5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comfort Setting Popup

Killdoza50

Reaction score
Just picked up the new company truck and noticed that randomly while driving a pop up comes from the comfort settings on the screen, telling me where the air is coming from (totally unprompted). Is there any way to turn that off? It's obnoxious and distracting.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
I don't think a picture is required. If you make a selection change using a button or dial, it pops up on the screen. The same happens when you are on auto. A simple programming change would fix this. I have seen it with climate , seat heaters, and carplay makes it lose its mind sometimes.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think a picture is required. If you make a selection change using a button or dial, it pops up on the screen. The same happens when you are on auto. A simple programming change would fix this. I have seen it with climate , seat heaters, and carplay makes it lose its mind sometimes.

I'm not sure you and the OP are talking about the same thing since he said it was random and unprompted. If it's only occurring when you make a selection change using a dial or button then it's not random or unprompted.

I picture and a better description of the issue might help since I still have no idea what either of you are talking about.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
We are talking about exactly the same thing. Randomly as you drive, the climate control showing auto will popup in the bottom left hand corner.

I will see if I can get a pic tomorrow to show you.

I had a theory it was because of auto adjustments by the system. I mentioned the manual control popups to show a possible connection.

On a side note, your system never has random pop ups at all? I get climate controls and heated seats popping up randomly.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On a side note, your system never has random pop ups at all? I get climate controls and heated seats popping up randomly.

No, I have never had anything related to the climate control randomly pop up on the screen without any input from me.

Most of the time, I run it in auto and nothing ever pops up. If I make a temperature change, the tiny box at the top of the screen gets slightly larger while I'm adjusting the temp to show the new temp and reverts back to it's original size as soon as I stop.

If in manual mode and I adjust the fan speed or change modes I get a small momentary popup along the very bottom edge of the screen that shows the change I made but goes away after a second or two.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
I get this popup all the time. Very distracting. I have my system in auto.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
2023 classic Tradesman. I wonder if this is an extra setting possibly just for the fan?

I totally assumed everyone had this happen...lol

One a side note:
Hows your backup camera? Mine is about half the resolution of my Wifes 2018 Wrangler. Also strange. Looks like connection static.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2023 classic Tradesman. I wonder if this is an extra setting possibly just for the fan?

I totally assumed everyone had this happen...lol

One a side note:
Hows your backup camera? Mine is about half the resolution of my Wifes 2018 Wrangler. Also strange. Looks like connection static.
Mine actually works well. I have heard others complain about the quality of theirs, I guess I got lucky.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
Please tell me you have found a solution to this. I just picked up my 2023 Ram 1500 Classic a few weeks ago and this pop up has been driving me crazy, especially when using google maps because it pops up at random and covers the bottom of the screen / directions. Climate control on auto, I thought maybe it was telling me when it turned on / off the fan but that doesn't seem to be it. My backup camera also looks like technology from a decade plus ago.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
I have not found a solution, but I am going in next week for the camera. I suspect the rear connection is the culprit based on the picture getting worse when it rains.

I will ask about the climate popup as well..

josewagn

Reaction score
Did anyone figure out a solution to this climate pop up? I have it too in my brand new 2024 classic 1500!

FelixTCat

Reaction score
I have an apt booked for the morning of the 25th for the climate pop up. It's getting obnoxious as it covers the "end call" button and completely blocks the navigation during google maps. I'll be interested on the camera as mine looks like garbage but I figured that was just RAM going cheap for the lower price point of the classic.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
The said they fixed the camera, but it is exactly the same as before. About 1/2 the resolution of my 2011 Ram. This is the part. It is used on all the units, no matter what trim. It has to be a bad camera or a wiring issue.

Please share what you find on the popup and I will continue chasing the camera issue.

Attachments

• IMG_2484.JPEG
    IMG_2484.JPEG
    85 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2485.JPEG
    IMG_2485.JPEG
    211.4 KB · Views: 16

josewagn

Reaction score
I took mine to the dealer and they said no error codes or anything but acknowledged the climate pop up issue. Said there’s no bulletin from Chrysler (I’m assuming they meant Stellantis) on the issue either. So they said they ordered a whole new radio touchscreen unit which they will install next week when it comes in. Fingers crossed this fixes it….we will see. I’ll let you know after it gets installed. Also FYI this seems like a ridiculous solution and there’s no way I would have ever agreed to this if the truck wasn’t brand new and they were doing it for free. I would think it’s just a software glitch not a hardware issue so to speak.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
I agree that this should be a software issue but if RAM starts paying for a bunch of complete new radios I would expect it to jump to the top of somebodys radar. Thanks for the update and hopefully I get a better answer next week when I take mine in.
One thing I did think about this weekend. I use car play most of the time and was wondering if it was an issue there. Has anybody else had the pop up when not using car play ?

josewagn

Reaction score
I agree that this should be a software issue but if RAM starts paying for a bunch of complete new radios I would expect it to jump to the top of somebodys radar. Thanks for the update and hopefully I get a better answer next week when I take mine in.
One thing I did think about this weekend. I use car play most of the time and was wondering if it was an issue there. Has anybody else had the pop up when not using car play ?
I thought it might be connected to that as well, but after a factory reset at the dealership I saw it pop up on the way home several times before I reconnected my phone at all to the system again. I have however noticed that it only pops up when the climate system is on. If the system (fan) is off entirely it won’t pop up.
Also, I noticed that this seems to have been a problem on the previous software version too I’m guessing from the looks of the difference in how my screen looks versus the guy who posted the pictures near the top of the thread. Like mine looks more advanced with the same problem so to speak. Which is mind-boggling.

Attachments

• B233C2B7-D64F-4D45-8ED4-0F8126BF0350.jpeg
    B233C2B7-D64F-4D45-8ED4-0F8126BF0350.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread