5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comma.ai

St-na

Reaction score
The C2 will no longer be supported after a short period by Comma support. It will still be supported by individuals, bot not officially. The C3 is going to be upgraded on an ongoing basis through Comma, and individual programmers. I is projected to be FSD in the future, with stop sign/light recognition and other road signs including speed limits. I have a 2 and a 3, and the 3 offers a much better interface and control. Also, the $600 you see is without the $200 harness and connection cables and boxes, so you be the judge. It is up and working on my RAM and, although not officially vetted by Comma, it should go mainstream soon. I enjoy the fact that my longer drives are much moor relaxing.
Thank You! Not sure if FSD would be supported by C3 not C4 or C10. There were 3 comma's released for the last 6 Years already. Did You use comma serial? Do I need to order?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank You! Not sure if FSD would be supported by C3 not C4 or C10. There were 3 comma's released for the last 6 Years already. Did You use comma serial? Do I need to order?
Up to you, but FSD is the direction George Hotz is going and hopes to achieve in the next few years, or sooner. Big aspirations, maybe, but possible. I am planning to use the 2 in my Prius for now, but will upgrade to the 3 soon. Have the 3 in the RAM and it does well.

StringNH

Reaction score
I have 10k miles on my C2, in my Ram. I am very pleased with its operation. Can't imagine owning another vehicle without these functions. The one thing I don't care for has nothing to do with the C2. I find the factory ACC to be way to aggressive. It waits to long to brake and then accelerates to hard to regain speed. This kills fuel economy. To me, that's a big deal, I drive a lot of miles and burn a lot of fuel. If they get longitudinal control out of the comma device. I will upgrade to the C3. Till then the C2 is awesome.
What is the reason of buying C3? What we get is only hands free ACC from both C2/C3. Comparation of the both units on Youtube shows basically better screen and nothing more, but functions from both are the same. I understood the only reason to buy C3 is a hope for further development, right? C2 is much cheaper, guys are selling on discord for $600 only.
I have 10k miles on my C2, in my Ram. I am very pleased with its operation. Can't imagine owning another vehicle without these functions. The one thing I don't care for has nothing to do with the C2. I find the factory ACC to be way to aggressive. It waits to long to brake and then accelerates to hard to regain speed. This kills fuel economy. To me, that's a big deal, I drive a lot of miles and burn a lot of fuel. If they get longitudinal control out of the comma device and I can bypassthe factory ACC, I will upgrade to the C3. Till then the C2 is awesome.

St-na

Reaction score
I have 10k miles on my C2, in my Ram. I am very pleased with its operation. Can't imagine owning another vehicle without these functions. The one thing I don't care for has nothing to do with the C2. I find the factory ACC to be way to aggressive. It waits to long to brake and then accelerates to hard to regain speed. This kills fuel economy. To me, that's a big deal, I drive a lot of miles and burn a lot of fuel. If they get longitudinal control out of the comma device. I will upgrade to the C3. Till then the C2 is awesome.

I have 10k miles on my C2, in my Ram. I am very pleased with its operation. Can't imagine owning another vehicle without these functions. The one thing I don't care for has nothing to do with the C2. I find the factory ACC to be way to aggressive. It waits to long to brake and then accelerates to hard to regain speed. This kills fuel economy. To me, that's a big deal, I drive a lot of miles and burn a lot of fuel. If they get longitudinal control out of the comma device and I can bypassthe factory ACC, I will upgrade to the C3. Till then the C2 is awesome.
Yes, what most people want from C3 is longitudinal control. I am totally happy with factory ACC and do not really want to upgrade it. Braking and acceleration works exactly what I want, and yes I noted better MPG, when I am using ACC. I watch several videos on YouTube shows C3 with longitudinal control and I have a filling, that stock ACC is better choice for me. Ordered C3 and harness and waiting for the delivery. Hope to check it on my long trip to Colorado in December.

Andyram2020

Reaction score
Can I get a link to the discord? I ordered the C3 and harness. Can't wait to get this up and working. I take long drives and this would be amazing if it works well.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

vegasandre

Reaction score
Up to you, but FSD is the direction George Hotz is going and hopes to achieve in the next few years, or sooner. Big aspirations, maybe, but possible. I am planning to use the 2 in my Prius for now, but will upgrade to the 3 soon. Have the 3 in the RAM and it does well.
wait.. Prius?

St-na

Reaction score
C3 is on back order 2-3 weeks acc to discord? What is the real delivery time for now, anybody was waiting longer than 3 week? Just wondering, if it will arrive before my long trip.

firedfly

Reaction score
C3 is on back order 2-3 weeks acc to discord? What is the real delivery time for now, anybody was waiting longer than 3 week? Just wondering, if it will arrive before my long trip.
The back order is recent and is due to their sale last week. I ordered on 11/22 and mine shipped Tuesday (11/30). Someone on discord ordered on 11/24 and his is back ordered. Both the website and discord list a 2-3 week back order before they ship and that is likely be best information you'll find.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those on here that purchase a harness from me recently with the RED, BLUE., YELLOW, and WHITE wires.
I put the Black connectors on the wrong side of the White connector. This is the only Info missing from the PDF
for making a harness and I went by memory from the first batch I made. If you can send them back to me I
will correct them in a day and have them back on their way to you. You can try to change them yourself, but I
know if you pull on the wires they will break from the Crimp and you will have to send them to me anyway to fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Malodave

St-na

Reaction score
Those on here that purchase a harness from me recently with the RED, BLUE., YELLOW, and WHITE wires.
I put the Black connectors on the wrong side of the White connector. This is the only Info missing from the PDF
for making a harness and I went by memory from the first batch I made. If you can send them back to me I
will correct them in a day and have them back on their way to you. You can try to change them yourself, but I
know if you pull on the wires they will break from the Crimp and you will have to send them to me anyway to fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Malodave
I believe the one, which is shown on attachment. Received few days ago

Attachments

• harness.jpeg
    harness.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 45

St-na

Reaction score
The back order is recent and is due to their sale last week. I ordered on 11/22 and mine shipped Tuesday (11/30). Someone on discord ordered on 11/24 and his is back ordered. Both the website and discord list a 2-3 week back order before they ship and that is likely be best information you'll find.
I ordered 11/24 and received shipping confirmation on 12/06. Not so bad.

St-na

Reaction score
I just realized, that on discord there are two separated servers: "comma.ai community " and "RAM OP community"

St-na

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I feel like I'm missing something and will be breaking soon.

Any tricks to get the lower mirror cover section off? Small top piece came off no problem. but I can't get the lower piece off?

Are either of these trim tool ends what people are using or is there a suggested one? Is the thought that you just push it in to depress one of the clips or are you prying with it? Last question, is the technique to pull straight down to the ground or straight down along the windshield?

Sorry, it seems like it should be a 5min deal and I'm been at a few different times to get it free. The little cover took 20seconds.

Appreciate any help.

Dallas
The only way for me to remove the cover was to push removing tool inside cutout, I used this place also for the wire. Was very easy from there.

Attachments

• 20211214_151605.jpg
    20211214_151605.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Christofo

Reaction score
Can someone please invite me to the discord? All links in the thread have expired.

I have a 2022 2500 with safety group that i'm interested in trying to get OP working on.

St-na

Reaction score

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
Received my Comma 3 a few days ago but they forgot to ship my comma power and harness box even though it was on my packing slip. I notified them and the immediately sent me a tracking number for a new shipment. The next day they emailed me and said they forgot to ship it so now it won't be shipped until the 27th. So loaded up the fork and just staring at it now. It's a shame because I have a 600 mile drive next week.

dreinert

Reaction score
Discord Comma 3 Invite Link
2 main sections installation and general; under the pin (icon) in the installation section that has the basic comma setup instructions

Merry Christmas!!

Users who are viewing this thread