5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comfort Setting Popup

slimchance

Reaction score
Center of the dashboard by the windshield. Looks like a little black ball. I just shoved my sirus xm trifold between the sensor and the windshield completely covering the sensor.
serv. manager and i covered that little bubble to force the headlights to come on with the engine start, it did nothing .... he went outside to 2 other trks and did the same thing with the same results .. says that is how they all work (does NOT control headlights) .. both of our Gladiators works the way you are describing but NOT the Ram

Nephilim70

Reaction score
serv. manager and i covered that little bubble to force the headlights to come on with the engine start, it did nothing .... he went outside to 2 other trks and did the same thing with the same results .. says that is how they all work (does NOT control headlights) .. both of our Gladiators works the way you are describing but NOT the Ram
Mine seems to put the headlights on when in Drive, not Park with the sensor covered..

I have not fully tested this though. I will test it today and report.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have to have the truck in gear for auto headlights to work

FelixTCat

Reaction score
Yep when I cover the sensor and put the truck into drive the headlights come on. If I pull the cover off while driving (during the daytime) the headlight indicator on the dash goes off (and I assume the headlights do as well). Either way I drove for about 3 hours yesterday with the sensor covered and didn't get the pop up a single time (that I noticed and it's pretty noticeable)

slimchance

Reaction score
Yep when I cover the sensor and put the truck into drive the headlights come on. If I pull the cover off while driving (during the daytime) the headlight indicator on the dash goes off (and I assume the headlights do as well). Either way I drove for about 3 hours yesterday with the sensor covered and didn't get the pop up a single time (that I noticed and it's pretty noticeable)
ok, will try this .... NOW my next problem (somewhat related) my Android Auto just loaded itself and is taking over my 12" screen... HOW do i uninstall Android Auto?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok, will try this .... NOW my next problem (somewhat related) my Android Auto just loaded itself and is taking over my 12" screen... HOW do i uninstall Android Auto?
That's a setting on your phones not the truck. Turn off auto launch android auto on the phone

FelixTCat

Reaction score
Got in some more drive time today when it is sunny out and had the same results. Driving with the sensor covered stops the pop up. Local dealer is going to see if they have the sensor in stock and if not get one on order to try swapping that out.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
I did some testing on the lights and it does seem to be independent of the sun sensor or have another input like time. The dash lights do not light up to show headlights on with the sensor covered.

Popup is gone and Maybe that is good enough? Does anyone have the tech manual to check the logic on the sun sensor? I would like to understand the function fully...

Nephilim70

Reaction score
That is great!
Got in some more drive time today when it is sunny out and had the same results. Driving with the sensor covered stops the pop up. Local dealer is going to see if they have the sensor in stock and if not get one on order to try swapping that out.

bryan35

Reaction score
Brought my 2023 1500 Classic in for Comfort Setting Pop Up-Small Icon. Checked the screen for a "micro crack". No crack. Checked that the software was up to date. "performed radio reset and sleep cycle". Couldn't replicate the problem in the shop.

Driving home the pop up happened 7 or 8 times. I called FCA Canada at 1 800 465 2001 and they claim to know of the issue and a software update is coming out at the end of July. Update is supposed to address " black screen, car play, and navigation issues" . Asked then claimed it will fix this issue also. Not holding my breath.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
Shove a dark pc of cardboard over the headlight sensor (I used the sirius xm brochure). I'm probably up to 10-12 hours of driving and so far not a single pop up when it's covered. I'll be on the road for another 6 tomorrow and expect similar results.

bryan35

Reaction score
So is it a faulty headlight sensor causing this issue or a software issue? Guess replacing the headlight sensor will answer that question.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So is it a faulty headlight sensor causing this issue or a software issue? Guess replacing the headlight sensor will answer that question.
If you have auto headlights and they function properly, with the sensor, then I'd say it's a programming issue. If you don't have auto headlights then could be a sensor.

bryan35

Reaction score
Think FelixTCat has auto headlights which work properly and covering the sensor seems to be working.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
My dealer contacted me yesterday that they got approval to order a new sensor so now it's just waiting until it gets in to try swapping that out.

MaxGarneau

Reaction score
I have the same popups issue since day 1 on my brand new 2023 Warlock (bought in april 2024). Dealer replaced the whole Uconnect 5 system a few days ago, but the popups never stopped. I called FCA Canada, and they didn't seem to care at all. They simply told me to go back to the dealer. Not helpfull at all. Thats a very annoying problem.

Covering the sensor works for me, but I want a real solution to the problem. I will go back to the dealer next week and keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread