5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colored Ambient Lighting (Dash and Doors)

5G Rebel

Reaction score
Here is a pic of what the LED under your driver's knee looks like.
LED2 is easier to replace if you have the right soldering iron (LED1, notsomuch)

PIN 1 Ground
PIN 2 -- EDITED -- NOT USED
PIN 3 Positive for LED1 (really bright entry/exit - Courtesy)
PIN 4 Positive for LED2 (dimmer Ambient Lighting - Premium Only)

View attachment 58392

Now, you can always cheat and just swap out the lens' or "dye" them (maybe translucent model paint? I also have red and blue cellophane paper from decades ago that I may try as well).

The DOMED one is the LED1 cover while the flat square is the LED2 cover.

View attachment 58390
I appreciate it. Not sure yet what I'll do. I'm just looking to change the ambient lighting so if that's led 2 then I might look into it. Do you know if i can purchase and led like that? Could just find one that's similar on a strip and use that. What about the small light thats up by the map lights I have a white one there too id like to change. I think it might be the same.

AlexMaxiMen

Reaction score
I want this ambient light in my Rebel. Swap from crashed truck?))))

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m curious which trims come with the led housing already installed and if not what’s the parts number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magna

Reaction score
I had a 17 Limited with ambient lighting but now I have a 19 sport that just has leds but no door lighting. My question would be do the doors already have the wiring loose behind the panels to accommodate this feature?
There is a guy on YT who replaced all his ambient lighting to blue leds.

FM45

Reaction score
FYI---- wiring is NOT present... you would need wiring for each door, the 4 housing/leds, and the acrylic tube for the bottom pocket which you will have to make or source from a wreck...

-=FM45=-

Code2medic

Reaction score
I’m guessing this thread didn’t go very far.

i have the 2020 Laramie mine bulbs came in today I can take pictures of the instructions this week or you can watch this video

ToopaCent

Reaction score
Anyone know if they had any traction with this for Bighorns outside of the footwells? I wonder what the work would look like to add the ambient lighting from the Laramie/Limited packages.

FM45

Reaction score
more info---

-=FM45=-

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’m guessing this thread didn’t go very far.

i have the 2020 Laramie mine bulbs came in today I can take pictures of the instructions this week or you can watch this video

How did this go?
I want to order these for my Limited but the blue lights are out of stock. Pls post pics and any gotchas if you encountered any.

Thanks!

Code2medic

Reaction score
How did this go?
I want to order these for my Limited but the blue lights are out of stock. Pls post pics and any gotchas if you encountered any.

Thanks!
I just got mine today the longest part was removing the two philips screws. I only changed out the dash for now as I just got home from work so 6 bulbs total took what 10 mins.

mill do the doors this weekend

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I just got mine today the longest part was removing the two philips screws. I only changed out the dash for now as I just got home from work so 6 bulbs total took what 10 mins.

mill do the doors this weekend
Thanks for the quick reply. Pls post pics when you complete it.

Code2medic

Reaction score
Man, that looks fantastic!
I went with red cause it doesn’t mess with night vision and yet it’s low key not like that blue or green. It’s a nice red that isn’t over powering and sets a smooth mood.

but now the question is do I feel the 11 led lights are worth 124 bucks...... no I don’t they are bottom end led chips soldered on a board to fit. Anyone honestly could make them at a fraction of the cost. Hell I might look into that now that I think about it

Last edited:

Mav

Reaction score
I went with red cause it doesn’t mess with night vision and yet it’s low key not like that blue or green. It’s a nice red that isn’t over powering and sets a smooth mood.

but now the question is do I feel the 11 led lights are worth 124 bucks...... no I don’t they are bottom end led chips soldered on a board to fit. Anyone honestly could make them at a fraction of the cost. Hell I might look into that now that I think about it
What kind of warranty do you offer?

Users who are viewing this thread