5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colored Ambient Lighting (Dash and Doors)

rgmg0492

Reaction score
Just finished the install. It took about 1 1/2 hours. It was a very easy install and the directions are very good. I had ready replaced my door speakers so I knew how to remove the panel. The hardest one I had was the front passenger side foot well. The fabric panel cover was a pain to remove from the hard plastic glove box lower. I will get pictures when it gets dark. The company was very easy to deal with, I contacted them on FB messenger, they told me the price, and then sent me an invoice through paypal. The LED's showed up 3 days later.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hmmm....:unsure::unsure:i think will go to"PepBoys" and just buy those little 4"strips and leave it at that.i will do like i use to back in the day and fuse it to the "Dimmer"(IMHO)!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I did the dash... You can check it out in this post:

tac63

Reaction score
Here are some pictures from my install. Install instructions are very good and should relieve any fears. Customer service is fantastic. I bought directly from. Ryan via facebook. Good company to buy from with high quality parts. Inspection of replacements shows they to be OEM quality at least.

Attachments

• 20200413_215919.jpg
    20200413_215919.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 432
  • 20200413_215706.jpg
    20200413_215706.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 430
  • 20200413_215301.jpg
    20200413_215301.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 425
  • 20200413_215237.jpg
    20200413_215237.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 417
  • 20200413_215220.jpg
    20200413_215220.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 412
  • 20200413_215107.jpg
    20200413_215107.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 20200413_215027.jpg
    20200413_215027.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 403

chrisnack

Reaction score
Here are some pictures from my install. Install instructions are very good and should relieve any fears. Customer service is fantastic. I bought directly from. Ryan via facebook. Good company to buy from with high quality parts. Inspection of replacements shows they to be OEM quality at least.

looks really nice!

gotmeahemi

Reaction score

Can this be installed on a bighorn? Aside from the dash line I think my panels have all of the other holes for the LEDS and I have the ambient lighting wheel on the left side of the steering wheel (two adjustment wheels total)

I plan to change out my base speakers so I might as well do this too while the panels are off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Can this be installed on a bighorn? Aside from the dash line I think my panels have all of the other holes for the LEDS and I have the ambient lighting wheel on the left side of the steering wheel (two adjustment wheels total)

I plan to change out my base speakers so I might as well do this too while the panels are off

Unfortunately no. They're working on a Bighorn version. It might look like it but you don't have the necessary hardware in your doors and dashboard.

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. They're working on a Bighorn version. It might look like it but you don't have the necessary hardware in your doors and dashboard.

Oh I see. I may have to make something up then. Maybe using the lights you have on your dash but in the doors, to allow the light to pass through the holes??

Is yours wired to the interior lighting? I may splice into the something if possible.

I would prefer not to implode my truck.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I see. I may have to make something up then. Maybe using the lights you have on your dash but in the doors, to allow the light to pass through the holes??

Is yours wired to the interior lighting? I may splice into the something if possible.

I would prefer not to implode my truck.

Mine has a + and - that are plugged into a fuse. Not to the interior lighting switch...

5G Rebel

Reaction score
Where can I get this? Does it utilize the factory wiring? I have a 19 rebel and the light holes are all there. Does it dim with all the other ambient lighting? Sorry for a million question but I've been searching for this ever since I found out it only comes in laramie and up. Also do they offer it in red if love to keep the rebel red theme throughout.

ya3coub

Reaction score
if there will be a group buy,

I'm interested and sign me up.

I have a 2019 DT Laramie the only one in Qatar in the blue streak color, I was thinking of painting the interior dash and doors with a small blue accents just like the rebel, in the same time if those can be changed to a combination as in the photos the blue looks very bright and overkill.

a multicolor I can wait if it will be available at least a mixture of white and blue together.

5G Rebel

Reaction score
I've done plenty of XBOX & PSP LED changes, these don't seem to be that much more difficult -- other than the "style" of LED FCA uses. I'll pull one out and see if they can be changed over -- more than likely, they are surface mount which are a bit more challenging if you do not have the proper soldering equipment.
Hey i was wondering if you ever got around to switching out the diodes on the new style footwell lights.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey i was wondering if you ever got around to switching out the diodes on the new style footwell lights.

No, sorry. After the initial look, I forgot to try it myself (and work has had us 5-6 days a week 10+ hrs per day). I'll go pull one right now and look into it .. thanks for reminding me :)

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I too wish they could give a estimate of cost.

i search for paragoptics, nothing found. Doesn’t necessarily mean anything if they do not have a site.

but a company using yahoo email address does.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Here is a pic of what the LED under your driver's knee looks like.
LED2 is easier to replace if you have the right soldering iron (LED1, notsomuch)

PIN 1 Ground
PIN 2 -- EDITED -- NOT USED
PIN 3 Positive for LED1 (really bright entry/exit - Courtesy)
PIN 4 Positive for LED2 (dimmer Ambient Lighting - Premium Only)

1591554669827.png

Now, you can always cheat and just swap out the lens' or "dye" them (maybe translucent model paint? I also have red and blue cellophane paper from decades ago that I may try as well).

The DOMED one is the LED1 cover while the flat square is the LED2 cover.

1591552891126.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread