5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choosing Best Tonneau Cover

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What are y’alls thoughts on retractable covers? I have been looking at this one because I can mount crossbars for my bike above the box and still have plenty of storage for my gear underneath.

https://paceedwardsdirect.com/p/pac...3OnB4MyoeB9kUGrcAf-2sN0xy5eT1N7saAiroEALw_wcB

I have a retrax and love it! had one on my 14 ram as well for 4 years no issues what so ever. If you dont mind a 5 inch canister that comes about a 1/4 of way deep next to cab to the bottom of the bed its awesome!

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any options for retractable covers? I (will) have the BUG Rail System on my build.
I really Like my retrax its dry easy install and looks great! Not sure But I dont think it would matter with your Rail system as the retrax actually lays on top the bed.

Vincey2kr1

Reaction score
I love mine, it's the Extang Revolution. No velcro strips like other roll up ones, sits very flush. Took the truck to the beach last month, it came a monsoon on the way back thanks to Hurricane Micheal, and our luggage was dry as a bone when we got home.
Does your extang flap/flutter in the wind much? It’s about the only downside I see going with then tyger cover on amazon they tend to vibrate/flutter with wind.

bsebesta

Reaction score
For those still looking, I called Truck Alterations yesterday. BAKFlip MX4 shipped w/o tax was $755. About the same as the lowest price I could find on the Mopar tri-fold, and I could find the Mopar in stock anywhere.

Lights_out

Reaction score
Does your extang flap/flutter in the wind much? It’s about the only downside I see going with then tyger cover on amazon they tend to vibrate/flutter with wind.

Not much at all. Keep in mind that it is a soft cover that rolls up so naturally it's going to a little, but not enough for concern. It pulls just about as tight as possible when latched. I chose the Revolution because it doesn't have the velcro strips that you have to fool with and because it sits very flush and has a low profile. It seals via two little channels on the sides that seal up when you latch it.

HannibalofCarthage

Reaction score
Literally installed this Lomax a few minutes ago. Need to run some water on it to check the seal.

Attachments

• 22EC6C8B-D7D6-403C-968F-DE9BAD54E21C.jpeg
    22EC6C8B-D7D6-403C-968F-DE9BAD54E21C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 419
  • 5A5B584C-9244-44BF-9D7F-72B39B1B898D.jpeg
    5A5B584C-9244-44BF-9D7F-72B39B1B898D.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 419

cjmst23

Reaction score
OK, Monday is the day we thought would never come! I actually have a FedEx tracking number for my Bakflip MX4 (for RamBox) delivery!!!

Morrie, my main man from Tonneau Factory Outlet, hooked me up with the first one in exchange for assisting BAK with photos and critique of the installation process.

Siscoster

Reaction score
I love mine, it's the Extang Revolution. No velcro strips like other roll up ones, sits very flush. Took the truck to the beach last month, it came a monsoon on the way back thanks to Hurricane Micheal, and our luggage was dry as a bone when we got home.
Thanks for the share. Now I’m heavily considering the extang revolution cover. Does anyone else have any experience with this cover?

bdm219

Reaction score
I installed my Bakflip F1 yesterday. I absolutely love it, looks so much better than the Tonnopro I had on it. Some nice little upgrades from prior years, like the resin latches which replace the d rings which would rust in the first 6 months. This cover is top notch!

ponypride

Reaction score
I have the BAK MX4 and I love it. $725 with free shipping. I love it and recommend this hard cover.

trippingpara

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Mopar one (#82215227AB) can be down when you close the tailgate like the BakFlip MX4 or do you have to lift the cover before closing the tailgate like the BakFlip G2?

anthtony

Reaction score
I've been REALLY happy with the American Roll Cover by Truck Covers USA. Not the cheapest, but for a retractable cover it "checks" all the boxes I wanted. Releases with a key from the top, OR quick release from the under side. Uses the least amount of space of any retractable inside the bed, too. Does a great job with keeping water out as well. The only place I get water after a car wash is through the tailgate, which has less to do with the cover and more to do with the tailgate.

Super impressed overall!!

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 405
  • IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0263.jpeg
    IMG_0263.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 434
  • IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 442
  • IMG_0265.jpeg
    IMG_0265.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 423

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed Truxedo Low Pro X15 purchased for the ease of removal as roll up and the low profile matte finish.

Users who are viewing this thread