5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comfort Setting Popup

FelixTCat

Reaction score
Mine looks like the picture above where the pop up blocks the entire lower third of the screen. Hell the small pop up is irritating but I would at least be able to end a call or see the navigation (turns, intersections etc)

Nephilim70

Reaction score
Mine shows the big white popup in auto and the small orange one in manual.

Nephilim70

Reaction score
Well the camera was replaced and it is a bit better. No where near typical quality, but acceptable. Still looks like there is a little “noise” on the screen, but I think I will live with it. Any update on the climate pop up?

FelixTCat

Reaction score
Took my '23 1500 Classic in today. No software updates needed, no error codes. They did a truck factory reset (whatever that entailed) and then I wiped all uconnect profiles in my phone and factory reset the radio. After the factory reset I got a "Uconnect Box requires service" error message but that went away after turning off / on the truck. I did not pair my phone but started driving and about 10 min later got the climate pop up. Took it back to the dealer and it's going in next month for a day or two while they try to find a loose connection or issue with the uconnect module. I will say that they had the truck in the garage idling in park for 10+ minutes and never got the pop up.
I'm really hoping that there is a s/w update or notice released before they tear the truck apart chasing the issue.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought it might be connected to that as well, but after a factory reset at the dealership I saw it pop up on the way home several times before I reconnected my phone at all to the system again. I have however noticed that it only pops up when the climate system is on. If the system (fan) is off entirely it won’t pop up.
Also, I noticed that this seems to have been a problem on the previous software version too I’m guessing from the looks of the difference in how my screen looks versus the guy who posted the pictures near the top of the thread. Like mine looks more advanced with the same problem so to speak. Which is mind-boggling.
The difference is, you have a classic which is a 4th Gen and not a 5th Gen, so you have different head unit and software

josewagn

Reaction score
So they replaced my whole radio in my 2024 classic. As I pulled away from the dealer it popped up again so that’s not the problem. I have now figured out it seems to be directly correlated to when the exterior temperature changes by a degree is when it pops up every time. Curious if others could watch theirs and see if that also happens. So I called the dealer back, he said they could take it in and get the engineers involved and see if they can figure it out but I feel like there’s no point going to that length to rip apart the truck over this issue. Idk. Stupid and frustrating.

josewagn

Reaction score
Took my '23 1500 Classic in today. No software updates needed, no error codes. They did a truck factory reset (whatever that entailed) and then I wiped all uconnect profiles in my phone and factory reset the radio. After the factory reset I got a "Uconnect Box requires service" error message but that went away after turning off / on the truck. I did not pair my phone but started driving and about 10 min later got the climate pop up. Took it back to the dealer and it's going in next month for a day or two while they try to find a loose connection or issue with the uconnect module. I will say that they had the truck in the garage idling in park for 10+ minutes and never got the pop up.
I'm really hoping that there is a s/w update or notice released before they tear the truck apart chasing the issue.
See my most recent comment but I bet the reason why it didn’t come up for them is cause the outside temperature didn’t change while it was idling. Mine seems to pop up every time the exterior temperature changes by a degree.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
See my most recent comment but I bet the reason why it didn’t come up for them is cause the outside temperature didn’t change while it was idling. Mine seems to pop up every time the exterior temperature changes by a degree.
Interesting, I was thinking that it changed when the interior temp changed so I was trying to open / shut windows etc while driving but that wasn't it. I have some local roads I will be on later today that have good temp swings (along rivers etc) so I will watch for the ext temp connection.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
One thing that I "thought" fixed it was that I had never activated my uconnect services (I live in a bad cell area and it never worked at the house). I activated them the day I left the dealer and I was starting to think that fixed it but then yesterday it was happening frequently again. I watched for outside temp changes and they didn't seem to be connected to the pop up.

FelixTCat

Reaction score
My 2023 spent the today at the dealer, they thought they found a loose connection but it was still doing the pop up and they ordered a new radio. I did have a new adventure the other day. The entertainment system locked up on a rear camera image (static) when I shifted into drive and stayed that way until I got to my destination and turned off the truck. The screen was locked on the last reverse image and would not react to anything. Driving along at 50 mph with a stuck image on the screen was not much fun.

swarlosbarkley

Reaction score
2023 1500 Classic. The most annoying part is that this climate popup will come through when the "Screen Off" button is selected. Clearly a software bug, but how to get it to someone who will notice and/or fix it? Likely hopeless.

Attachments

• popup.jpg
    popup.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 5

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2023 1500 Classic. The most annoying part is that this climate popup will come through when the "Screen Off" button is selected. Clearly a software bug, but how to get it to someone who will notice and/or fix it? Likely hopeless.
You guys may have better luck posting on a 4th gen RAM forum as the software used on the 4th gen is different.

Users who are viewing this thread