5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colored Ambient Lighting (Dash and Doors)

Ijlukaa

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has been able to put ambient lighting in the interior like some of the new Mercedez have
been wanting to set it up but dont know which ones to buy or if anyone has any advise on which are good

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,019

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to put colored ambient lighting in my truck. RAM really screwed up with the lame ambient lighting they put in; it looks cheap and really isn't very useful. I have a friend with a 2013 Explorer Limited with ambient lighting; now that one was done right! (even though I don't like Fords).

rah6887

Reaction score
My truck didn't come with the ambient lighting in the doors etc, is there anyway to add this feature?
Are the harnesses there to accommodate bulbs?

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
I'm just gonna have Ambient lighting installed aftermarket, there are times I'm driving at night and it's too dark inside for me, especially as I had an EB Mustang with Mycolor

7amada

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I too think it is too dark inside the cab at night sometimes.

2019 Ram Rebel here ..

supercanadian

Reaction score
I just got my truck and love the look the ambient lighting so far at least. I do wish the cupholder area had more lighting than the overhead lame one that shines down. I might look at adding my own, I had added lighting to my f150 and you can get cheap kits on amazon and add them via USB or hardwired.

Rplante3108

Reaction score
They are little LEDs, not necessarily a bulb. You would probably have to solder the light off and solder a new one in maybe?

Baron74

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has been able to put ambient lighting in the interior like some of the new Mercedez have
been wanting to set it up but dont know which ones to buy or if anyone has any advise on which are good

I had blue in my Ford F-150 that was bright. If you have to choose a color I would go with red since it doesn't mess with your night vision.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Agree. That's one thing I miss from my Mercedes, where you could choose from a number of colors, not just white.

Last edited:

renzo2213

Reaction score
My truck has it, I want to be able to switch colors. But for those who don’t have it, what about finding the door panels at junk yards? I’m sure that the ambient lighting is just hooked up to the lock/window switches. So you just could replace the whole door panel. Might be a little pricy but hey, it’ll be OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paragoptics

Reaction score
--(For Serious Inquiries Only)--

DT Ram 1500 Factory Plug & Play Ambient Lighting Kits (Laramie, Longhorn, Limited, and TRX trims)

Description:

(Each kit is compatible with 2019+ DT Ram 1500 Laramie, Longhorn, Limited, and TRX trucks only.)

-Patent-Pending

Each kit contains drop-in replacement LED boards to upgrade the "Yellowish White" LEDs in your factory ambient lighting system to a brighter, more aesthetically pleasing color.

We currently have 4 single color LEDs to choose from. Red, Green, Blue, and Cool White.

Lights can be controlled with the factory dimmer switch.

These kits will not void your vehicle's warranty.

Kits are currently on sale for $199.99 (includes tax + shipping) per our quarantine special while supplies last.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via email or direct message us on Facebook

How To Purchase:

Contact us at Info@paragoptics.com. Specify the year, and trim of your DT Ram 1500. Then specify the quantity and color of the ambient lighting kit(s) that you wish to purchase. We will send you a PayPal link where you can pay your invoice to complete the transaction.

Attachments

• 20190322_201739 (2L).jpg
    20190322_201739 (2L).jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 776
  • 2500 Interior (3L).jpg
    2500 Interior (3L).jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 764
  • 20190920_200414 (2L).jpg
    20190920_200414 (2L).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 733
  • 20190921_124146 (2L).jpg
    20190921_124146 (2L).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
How much are the lights and are there instructions for instillation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thrillracing

Reaction score
That looks really good!

Ordered while the sh*t was hitting the fan..Hydro-Blue Laramie Group 2, Air-suspension, Off-road, Sport, Uconnect 12, power running boards, dual panel moonroof.

Users who are viewing this thread