self-driving cars. Instead of building their own cars, they’ve written software and made hardware to attach to production cars that enable self-driving features. By taking over the adaptive cruise and lane keep functions of the stock vehicle, comma enables the car to drive itself without the user touching the steering wheel. A driver-facing camera ensures the driver is paying attention for safety.

Currently, this is best used in highway or interstate scenarios. As many others have said, it makes long trips on the highway effortless. It‘s really quite incredible what they’ve done. This is my second vehicle supported by comma, and i won’t go back. It’s revolutionized highway driving for me. Get on the highway, set cruise and a comfortable pace, sit in the right or middle lane, and chill out. Hence their motto: “Make driving chill.”
Awesome! Thanks for the update and now I have to go down this rabbit hole, sounds very interesting.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
How many of you are running laneless mode? It feels like laneless favors the right side sometimes while lane mode sometimes favors the center line.

ChrisMArookie

Reaction score
The Next Batch of 18 has been printed. I still need to tap about half to be ready to ship.
View attachment 115706
I also have the M/F Dupont Harnesses Available

Hello, Hope all is well! I am wondering if you still have a harness and a mount for a comma. I'd pick it up asap :) also anyway you can send a invite to the discord group? Thank you very much!

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

FlyWyo

Reaction score
Hi all - I've been following the Comma.ai development for 6-7 months now and am ready to jump. I drive a 2,500 mile roundtrip in my '19 Ram Limited every 6-8 weeks, and this would sure make that drive more relaxing. Anyone know what the lead time is on a Comma3 these days?

I've tried to join the Discord group as well, but all the links are expired when I get to them. Can someone invite me?

Thank!

Users who are viewing this thread